SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 11-01-16 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 2443890)
Hi Veco, yes it was a clean install. Yes, I have some very simple own modified mods. I'll see if the CTD repeats tonight.

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
Normal VIIA
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters
Mikaels Morale_Abilities (my own morale)
Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms_for TWoS 1.06

:salute:

Are you sure that the CTD was related to your "periscope depth" command input? I have played /tested a lot and I have never had such issue.:hmmm:

Did you have similar problems before, with v1.05 for example?

In any case,I can't do much about it if I can not reproduce the issue or without precise testing scenario.

If CTDs repeats reinstall your game , delete all SH5 related folders in my documents and start new campaign.

And once again , link with detailed description on how to report an issue is right there in my signature. I need details ...Without it, I can only conclude that the issue is user/inadequate game/mod installation/faulty modlist related (which is most of the time true unfortunately :)).

renard60 11-01-16 12:28 PM

Hello
the 1.6 mod I can not seem to have the ship identifiaction
I did the shooting solution
see screenshot
thank you

http://zupimages.net/up/16/44/yp6a.jpg

Lanzfeld 11-01-16 01:05 PM

Did you enable the "wind and smoke" add on?

Lanzfeld 11-01-16 01:48 PM

What does the mod "Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms" do?

and I assume the friendly deck gun waves allows the deckgun to fire in all seastates?

Great work.....but now the install instructons on page one need a once over.

TheBeast 11-01-16 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renard60 (Post 2443921)
Hello
the 1.6 mod I can not seem to have the ship identifiaction
I did the shooting solution
see screenshot
thank you

I think you must have target lock for Ship Identification option to show up.

kiwikid1940 11-01-16 02:45 PM

The video on the installation page no longer works as Shaefer (aka The Norse Cast) has closed his YouTube account!!!!!

This is a great pity as he had some great video's on YouTube

fitzcarraldo 11-01-16 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 2443890)
Hi Veco, yes it was a clean install. Yes, I have some very simple own modified mods. I'll see if the CTD repeats tonight.

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders
Normal VIIA
DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters
Mikaels Morale_Abilities (my own morale)
Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms_for TWoS 1.06

:salute:

What about the Normal VIIA? Are you playing with this boat? I didnīt have CTDs in Danzig with similar scenery (planes attacking, destroyers...). Only I order crash dive and no CTD with TWoS 1.06. But I play the mission with a VIIB from start.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

renard60 11-01-16 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2443933)
Did you enable the "wind and smoke" add on?

hello
no enable
tank you

renard60 11-01-16 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2443952)
I think you must have target lock for Ship Identification option to show up.

hello
???????
my french
tank you

fitzcarraldo 11-01-16 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renard60 (Post 2443967)
hello
???????
my french
tank you

Without the smoke mod addon, you donīt have identification. And yes, you need to touch some commands with the OFEV application for personalize your TWoS.

Try with Smoke addon and see if you have the identification working. By default, TWoS is the "hard way".

From TWoS install instructions:

"5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon (optional, enabled auto target recogn. button)" (says 1.05 but it is the same with 1.06).

You can change this (and lot of things), with OFEV. Please, see in the SH5 help threads for instructions using the OFEV application. OFEV: Options File Editor Viewer.

Regards.

fitzcarraldo 11-01-16 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2443947)
What does the mod "Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms" do?

and I assume the friendly deck gun waves allows the deckgun to fire in all seastates?

Great work.....but now the install instructons on page one need a once over.

That mod is the original Silent Vicking interiors without the Silent Michal (fixed by The Beast), added (as TWoS v1.05). Apply the mod, and you lose the Silent Michal Interiors.

Regards.

mikaelanderlund 11-02-16 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2443916)
Are you sure that the CTD was related to your "periscope depth" command input? I have played /tested a lot and I have never had such issue.:hmmm:

Did you have similar problems before, with v1.05 for example?

In any case,I can't do much about it if I can not reproduce the issue or without precise testing scenario.

If CTDs repeats reinstall your game , delete all SH5 related folders in my documents and start new campaign.

And once again , link with detailed description on how to report an issue is right there in my signature. I need details ...Without it, I can only conclude that the issue is user/inadequate game/mod installation/faulty modlist related (which is most of the time true unfortunately :)).

I had forgotten to activate "snapshots" in Generic Patcher. Could this possibly be the reason for CTD? I start up a new campaign tonight :salute:

g3922 11-02-16 06:23 AM

I have tried a hundred ways under the sun with no avail to get wolves of steel 1.06 to work in my sim. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've read and followed every thread and tutorial but still no avail. Frustrated to say the least

renard60 11-02-16 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2443976)
Without the smoke mod addon, you donīt have identification. And yes, you need to touch some commands with the OFEV application for personalize your TWoS.

Try with Smoke addon and see if you have the identification working. By default, TWoS is the "hard way".

From TWoS install instructions:

"5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon (optional, enabled auto target recogn. button)" (says 1.05 but it is the same with 1.06).

You can change this (and lot of things), with OFEV. Please, see in the SH5 help threads for instructions using the OFEV application. OFEV: Options File Editor Viewer.

Regards.

Hello
putting the mod 5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon
it's OK
thank you

fitzcarraldo 11-02-16 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renard60 (Post 2444050)
Hello
putting the mod 5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon
it's OK
thank you

Great! Remember: if you want an "easy" TWoS, ALWAYS you must use the Smoke addon. Or change options with OFEV.:Kaleun_Applaud:

Default TWoS is realistic, hard way.

Regards and good hunt!