SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 02-23-16 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383867)

:rock:

vdr1981 02-23-16 06:25 PM

That's the spirit our Italian allies !

http://s6.postimg.org/dww8yl8mp/SH5_...3_23_26_07.jpg

Well, at least they tried...:hmm2:

kobiwaldi 02-24-16 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2383820)

Thanks for having an eye on this!

Damn, would be just great with this mod working. :Kaleun_Crying:

It works long time ago with version WoS 1.2 so maybe someone who has the skill and the pleasure for fixing/updating this mod.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215259

Would be also a nice addon for the next version from WoS.

Curently im doing a german language pack for wos. i hope ill get it ready this week :salute:

gap 02-24-16 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2383903)
That's the spirit our Italian allies !

http://s6.postimg.org/dww8yl8mp/SH5_...3_23_26_07.jpg

Well, at least they tried...:hmm2:

It didn't go exactly like that. This is the real story (from wikipedia):

HM Submarine X2 was an Italian Archimede-class submarine, originally named Galileo Galilei. She served in the Regia Marina before and during World War II, before her capture by the Royal Navy in 1940.

She was stationed in the Red Sea in June 1940 as a unit of the Italian Red Sea Flotilla. During a patrol, with Capitano di Corvetta Corrado Nardi in command, on 16 June 1940, she sank the Norwegian tanker James Stove approximately 12 miles south of Aden, following which aircraft from the cruiser HMS Leander carried out a search for her without success.

On 18 June, the Galilei halted with cannon fire the Yugoslavian cargo ship Drava, but as Yugoslavia was not yet at war, she let it proceed. The gunfire was heard by the anti-submarine warfare trawler HMS Moonstone and at 4:30pm Moonstone sighted the periscope of Galileo Galilei and carried out an attack with two depth charges, though without damaging the submarine at the position 12°48′N 45°12′E. The following day, after the British warship repeated its attack with depth charges, Nardi gave the order to surface and engaged the Moonstone with her guns. At the start of the action between the two vessels, the forward gun's sighting mechanism on the Galilei became unusable. The fast-moving Moonstone scored the first hit on the Italian boat after ten minutes, killing some men and wounding Nardi. The following hit killed the crew of the forward gun, including the First Officer. The submarine's aft gun jammed, and then another salvo from Moonstone killed all those on the conning tower including Nardi. Under the only officer left alive, though wounded, the young midshipman Mazzucchi, the Galilei continued the fight with the forward gun. However the British destroyer HMS Kandahar arrived, and Galilei surrendered. The submarine had lost 16 men; Nardi, four other officers, seven NCOs and four sailors. The submarine was then towed into Aden. Though the British side claimed that the submarine's codebooks and operational documents were captured intact by the Royal Navy, and revealed the exact position of other Italian naval units, Italian survivors (including Midshipman Mazzucchi) reported that every document was destroyed before surrender, and that no written operational orders were issued to Italian units, only an oral briefing between captains and the submarine command in Massawa before every mission. The claim was reported only to cover the British intelligence activities in Italian East Africa.

Though lacking the training of Royal Navy or Kriegsmarine, Italian sailors and naval officers were just as brave as the ones of other contemporary Navies. The biiggest problem of Reggia Marina was that their equipment often sucked. This is surely true for their obsolete and cumbersome submarine force. By the way, one of my grand uncles was a Reggia Marina submariner. His submarine was sunk, but he miraculously survived. :03:

The Mad Asshatter 02-24-16 10:52 AM

Is there anything that can be done about batteries not recharging in heavy seas? Basically, it seems that every time a wave comes over the boat, the game registers it as being "underwater" and turns off battery recharging. This also has the effect of knocking me out of 512x time compression, making getting anywhere in a storm tedious.

palmic 02-24-16 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter (Post 2384054)
Is there anything that can be done about batteries not recharging in heavy seas? Basically, it seems that every time a wave comes over the boat, the game registers it as being "underwater" and turns off battery recharging. This also has the effect of knocking me out of 512x time compression, making getting anywhere in a storm tedious.

I dont think its possible to solve this issue, but i have to say i had this problem much more in SH4 than now. Ill let TWOS authors to explain..

About that time compression (AKA TC) - you can fix this by unset "stop TC on every message" at right top of your display..

vdr1981 02-24-16 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter (Post 2384054)

Do you use recommended TC settings from the first page?

The Mad Asshatter 02-24-16 11:16 AM

Yes, if they are the same ones from the video install tutorial.

vdr1981 02-24-16 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Asshatter (Post 2384059)
Yes, if they are the same ones from the video install tutorial.

How about Palmic's advice then? I dont have such issues but I also don't use "x1 on every message" ...Tell us what you got...

palmic 02-24-16 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2384060)
How about Palmic's advice then? I dont have such issues but I also don't use "x1 on every message" ...Tell us what you got...

BTW. One of the biggest life hacks in sh5 is using shift + +/- . I didn't know that from the start..

excel4004 02-24-16 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2383997)
It didn't go exactly like that. This is the real story (from wikipedia):

HM Submarine X2 was an Italian Archimede-class submarine, originally named Galileo Galilei. She served in the Regia Marina before and during World War II, before her capture by the Royal Navy in 1940.

She was stationed in the Red Sea in June 1940 as a unit of the Italian Red Sea Flotilla. During a patrol, with Capitano di Corvetta Corrado Nardi in command, on 16 June 1940, she sank the Norwegian tanker James Stove approximately 12 miles south of Aden, following which aircraft from the cruiser HMS Leander carried out a search for her without success.

On 18 June, the Galilei halted with cannon fire the Yugoslavian cargo ship Drava, but as Yugoslavia was not yet at war, she let it proceed. The gunfire was heard by the anti-submarine warfare trawler HMS Moonstone and at 4:30pm Moonstone sighted the periscope of Galileo Galilei and carried out an attack with two depth charges, though without damaging the submarine at the position 12°48′N 45°12′E. The following day, after the British warship repeated its attack with depth charges, Nardi gave the order to surface and engaged the Moonstone with her guns. At the start of the action between the two vessels, the forward gun's sighting mechanism on the Galilei became unusable. The fast-moving Moonstone scored the first hit on the Italian boat after ten minutes, killing some men and wounding Nardi. The following hit killed the crew of the forward gun, including the First Officer. The submarine's aft gun jammed, and then another salvo from Moonstone killed all those on the conning tower including Nardi. Under the only officer left alive, though wounded, the young midshipman Mazzucchi, the Galilei continued the fight with the forward gun. However the British destroyer HMS Kandahar arrived, and Galilei surrendered. The submarine had lost 16 men; Nardi, four other officers, seven NCOs and four sailors. The submarine was then towed into Aden. Though the British side claimed that the submarine's codebooks and operational documents were captured intact by the Royal Navy, and revealed the exact position of other Italian naval units, Italian survivors (including Midshipman Mazzucchi) reported that every document was destroyed before surrender, and that no written operational orders were issued to Italian units, only an oral briefing between captains and the submarine command in Massawa before every mission. The claim was reported only to cover the British intelligence activities in Italian East Africa.

Though lacking the training of Royal Navy or Kriegsmarine, Italian sailors and naval officers were just as brave as the ones of other contemporary Navies. The biiggest problem of Reggia Marina was that their equipment often sucked. This is surely true for their obsolete and cumbersome submarine force. By the way, one of my grand uncles was a Reggia Marina submariner. His submarine was sunk, but he miraculously survived. :03:

Thanks for the infos. Very interesting story! :o

excel4004 02-24-16 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2383966)
Curently im doing a german language pack for wos. i hope ill get it ready this week :salute:

Wooot!!? :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

gap 02-24-16 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2384137)
Thanks for the infos. Very interesting story! :o

Thank you too for taking the time of reading it. History is another of my hobbies :)

vdr1981 02-24-16 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobiwaldi (Post 2383966)

Excellent! :up:
But please, be unambiguous and precise in readme documentation. You must stated correctly for which TWoS (+ Update No. xx) version your language pack is intended to...Otherwise, there may be a lot unexpected problems...:yep:

palmic 02-24-16 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2384147)
Thank you too for taking the time of reading it. History is another of my hobbies :)

History of ww2 is maybe most awesome part of our history in my oppinion. When i studied atlantic war i found at first "we" was not so behind in tech i was expecting at first and it was not so about good VS evil, because many german sailors was brave and didnt want to harm others, as i was expecting years before.

If this is red by anyone who cannot understand, just read about details of ww2.
One of the most interesting things about that is how that !people! could understand to being part of dominating world by evil ways.

If anyone could sent me to some documentary about german people mentality about ww2 it would be most appreciated, because i realy still dont understand how some people could accept they are part of financing concentrating camps and other parts of nazi germany.