SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fishers of Men 03-12-14 05:00 PM

Setting back out to sea

I am also returning to SH after several years absence. I now have SH5 and after much research, I have decided on your megamod to install. There are three individual mods that I see in your list that I have not found, yet.

HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7 _1_0_to_7_5_0

Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + equipment control patches)

R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners

How important are these and what are the links to their download locations?

Thank You Very Much!

nomad71 03-13-14 05:37 PM

Updates

Vecko, first of all, great work with the mod.

There have been two interesting updates: IRAI 0.41 and (today) OH 2.5

How should we handle these? Do we need to wait for you to release an update to the mega mod?

Sorry, this is all new to me....

aexis 03-13-14 09:49 PM

Yes I am curious as well. I'd like to give your pack a try with the new OH update!

vdr1981 03-14-14 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishers of Men (Post 2185116)
I am also returning to SH after several years absence. I now have SH5 and after much research, I have decided on your megamod to install. There are three individual mods that I see in your list that I have not found, yet.

HydrophoneFollowNearestContactFix_For_NewUIs_TDC_7 _1_0_to_7_5_0

Submarine's .sim&cfg (modified for engine ratio + equipment control patches)

R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners

How important are these and what are the links to their download locations?

Thank You Very Much!

You should check Sober's megamod thread...
You wont find R.S.D. - Less Accurate AI Gunners because it is specially developed for TWoS . Maybe I'll upload it later...
Quote:

Originally Posted by nomad71 (Post 2185585)
Vecko, first of all, great work with the mod.

There have been two interesting updates: IRAI 0.41 and (today) OH 2.5

How should we handle these? Do we need to wait for you to release an update to the mega mod?

Sorry, this is all new to me....

Unfortunately, you cant just install some essential mods like OH , IRAI or TDW UI's after the megamod and expect everything to work fine. That's the price and the bad side of megamods like this. But don't worry...I'm preparing new version with latest IRAI, OHII , TDW UI's and gen. patcher on board...

nomad71 03-14-14 11:25 AM

Great to know that a new version is coming!!!

aexis 03-14-14 12:09 PM

Woohoo! Thank you so much!

Fishers of Men 03-14-14 02:47 PM

I already checked sober's links for these mods and came up empty. That is why I though you might know their locations.

But after your comment on the improvement to some of your megamod components, I see I might not need them for they will be included in future updates. It must be a lot of work to make changes to what you include when other are making improvements to their mods, and make everything work together.

Thanks for your work. I appreciate this community effort.

Gualicho 03-20-14 11:40 AM

Steam version

Hi,

I was looking forward to buying this game, and this mod seems great. Sadly I can only get the Steam version here in my country. I was wondering what will I lose if I cannot use TWD patcher (since it doesn't work with steam version)?

I might be able to ask a friend to bring me the DVD from the US, but I wanted to know if the Steam version will be supported with this patch and all its features.

Thanks,

Sjizzle 03-20-14 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gualicho (Post 2188315)
Hi,

I was looking forward to buying this game, and this mod seems great. Sadly I can only get the Steam version here in my country. I was wondering what will I lose if I cannot use TWD patcher (since it doesn't work with steam version)?

I might be able to ask a friend to bring me the DVD from the US, but I wanted to know if the Steam version will be supported with this patch and all its features.

Thanks,

with steam version of the game u loose all the bug fixes ....tdw's generic patcher doesn't work with the steam version that's mean the game is full with bugs almost unplayeble ....

Targor Avelany 03-20-14 11:59 AM

You can try and get a download version (NON-Steam), for example from Amazon, if you go through the link at the top of the forum's page.

There are quite a few things you going to be missing. But it is not even that - it is what out of the features, that were majorly broken and you are unable to fix w/o TDW Patcher you are ok with NOT-working.

The most obvious, of course, is use of stadimeter. I'm pretty sure there are some other fixes for it, that does not require the .exe patch, but as far as I know most of them haven't been used for a very long time and I'm not even sure if they are around.

The additional features are awasome, but they are useless if the main game is working only in a horrible way, don't you think? :)

Jimbuna 03-20-14 12:16 PM

Welcome to SubSim Gualicho :salute:

Gualicho 03-20-14 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I wasn't quite sure what the TWD patcher was. So I'll try to get the DVD of this great (thanks to the modders!) game.

EDIT: Ahh I just read about the download option. I didn't even know this existed! Is this the same as having the actual DVD?

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-...ilent+hunter+5

EDIT2: Amazon is no go for me: "Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address."

Is the Gamersgate version the same?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SH5BACE...c-gold-edition

I'm sorry if I'm stealing the thread, but I thought that there might be someone else with the same doubts, since I only want to try it IF I can use this mod at its fully potential.

Glad to be here :-)

volodya61 03-20-14 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gualicho (Post 2188341)
..Is the Gamersgate version the same?..

Yes.. it's the same..

ReallyDedPoet 03-20-14 01:10 PM

Welcome to SUBSIM Gualicho :yep::up:

Gualicho 03-20-14 01:19 PM

Thanks all! Downloading now :D