SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Would a SH Skipper enjoy Cold Waters? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254200)

Schizo 12-14-22 03:05 AM

Would a SH Skipper enjoy Cold Waters?

now i've been playing Silent Hunter 4/5 and Uboat as i like how immersive those titles allow you to be. i've seen a couple videos on Cold Waters and War on the Sea. War on the Sea is out for me. too vast a scale and not enough attention to submarines. Cold Waters looks alright.

Cold Waters is $40 which isn't bad but i don't want to be disappointed after a few hours as it seems like playing "snake" with the ui is a big part of the game. yes, SH and Uboat also have map gameplay but i mainly use that for plotting and time compression so it doesn't take too much of my time. plus i can exit the map and cruise around my ship and fiddle with all the instruments like sonar and the like.

i currently have Sea Power on my wishlist but who knows when that is getting released. i may wait for Sea Power over Cold Waters but i'd like some opinions on Cold Waters regarding my comments up above, mainly will a SH player enjoy CW.

burnemup 12-14-22 10:10 AM

yes , Cold Waters is fun to play. Get the dot mod as well

TORDO222 12-15-22 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schizo (Post 2842422)
now i've been playing Silent Hunter 4/5 and Uboat as i like how immersive those titles allow you to be. i've seen a couple videos on Cold Waters and War on the Sea. War on the Sea is out for me. too vast a scale and not enough attention to submarines. Cold Waters looks alright.

Cold Waters is $40 which isn't bad but i don't want to be disappointed after a few hours as it seems like playing "snake" with the ui is a big part of the game. yes, SH and Uboat also have map gameplay but i mainly use that for plotting and time compression so it doesn't take too much of my time. plus i can exit the map and cruise around my ship and fiddle with all the instruments like sonar and the like.

i currently have Sea Power on my wishlist but who knows when that is getting released. i may wait for Sea Power over Cold Waters but i'd like some opinions on Cold Waters regarding my comments up above, mainly will a SH player enjoy CW.

CW AND Dot Mod. Enjoy!!!.Greetings!Marcelo:up:

Schizo 12-22-22 12:18 AM

thanks guys. i'll pick it up on the next sale =)

TORDO222 12-22-22 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schizo (Post 2843524)
thanks guys. i'll pick it up on the next sale =)

:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 12-23-22 08:12 AM

Cold Waters with Dot Mod is a fun game. Not so detailed in systems as the old Dangerous Waters, but a great game. Very immersive if you play in campaign mode.

Merry Christmas!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

TORDO222 12-24-22 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2843673)
Cold Waters with Dot Mod is a fun game. Not so detailed in systems as the old Dangerous Waters, but a great game. Very immersive if you play in campaign mode.

Merry Christmas!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Es correcta tu apreciacion!. Feliz Navidad paisano!.
Thats Right!. Merry Christmas!. Marcelo:salute: