SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

masd 04-13-15 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2306204)
What is your current date?

MV Bessel should be available for refueling in Vigo from June '40:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2078
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2088

Please inform Trevally in OHII's thread on any anomaly or misleading campaign message.

In theory you should been given notice about the availability of any individual replenishment ship shortly before her deployment in campaign. The same goes for their retirement.
Replenishment operations in Spanish ports were unofficial (Spain was a neutral country) and they were carried out in a strictly confidential way; even admitting that someone in KM's high commands could foresee the readiness of Spain to support the German Campaign in the Atlantic, to the point of knowing with large advance start and ending dates (which I doubt), no U-boat captain would have been informed about them but at the last minute. :salute:

Hi Gap
Im in middle March, so the message about the MV Bessel came to early, i remember i've received it on March 1th. I will post it on OH thread.

PaulB 04-13-15 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozin (Post 2306034)
Thats a known bug with the "TDW electric engine rations patch" or "TDW electric engine rotations patch". It only happens on the electric engines as far as I know of.

Thank you, indeed it's an issue of that mod. No big deal.

Also turns out so far that the other CTDs I've had are random and not repeatable, which is good news in a sense.

Lately I've been having a problem with the messagebox (where crew orders, info etc are shown) disappearing. It pops up again as I up the TC (at 32x and above), then disappears again as I lower the TC below 32x. Is there some toggle button to make it stick?

vdr1981 04-13-15 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2306284)

Also turns out so far that the other CTDs I've had are random and not repeatable, which is good news in a sense.

Can you say more about those CTD's , how many of them, location, were there any AI units around you ect... Have you read my tips for stable gameplay?

Phrozin 04-13-15 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2306284)

Lately I've been having a problem with the messagebox (where crew orders, info etc are shown) disappearing. It pops up again as I up the TC (at 32x and above), then disappears again as I lower the TC below 32x. Is there some toggle button to make it stick?

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly, but I believe it's the "L" key that hides and unhides the message box.

Husksubsky 04-13-15 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikemike47 (Post 2306210)
For clarity, it is the main.cfg in your documents folder. In windows 7, C:\Users\<your profile name>\Documents\SH5\data\cfg

NOT the game folder Silent Hunter 5\data\cfg.

Yes sound right. The one u get told to change during install (first post) Change spot friendly from 1to 1,256 or whatever then should be able to pass with hight tc in travel mode
Or just 256 so it ll keep 256 in both modes

PaulB 04-13-15 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozin (Post 2306307)
I'm not sure if I'm remembering it correctly, but I believe it's the "L" key that hides and unhides the message box.

You are, thanks a lot :)

Husksubsky 04-13-15 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masd (Post 2305994)
I've just noticed that i don't get the DD to atack me, i've sliped right into to the middle of 4 DD and not a single one fired a shot at my uboat.

Happened to me to . Just tried to test. A shot woke up those drunk sailors though

Husksubsky 04-13-15 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrozin (Post 2306136)
10-4, thank you for the conformation. Installing it now :yeah:

Me too although I never had any major ctd problems. I was at start of coastal waters when I installed latest patch. Had one ctd but none after reload of the coast of wilhelmshaven .
Cpl more days and I have the autoscript update ready:woot:

beastment1 04-15-15 05:42 AM

No one? Do I have to go back to using map contacts? Any help appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beastment1 (Post 2305972)
Hi Folks,

I've searched long and hard, but can't find an answer to this one, so apologies if it's been covered.

I'm running SH5 with WoS on a 3440x1440 monitor. I don't seem to be able to get accurate distance measurements with the RAOBF. Should I be able to and I'm just doing it wrong, or would there be a 21:9 res patch needed somewhere?

Thanks so much for this mod by the way Vdr, what a pleasant way to jump back in to SH5!

alien41 04-15-15 06:41 AM

Hello everybody . Occurs in my game that some contacts heard by hidrophone are not detected by soundman . Sometimes it's the opposite. It is a known bug ?

vdr1981 04-15-15 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alien41 (Post 2306848)
Hello everybody . Occurs in my game that some contacts heard by hidrophone are not detected by soundman . Sometimes it's the opposite. It is a known bug ?

Known limitation...For the first scenario you should dive deeper...:yep:

alien41 04-15-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2306879)
Known limitation...For the first scenario you should dive deeper...:yep:

Thanks for the response VRD :up:

yes ... I have tested at various depths. The target is in my range, but sometimes , no sound.

I was just curious. I thought it was just me.

antoni112 04-15-15 01:17 PM

wolf of steal

hello, I have a problem after installing the wolf of steal the game began to get dark and lighten add that on a clean version of the game did not. successful hunt

PaulB 04-16-15 01:17 AM

I'm having some trouble getting to the next mission early on in the campaign after returning to base before the 'deadline'.
I have read this tutorial post and have tried to follow the instructions but to no avail.

The first time I had the problem what I did was start another patrol without orders and end it on the spot, game time advanced by a couple weeks and I was able to get my coastal waters mission.

Now it should be time for Baltic Ops mission but it's nowhere to be seen on the map, though sometimes the 'baltic ops' tag flashes on the top left, then disappears.

In the patrols themselves (except for those done whenever I returned early to dock), I have always done what requested and completed the in mission objectives.

Curiously, when I exit the game for good, the final message shows that all my mission objectives (Operation Weserübung, Breaking the Fortress etc) are incomplete...

What am I doing wrong?

THEBERBSTER 04-16-15 05:04 AM

Hi PB

The Baltic Operations mission is the first mission you see that starts on August 31st to September 5th 1939

If you are in Kiel earlier than the 4th September you will not be able to select the EBCW mission to get a grid reference.

You can always start the mission without selecting it and then use End Patrol from the bridge.

You should now be able to go to the Flotilla Leader be able to request
the EBCW mission from loading the new Autosave in Base made when you ended the patrol.

Operation Weserübung is the last mission in the Total Germany Campaign and does not appear until March 20th 1940 and is limited to 3 weeks to complete it.

Some special operations like Breaking The Fortress (BTF) show up just after Eastern British Coastal Waters (EBCW) starts.

BTF only gives you 1 month to complete it.

EBCW runs for about 3 months.

It is advisable to do BTF straight away and come back to EBCW.

This way you should have plenty of time to complete both.

My tutorial post #64 shows you all of the missions/bases/subs in OHII.

Completing missions is important as they are worth Campaign Points thath you need a minimum of 8 from these 6 missions to successfully complete this first Total Germany Campaign before moving to the Happy Times Campaign.

Peter