SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Von_Stolzenberg 09-11-16 12:04 PM

BTW I still couldnt get the options enabler working, so I can not do user configs for periscope presets and so on. also the steps described in the FAQ dont work for me

vdr1981 09-11-16 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von_Stolzenberg (Post 2433489)
BTW I still couldnt get the options enabler working, so I can not do user configs for periscope presets and so on. also the steps described in the FAQ dont work for me

How about to edit only one tab at the time and then save and restart OFEV?

EDIT:
Try now, I have edited OFEV instructions a bit...:yep:

Tony Tea 09-11-16 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2345885)
When reporting a problem/bug/CTD, please make sure to provide answers to following questions:

- How much familiar are you with basic computer operations and modding in general?
- Experienced SH player or a newcomer?
- Confirm that the game is patched to official v1.2.0 version.
- Do you use Steam version of the game?
- Did you check provided install instructions, FAQ and tips and did you find them understandable enough?
- Specify mods you're using and state your mod order (use "Export activated mods list to" JSGME function).
- If you use any unsupported mods, remove them, reinstall the game according to install notes/start new campaign and make sure that the issue still persist.
- Make sure to provide as much details as possible when describing the situation when problem/bug/CTD can be observed. What should we do in order to reproduce this issue?
- A number of screenshots can be very useful too.

Any report with less details or report like "HELP MY GAME CTD RANDOMLY ALL THE TIME :/\\!!:timeout::down::hmph: !!!" is not helpful at all and it will only cause confusion.
Be thorough in your bug reports so we can diagnose, fix or discard the issue with less time consuming efforts, otherwise we wont see much use of it...

After several clean installs, I have finally got to play Wolves of Steel, thanks so much guys!! Ok a couple of questions - I am playing the 1.05 main mod, with the 16.8 update and the Wind and Smoke; with nothing else! I wanted to leave out Real Navigation until seeing the game for the first time. The only CTD problem so far has happened during talking to the bosun. I attempted to change to the recommended SH3 UI and accessed TDW Profile Viewer but found only SH5 Enhanced active with no other selection? And finally, it would be nice to get the original binoculars and uzo stations functioning again - Any help appreciated friends!! And a note to others - Subscribe if you need to - This is how SH5 should look and feel!!! One happy member, Thanks again!!:Kaleun_Salute:

Ashikaga 09-11-16 12:47 PM

QUESTION :

Where can I find the Protractor and ruler images ? I need to mirror and flip them since they now show South at North and North at South.

Tonci87 09-11-16 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2433502)
QUESTION :

Where can I find the Protractor and ruler images ? I need to mirror and flip them since they now show South at North and North at South.

That might be intentional. If you want to draw a north course the line you draw will go through the buttom of the image...

THEBERBSTER 09-11-16 02:07 PM

Hi Vecko
The program (x86) File Folder and the Program Files Folder are both directories and have restrictions attached to them.
Rockin Robbins gave a more detailed account on this a while back why these directories should not be used IIRC.
While game launcher always defaults to the x86 folder you do not have to accept that as there is also another genuine version that can be installed on any drive and in any folder.
Peter

vdr1981 09-11-16 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2433518)
While game launcher always defaults to the x86 folder you do not have to accept that as there is also another genuine version that can be installed on any drive and in any folder.
Peter

I thought that default path is always "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"?:hmmm:

vdr1981 09-11-16 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2433509)
That might be intentional. If you want to draw a north course the line you draw will go through the buttom of the image...

Hehe, exactly...:up:

Actually, I'm always littlebit amused when I see someone who cries out loud "why is my Protractor flipped upside-down" ...:O:

Ashikaga 09-11-16 03:42 PM

Aha ! Well since I am used to sailing and boating I do not use my protractor and ruler in that way. I draw a line and my ship is the center and the line will give my course by using the nav disc which is on the side of the nav map.

That is why now I have the Tool Helper closed always so I just see the ruler icon and compass icons. Not the discs.

Always put the ship at the center cross when working with your map. :) Basic sailing navigation techniques ehehehehehe.

But I understand why the game has it that way now.

Oh by the way. Not everyone will have the C:/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5 directory. Not everyone uses the bought version of the game these days you see. Some use the free version. It is however by default in the program/x86 folder in Windows with the Cfg files in the Documents SH5 folder.

Ashikaga.

vdr1981 09-11-16 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikaga (Post 2433537)
Aha ! Well since I am used to sailing and boating I do not use my protractor and ruler in that way. I draw a line and my ship is the center and the line will give my course by using the nav disc which is on the side of the nav map.

Twos uses authentic KM tools created by gap...:yep:

vdr1981 09-11-16 04:14 PM

I'm preparing new update with several fixes an improvements...

Quote:

No. 16.9 WIP
- Shortened encrypted combat orders with 26+ groups in order to fit them correctly into the captain's log.
- "Pending" mission/objective status renamed to "On-going".
- Airstrikes,cfg, Elite Airbase Modifier=0.8 , was 0.9.
- Edited skill settings for some airbases in late war campaigns.
- New charts category - Harbor Charts : Added 11 DieReeperbahn's harbor charts of most frequently used ports. Very useful addition for real navigation...
- Removed some duplicated and less used charts.
Note that Captains sailing right now with Update No. 16.6 to 16.8 can enable the new update on patrol without problems...

Few pics of awesome looking DieReeperbahn's harbor charts...

https://s6.postimg.org/q1z4hszch/SH5...1_22_08_50.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/6leeva48h/SH5...1_22_10_58.jpg

THEBERBSTER 09-11-16 06:22 PM

Just use the draggable compass.
You can flip it either way.
Peter

Von_Stolzenberg 09-11-16 06:29 PM

Ha finally some success on my 3rd feindfahrt. Another 2 freighters down and this time I tried the method with drawing lines, using a 90° approach and setting everything up... and it actually worked just fired a single Aal ( after 3-4 reloads)

Guess I will try again to sink more Landingships =) ~37.00tonns now at least not bad for November 39 (at least for me)

will try to enable the options tomorrow. still most awesome mod

btw. now that i installed SH3 again and was turned down by the graphics... I really miss the crew management and workshifts for the crew in SH5, would have been soo much potentian

THEBERBSTER 09-11-16 06:33 PM

Hi Vecko
Quote:

I thought that default path is always "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"?:hmmm:
Cannot give you answer on that one as I cannot remember.

I was just saying in my post the game launcher application does not have to go in the x86 folder there is another option if you use this.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ownload-Forums
Peter

vdr1981 09-11-16 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2433575)
Hi Vecko
Cannot give you answer on that one as I cannot remember.

I was just saying in my post the game launcher application does not have to go in the x86 folder there is another option if you use this.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ownload-Forums
Peter

Well, if The Norse Cast says that it is "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5" than it is "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"...Ende!...:03:https://youtu.be/pevSVIsmxhs?t=3m32s

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von_Stolzenberg (Post 2433574)

btw. now that i installed SH3 again and was turned down by the graphics... I really miss the crew management and workshifts for the crew in SH5, would have been soo much potentian

Very true...