SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

ThaFr0ggy 04-24-16 04:31 AM

I heard this sound in many different places. Once I heard it on the west coast of great britain and couldn't see anything on the bearing it came from then in the baltic after the taskforce was sunk by allied bombers and I closely avoided a mine. This time it was on my way out of scapa flow. Maybe it came from a ship that I sunk in scapa flow?:hmmm:

KaleuJona 04-24-16 04:47 AM

i lost my chart box....is there anyway to get it back (there are no ..._draggables in sh5 folder)

Sjizzle 04-24-16 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleuJona (Post 2399490)
Okay...Thanks for that amount of support, really!
and how to enable this default MagUi Binoculars?

that binocular is made for my self use it's not mod .....and u need t edit the binocular pages from TWoS which i don't suggest if u don't know how to mod ....

KaleuJona 04-24-16 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2399547)
that binocular is made for my self use it's not mod .....and u need t edit the binocular pages from TWoS which i don't suggest if u don't know how to mod ....

okay, thanks

Sjizzle 04-24-16 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaFr0ggy (Post 2399496)
I've just come across the sound again. This time I recorded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XIpNf78SqA

Can someone tell me where this sound comes from?

can u tell me at what depth u was there ?

ThaFr0ggy 04-24-16 06:34 AM

I was at periscope depth like always doing a hydrophone check.

KaleuJona 04-24-16 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleuJona (Post 2399545)
i lost my chart box....is there anyway to get it back (there are no ..._draggables in sh5 folder)

is there a way to get back the "charts" box (for seeing the grid squares you're supposed to patrol)?

Trevally. 04-24-16 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaFr0ggy (Post 2399564)
I was at periscope depth like always doing a hydrophone check.

Did you check that all your crew made it down the hatch before diving:o
Sounds like someone banging to get in:D

Taki1980 04-24-16 08:31 AM

Now i got my Bearings, Real Navigation, 4 Bearings Method, U-Jagdtools and RAOBF running and know how to use it im actually playing the Campaign with the "Fall weiß" the Attack on Poland.

Some Questions on that Mod still rising that i cant find in Documentations, Tutorials or the FAQs or the Links that are posted here.

1. How far off the Coast are the Shiplanes drawn on that Shiplane Mod? How far is a Merchant or Convoy usually off the Coast? Do they drive in sight of the Coast for better navigation? Or further out? Is there a diffrence or do they drive all pretty close those lanes?

2. Is there a Map where i can see the Depth under Keel better? How you do this without using that Sonar Ping?

3. Last time i installed a Modpack (must be Sobers Megamod) i had a Mod working where i could identify Targets Type and Speed by counting the RPM of the Screws as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahK4YelByDw. Is this working with the WoS Mod? Or can i add it somehow because it is really immersive for me.

4. The Documentation of the WoS Mod is confusing me. After reading through lots of the Readme there are different Ranges mentioned for the GHG and KBD Hydrophones. Wich once are right? For ex. Some say 40km Range for the GHG some say 60km. What values are right?

5. Is there some Chart where i can get a feeling on when the Enemy "might" see me? I got absolutly now clue how close i can get on a Target at Night on surface. I know the Factors Own Machinesound, Weather, etv. but absolutly no rough Ideas. Can you give me Rules of Thumb for that? Are Merchant and Warships diffrent?

6. How long is a Warship/Merchant on alert and doing Zig/Zag or Searching Patrol until he gets back on his "Slow, traveling" Mode with not such much Lookouts on Deck?

Lots of QUestions i know. But cant find Info on this.

Ty in Advance

Greetz
Taki :arrgh!:

Muckenberg 04-24-16 08:56 AM

Vecko Hi, I'm fighting now in January 1941 and I would say that there is an error in the Mediterranean ports on the Axis. I'm not sure, but I would say that the islands of Kos, Rhodes etc. at that time were the Axis ports, but they were neutral.

vdr1981 04-24-16 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleuJona (Post 2399571)
is there a way to get back the "charts" box (for seeing the grid squares you're supposed to patrol)?

If you can't find any ***_Draggables.TDW file in your main Silent Hunter 5 folder then you did not enable the mod properly...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 2399573)
Did you check that all your crew made it down the hatch before diving:o
Sounds like someone banging to get in:D

LOL:haha:

Quote:

3. Last time i installed a Modpack (must be Sobers Megamod) i had a Mod working where i could identify Targets Type and Speed by counting the RPM of the Screws as seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahK4YelByDw. Is this working with the WoS Mod? Or can i add it somehow because it is really immersive for me.
No...Because I don't find prospect of ship speed determination just by listening it's propeller noise very realistic...This would be rather exploit of limited number of different ships types and variations in SH games...On top of that, the mod is not compatible with latest OHII and it can destabilize the game...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taki1980 (Post 2399584)

Some Questions on that Mod still rising that i cant find in Documentations, Tutorials or the FAQs or the Links that are posted here.

Lots of QUestions i know. But cant find Info on this.

Ty in Advance

Greetz

You will hardly find direct answers on your questions because what you ask depends of many, many different factors...You'll learn in time... oooor you will rage quit and go back to SH3/4 where things are much more certain and predictable, like many did...:)

Taki1980 04-24-16 09:22 AM

I never really played. Sh3 :) Will stick with Sh5.

Okay so the Hydro RPM Mod is unrealistic. Ill accept that. Wont play with it.

But maybe you can give me a rough estimate from your Playing Experience on those Questions. Just some Rough guessing would help me.

vdr1981 04-24-16 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taki1980 (Post 2399593)
I never really played. Sh3 :) Will stick with Sh5.

Okay so the Hydro RPM Mod is unrealistic. Ill accept that. Wont play with it.

But maybe you can give me a rough estimate from your Playing Experience on those Questions. Just some Rough guessing would help me.

You've saw this tip right?:hmm2:

Quote:

- If you enable "Show highlighted sensor region" TAI map options with OFEV, you will be able to observe how AI actually sees and hears you depending of your speed, depth, profile, weather, time of day ect...Very useful for "Submarine school" training...

Taki1980 04-24-16 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2399594)
You've saw this tip right?:hmm2:

Yes, but couldnt find the Setting in Game

THEBERBSTER 04-24-16 09:58 AM

Hi Taki
How you want to play the game is up to you whether being realistically or not.
You need to gain experience and understanding as you grow into the game before venturing into more difficult levels.
If you make the game too difficult without the experience you will give it up and look for something else.
You can use the charts if you find them useful but not the mod.
Post #96 R.P.M. Hydrophone How To Get The Contact's Speed
Peter