SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 08-19-17 05:21 PM

The Wolves of Steel v2.0.0 to v2.0.6 Update CHANGELOG:

v2.0.6
- Added TDW's bridge crew for AI submarines.
- AI Sub crew "anti-CTD" fixes and TWoS compatibility tweaks.
- Chief engineer, Watch officer and Hydrophone operator dialog menus enhanced with more dialog and command lines taken from very nice archer9's expansion of old MCCD mod. Now it is possible to control your U-Boat only trough interactions with your crew.
- New dialog commands optimized for the use with TWoS megamod, removed some of the unrealistic and redundant commands.
- Several tooltips tweaks which should enhance players GUI functionality awareness.
- If dive command is issued while player is still on the bridge, message will inform him that he needs to first enter the sub.
- Underwater HDR effects adjusted for slightly "colder" appearance.

Added mods:
v2.0.6
- EMCCD v0.3.2 by archer9
- AI_sub_crew_1_0_2_TheDarkWraith

Removed mods:
-

Installation:
1. Install "The Wolves of Steel 2.0_Update 2.0.6.exe" to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (e.g. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct path when asked. After the installation, your Generic Mod Enabler will start automatically.
2. Deactivate all activated mods with your JSGME except "The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0" main mod.
3. Enable the Update 2.0.6 2nd in your activated modlist, right after the "The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0" main mod, like this:

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.6 Update
[other optional TWoS 2.x.x mods/addons]

* Enable the update in port or patrol.
* Update 2.0.6 contains changes from all previous updates. You can remove/delete previous update(s) from your JSGME.

* Main TWoS 2.0 installer will also be enhanced with latest update

gap 08-19-17 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2507453)
Hi gap
I wonder is sober did a risk assesement before actually implimenting this in his mega mod?:hmmm:
You can see all the order in his post#6
Peter

Well, that's not something that you can simply asses by running a test mission; risks might vary greatly depending on circumstances and on playing style, but imho, even if it didn't involve any negative effects on gameplay, your idea of preventing the player from issuing orders to officers who are not right in front of him, would be totally unrealistic :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2507465)
The Wolves of Steel v2.0.0 to v2.0.6 Update

Well done Vecko :up:

fitzcarraldo 08-19-17 07:57 PM

Many thanks for the update. Downloading now, trying tomorrow....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fire-fox 08-20-17 02:59 AM

Nice work on 2.05 (I'll try 2.06 later today) but when did the dates get removed from the flag table?

Is there messages to state when each country becomes hostile/friendly/ neutral ? Like GB /France /cccp /us ? Sorry only just restarted hater years away and only just left Memel.

wolfbaron 08-20-17 04:07 AM

ok tried many things in 2.0.6 seems to be ok

( taking photos of targets still do not work : ) ) i do not care tho

still requesting some enhanccement to sound/voice package

Overall loving it...thanks a lot for the efforts vdr1981

PS: SH5 will always miss the type IX : (

Regards

THEBERBSTER 08-20-17 04:11 AM

Hi palmic
Quote:

My update of choice would be removing all UI showing me speed, depth and such a things to force me to look on gauges around :up:
Some of this is in sobers mega mod.
While the speed UI has been removed the keyboard can be used to set a speed the depth UI is needed to set depths.
Removing the depth UI would be a bit more challenging as you would need to ask the Chief to dive and then watch the depth gauge.
You would have to ues the shortcut A key to stop the dive or use manual dive planes.
Check this hud out.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77&postcount=2
Peter

vdr1981 08-20-17 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2507524)

Is there messages to state when each country becomes hostile/friendly/ neutral ? Like GB /France /cccp /us ?

Port colors...

fire-fox 08-20-17 08:56 AM

Ow ok missed that thanks.

excel4004 08-20-17 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2507531)
Hi palmic
Some of this is in sobers mega mod.
While the speed UI has been removed the keyboard can be used to set a speed the depth UI is needed to set depths.
Removing the depth UI would be a bit more challenging as you would need to ask the Chief to dive and then watch the depth gauge.
You would have to ues the shortcut A key to stop the dive or use manual dive planes.
Check this hud out.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...77&postcount=2
Peter

The "new" Sober mod looks really awesome. After ending the war with TWoS i will sure play/test that mod.

With the new TWoS update i got some CTDs now, before my TWoS was 100% stable not even one single CTD.:doh:

Btw what are AI submarines and the crew therefore?

gap 08-20-17 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2507461)
My update of choice would be removing all UI showing me speed, depth and such a things to force me to look on gauges around :up:

It would force me to move myself to some relevant room (for instance there is compas at control room, sound engineer room and so..., there is speedometer in control room, machineraum and tower.....)
That would be realy nice. :salute:

Again: as for officer order icons, that would be a cool addition (or rather a cool deduction lol :O:), but wouldn't the commander ask his officers about that information? What would come next? Having to walk to the CE in order to command a new depth, or rather having to be in the command room and physically handle the rudders whenever we need to steer the boat? Or, why not, having to go in the torpedo room for firing our eels (missing the pleasure of prononcing the fateful phrase "torpedo loss")? And what about damage interface, how cool would be if had to walk through all the compartments in order to asses suffered damage?

As far as I am concerned...

- more commands by dialog, working 3D dials and minimal interface: big thumbs up :up:

- officer commands and speed, depth, heading, time and hour of the day, CO2 level, etc. information removed from the interface: definitely not, unless we find a way to simulate voicepipes that we can use to remotely issue orders and for asking information on our boat's status :)

vdr1981 08-20-17 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2507635)

With the new TWoS update i got some CTDs now, before my TWoS was 100% stable not even one single CTD.:doh:

Anyone else had similar issues?
Can You give me some test scenario where I can reproduce problematic CTDs?

excel4004 08-20-17 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2507655)
Anyone else had similar issues?
Can You give me some test scenario where I can reproduce problematic CTDs?

Hard to tell, i think the came random but always after using the new command options. The last one was after some interaction with the sonar man and then i switched into the commands menu of the executive officer. Asked him nothing, just left the menu by pressing 1 by using the keyboard --> CTD.

THEBERBSTER 08-20-17 02:51 PM

Hi gap
You make a strong point of discussion regarding the various points you detailed.
In sobers mega mod while you can dive using an icon you cannot surface or crash dive without going to the chief.
At decks awash you have to dive or go to periscope depth or snorkel depth before you can surface.
While this sounds somewhat absurb in real terms as you have pointed out it actually ads a lot to the game immersion.
I particularly liked the fact that it appeared to make the game slower as you seem to take more care and attention in the details.
I found myself walking up and down ladders instead of always teleporting and also taking the time to read the dials properly in the command room for the first time in years.

I am not implying that TWOS should be going down this route as many like yourself would not want it and would be too radical.
More commands to the crew by avatar makes the game more personal and in a funny way it makes you feel more responsible to your crew than just pushing icons.
Its also useful to have the icons as one can take them or leave them.

Currently the default integrated default fuel/battery/CO2/compressed air UI in TWOS could be removed or disabled in the Options File Editor Viewer as this information is already in the sub sytem screen.
Peter

Claudius 08-20-17 03:44 PM

I have the SH 5 Gold purchased by Ubisoft via download I can use The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod?

Or is there another version of The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod for Ubisoft SH 5 version via download?

vdr1981 08-20-17 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2507671)
Hard to tell, i think the came random but always after using the new command options. The last one was after some interaction with the sonar man and then i switched into the commands menu of the executive officer. Asked him nothing, just left the menu by pressing 1 by using the keyboard --> CTD.

Strange...Dialog commands work perfectly for me...:hmmm: Waiting for more feedbacks from other players...

Quote:

- Avoid excessive interaction with your crew after long playing sessions. Complex crew interaction animations can sometimes cause game crash after longer playing sessions.
This is from FAQ section...
Could it be that you are dealing with this known problem which is now more noticeable since you interact now with your crew more than before?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudius (Post 2507690)
I have the SH 5 Gold purchased by Ubisoft via download I can use The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod?

Only Steam is problematic..All other versions are OK...:yep: