SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Dark Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=243322)

KaleunMarco 11-15-20 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boche (Post 2707165)
Hello there fellow Kaleuns, ive got a question. im in a VIIC date May 1943 and ive got a FuMo 30 radar onboard but it doesnt seem to work. Anyone know whats up with the radar?

Thank you!

what do you mean it doesn't seem to work?
does your radarman report contacts?
or
you cannot read the CRT for yourself?
or
something else?

Fifi 11-15-20 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Reyes (Post 2707159)

Thanks for the video! :up:
...even if you were a bit lost in the commands :D

Boche 11-15-20 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2707187)
what do you mean it doesn't seem to work?
does your radarman report contacts?
or
you cannot read the CRT for yourself?
or
something else?

No contacts are reported. I havnt tried reading it myself but theoretically should have to. Even in port nothing comes up. Ive researched and aparently SH4 has some sort of radar bug where it only reports contacts if you are facing north? havnt tried it yet but....still....

VoidsX 11-19-20 03:57 AM

hi, Id like to report a strange problem.

On my 6th Patrol in a Type IIB u-boat I was given the objective to photograph Fremantle, Australia, from Kiel.... I don't think my fuel will get me even 1/4 of the way, and the strangest thing is the order was completely in French. :doh:

propbeanie 11-19-20 04:03 AM

The orders in French is not new, and Fifi did a "fix" for a portion of the missions - but the other issues, makes me wonder if you fellows had deleted the Save folder prior to playing DW. Can you both also post your mod list from JSGME "Tasks..." menu? Where were you sailing from with the IIB VoidsX, and what was the date?

succerpunch 11-22-20 04:48 AM

Is it possible to make it so you can get new uboats as you progress through the war. Like you start with a Type II then upgrade to a Type VII etc...

Fifi 11-22-20 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by succerpunch (Post 2708583)
Is it possible to make it so you can get new uboats as you progress through the war. Like you start with a Type II then upgrade to a Type VII etc...

No, SH4 (OM based) doesn’t allow that. Or At least it’s bugged.
Works for American side not German side.

But again, German side, commanders didn’t changed U-Boat type that often, not to say never for vast majority.

Mad Mardigan 11-22-20 07:58 AM

Re: Question...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2708594)
No, SH4 (OM based) doesn’t allow that. Or At least it’s bugged.
Works for American side not German side.

But again, German side, commanders didn’t changed U-Boat type that often, not to say never for vast majority.

What of using the U.S. progression, supplanting the subs from the U.S. side, with u boats instead... and extending the requirements to an increase in what is there to set up for a transfer to another boat... say length of service, rather than tonnage sank..?

Just spit balling here... I seem to recall seeing that some Kaleuns, did go from 1 u boat to another.

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Fifi 11-22-20 11:35 AM

We tried the American way of upgrade but didn’t work with OM.

KaleunMarco 11-22-20 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2708614)
What of using the U.S. progression, supplanting the subs from the U.S. side, with u boats instead

surprizing as it may seem, there seem to be multiple code sets in SH4, one for the Germans (evolution of SH3) and one the US.

if you play both sides you will notice some fundamental differences.
some things work differently.
Fifi's DW team tried very hard to set-right some of the things that were different between the German side and US side but we could not figure out some things. so, we reached a point where we were satisfied and started playing again (vs modding, fixing, etc).

when i decide to play DW (as i am at the moment), i decide which of the eight theatres i want to play in and/or which boat (8 or 10 boats) i want to drive and go do that.
that's different from the US side but hey, you're looking for diversion, right?:03:

Mad Mardigan 11-22-20 11:50 PM

Re: Question... part deux...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2708649)
We tried the American way of upgrade but didn’t work with OM.

Dang... :/\\!! :hmmm: *sighs*

Ahh well ell... A shame that the dev team, didn't use a set up that was the same for each side but with set parameters as I was thinking of... U.S progression based on tonnage & on the KM side, with length of service instead of tonnage.. or maybe reversed instead... U.S. side, length of service... KM side, tonnage sank/sunk...

Thanks Fifi... was worth a shot... never hurts to ask. :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2708661)
surprizing as it may seem, there seem to be multiple code sets in SH4, one for the Germans (evolution of SH3) and one the US.

if you play both sides you will notice some fundamental differences.
some things work differently.
Fifi's DW team tried very hard to set-right some of the things that were different between the German side and US side but we could not figure out some things. so, we reached a point where we were satisfied and started playing again (vs modding, fixing, etc).

when i decide to play DW (as i am at the moment), i decide which of the eight theatres i want to play in and/or which boat (8 or 10 boats) i want to drive and go do that.
that's different from the US side but hey, you're looking for diversion, right?:03:

With regards to figuring things out, can understand that.. after a fashion. I used to do some minor coding way... way back in the days of simpler coding, that even back then... if you mis typed any segment of the code.. any # of things could either go wrong or end up with wild, crazy end results... some unexpectedly good or horribly wrong... ending up with having to go back & find where the mess up occurred... usually with hair tearing results... :D

I know that isn't the same, but in a way, it is... a goof up with any of it, invariably ends up with trying to figure out the error & having to repair the damage... the more things change, the more some aspects stay the same.

All in all, I enjoy rolling about as a Uboat skipper, a U.S skipper, a RN one... & added to that list now, a soviet one. Still awaiting the opportunity to do so as a IJN one... when ( & if...) that ever gets to a stage of being released...

Don't misunderstand.. I have a lot of respect for modders... & don't mind being a guinea pig, if it is in the pursuit of helping to further the betterment of SH, be it SH3, SH4 or even SH5... :shucks: :yep:

M. M.

alexsalato 11-27-20 03:33 PM

Hey there, first at all thanks so much for putting together this megamod, it makes modding SH4 easier than ever.

I do have a few questions, since I use a 21:9 ultrawide monitor running at 2560:1080 the periscope view results in scale with no distortions, but zoomed in. I wanted to know what files I should edit to either scale it back.

I also wanted to know what I should change to have the original stock map markers and indicators, or at least the ones in the original OM without OMEGU.

I also wanted to signal you this mod (U-boat Dynamics for SH4 OM ) that fixes the reduced submerged range of the Type XXI and Type XXIII, however it changes other things as well. Might be a nice optional mod in my opinion.

Aktungbby 11-27-20 07:52 PM

Welcome aboard!

alexsalato!:Kaleun_Salute: on the surface after an 11 year silent run!:yeah:

bluenarwhal 12-06-20 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the map zoom levels at which the bearing overlay around the sub is visible (see attached image)? It's a very useful tool and I'd like to have it shown pretty much at every zoom level.

KaleunMarco 12-06-20 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenarwhal (Post 2711704)
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the map zoom levels at which the bearing overlay around the sub is visible (see attached image)? It's a very useful tool and I'd like to have it shown pretty much at every zoom level.

the only one i am aware of is the 3000-yard tool. look for one that is compatible with OpMonsun and it should work with DW.