SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Saintaw 04-18-17 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2479457)
Hi Saintaw
Check this out 100% compatible.
Not sure what colors you will see?
My favorite is version 3.

A godsend, thank you!

Aktungbby 04-18-17 07:43 PM

welcome aboard!

Shibby!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 04-18-17 09:18 PM

Welcome aboard Shibby! Enjoy SUBSIM!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 04-18-17 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2479366)
Hi saintaw
press "e" key but better you read here :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=169

I didn't use Real Navigation yet.

When I press E key I have the list of maps and chart tables etc but not a MAP option for tick. I play navigating the assigned area with only 2 numbers (I navigate all the area example AN 55; because I don't have the option for the mini table with four numbers. Is it needed some option active in OFEV or Real Navigation active for access this?

Many thanks and regards.

Shibby 04-18-17 11:29 PM

Hi again,

Further to my last post yesterday. I have uninstalled SH5 and deleted all associated folders. I am now doing a full reinstall to the following directory:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/games/Silent Hunter 5/

So I know I'm supposed to install the mod to this directory however heres the difficulties I had last time.

When activating the TDW generic patcher, I copied and pasted the above directory into the appropriate genericpatcher.cfg lines. When pressing enter to create backup files nothing happened. There were no files to backup and no way to "restore snapshot".

What does this mean? As I say the mod appeared to work fine anyway. I am a bit worried about what is actually happening when I'm pressing enter to all the windows which appear to be warnings.

Lastly, I experienced a marked reduction in performance when using the mod. Momentary large drops in framerate. Is this normal? I have a modern PC greatly exceeding the recommended requirements for SH5.

Thanks

Shibby 04-19-17 03:57 AM

Sorry one other thing. After all this process of uninstalling and deleting folders. I reinstalled SH5 fresh and found that it returned to the vanilla version with one exception.

It retained the time compression rules of the mod, I couldn't get it to go above 512x.

Why is that, how can I completely uninstall all mod, mod enabler and patcher files so as to start with a completely clean install of SH5?

Thanks

Saintaw 04-19-17 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2479543)
I didn't use Real Navigation yet.

When I press E key I have the list of maps and chart tables etc but not a MAP option for tick. I play navigating the assigned area with only 2 numbers (I navigate all the area example AN 55; because I don't have the option for the mini table with four numbers. Is it needed some option active in OFEV or Real Navigation active for access this?

Many thanks and regards.

Had a 'Duh' moment this morning, I thought I didn't have this bit of map (Didn't show when I pressed E, it only went so far as the starmaps). That list is scrollable, the zone map is below the default scroll line. Is this your issue?

Saintaw 04-19-17 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shibby (Post 2479564)
Sorry one other thing. After all this process of uninstalling and deleting folders. I reinstalled SH5 fresh and found that it returned to the vanilla version with one exception.

It retained the time compression rules of the mod, I couldn't get it to go above 512x.

Why is that, how can I completely uninstall all mod, mod enabler and patcher files so as to start with a completely clean install of SH5?

Thanks

IIRC (It's been awhile), but the TC config isn't in the games folder itself, but in the My Documents/Games/SH5 folder. I don't think this gets removed when you uninstall.

vdr1981 04-19-17 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shibby (Post 2479550)

So I know I'm supposed to install the mod to this directory however heres the difficulties I had last time.

When activating the TDW generic patcher, I copied and pasted the above directory into the appropriate genericpatcher.cfg lines. When pressing enter to create backup files nothing happened. There were no files to backup and no way to "restore snapshot".

What does this mean? As I say the mod appeared to work fine anyway. I am a bit worried about what is actually happening when I'm pressing enter to all the windows which appear to be warnings.

Code:

https://youtu.be/l32mvmuhDME?t=10m21s

https://youtu.be/rD11F5ZDMuo?t=16m32s

fitzcarraldo 04-19-17 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintaw (Post 2479565)
Had a 'Duh' moment this morning, I thought I didn't have this bit of map (Didn't show when I pressed E, it only went so far as the starmaps). That list is scrollable, the zone map is below the default scroll line. Is this your issue?

I will check that this night. Now living in Real World...

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Jimbuna 04-19-17 10:05 AM

Welcome to SubSim Shibby :Kaleun_Salute:

wolfbaron 04-19-17 02:12 PM

Playable U-boat Types

sorry for the silly question but what are the full list of playable u-boats
so far in campaign i used VII-A VII-B VII-C

And why is it that hard to Model more playable ones ?
ex , modelling , integration ....etc ?

Thank you

PS : i will go on for a mediterranean career ...just for funzzies 0.o

vdr1981 04-19-17 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfbaron (Post 2479653)
sorry for the silly question but what are the full list of playable u-boats
so far in campaign i used VII-A VII-B VII-C

add type VIIC/41 and U-FlAK (added by TWoS)...

Quote:

And why is it that hard to Model more playable ones ?
ex , modelling , integration ....etc ?

Thank you
Search the forum a bit, at least this is common question...:yep:

wolfbaron 04-19-17 04:40 PM

Thanks @vdr1981

fitzcarraldo 04-19-17 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintaw (Post 2479565)

I check this. I donīt have the option "Maps". My list of optional maps and charts/tables using TWoS 2 is different. No scrolling bars in the lateral.

I did the test with and without the SH5 Enhanced GUI. Usually I use SH3 UI.

This is how looks the charts menu in my TWoS 2 (with and without Real Nav). Observe is different as seen in your screenie.

http://i.imgur.com/kw3UI0E.jpg

Any comment on this? Other user with the same problem?

Many thanks and best regards.