SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

excel4004 04-21-19 05:06 PM

Thats again a great update Vecko! :yeah:

Thanks for bringing Operation Weserübung to a next level! :salute:

Quote:

Fixed problem where British task forces will just disappear after their final way point is reached during the Operation Weserübung. Instead, they will patrol the designated area for several days and return to Scapa Flow.
..uhh nice, i had that situation that suddenly all ships disappeared in my campaign just 5 minutes before firering my duds, you remember? :o:haha:

HowieWowie 04-21-19 05:35 PM

Enabling Mods

I'm just starting with TWOS so sorry for the basic question.

Some Mods are listed as "Enable the addon in port". I want to be clear on what this means. Do I launch SH5 and enable the mod JSGME while in port? Is it only possible to disable the mod while in port?

Thank you

Tonci87 04-21-19 06:08 PM

If a mod is only to be enabled in port, that means that you have to enable or disable it while you are docked in the bunker, not while you are at sea.

HowieWowie 04-21-19 07:03 PM

Thank you Tonci.

I've just started the campaign. I'm on the way to the Polish patrol area. I've saved the game. The main menu has the option "Continue Campaign" and also "Load Game". To continue the campaign should I load my save or select continue Campaign? Please and thank you!

bstanko6 04-21-19 09:24 PM

Hey Howiewowie...

this is a debate amongst us, but i have tested this a lot, and I made a change by "continuing career" not "loading".

Loading allows you to choose which save to start from with the loss of your supermarks and navigational marks placed on the map.

Continuing allows you to have all of the marks, but you HAVE TO REMOVE THE AUTO SAVE BEFORE YOU QUIT THE GAME!

So when you are playing your game and are about to save and quit...

Go to the save option, and delete the autosave that is already there, save your current game to a new save name. Otherwise, you will start from the auto save and that is never good. I have experienced buggy gameplay doing this.

Hope this helps.

hauangua 04-22-19 01:54 AM

Hi Vecko i have a question
Trying to modify AI accuracy of enemy i have modified gun speed elevation, then tested with mission "Gryf Test mission", even with a value of 0.3 and 0.1 ( below the minimum recommended values but just for this test obviously ) So I changed the values ​​of the 2 types of Gryf cannon gun (4.7inch Ansaldo_turret and 5inch_SK_C34_turret_GER, instead I didn't change the value of the AA gun) But there is no such difference ... it seems behave in the same way,maybe something is wrong?
I don't want a "blind" enemy AI, I don't modify "Visual / hidro / sonar range" I just wish I would like their shots to be a little more random, some more aiming errors, at least for early war, after I know that the allies developed better technologies and increased their precision.

Thanks again Vecko
:salute:

XenonSurf 04-22-19 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2604815)
Hey Howiewowie...

this is a debate amongst us, but i have tested this a lot, and I made a change by "continuing career" not "loading".

Loading allows you to choose which save to start from with the loss of your supermarks and navigational marks placed on the map.

Continuing allows you to have all of the marks, but you HAVE TO REMOVE THE AUTO SAVE BEFORE YOU QUIT THE GAME!

So when you are playing your game and are about to save and quit...

Go to the save option, and delete the autosave that is already there, save your current game to a new save name. Otherwise, you will start from the auto save and that is never good. I have experienced buggy gameplay doing this.

Hope this helps.

By doing both, or activating a saved journal in the menu, or by loading it each time when I load a save, in both cases my destroyed shipmarks get lost, or misplaced in a part of the map where I never have been before... But maybe this cannot be avoided? I don't know. It's just a minor detail, it's not so important for me anyway.

vdr1981 04-22-19 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2604846)
I don't want a "blind" enemy AI, I don't modify "Visual / hidro / sonar range" I just wish I would like their shots to be a little more random, some more aiming errors, at least for early war, after I know that the allies developed better technologies and increased their precision.

Thanks again Vecko
:salute:

I understand you. I talked about the same issue long time ago but I don't think there's solution for it...SH AI is accurate and this is not only the case with SH5. It's probably hard codded.

XenonSurf 04-22-19 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604918)
I understand you. I talked about the same issue long time ago but I don't think there's solution for it...SH AI is accurate and this is not only the case with SH5. It's probably hard codded.

Hi Veco, congrats for your new 2.2.12, it's awesome that you make campaign improvements!

Precision of AI is not hardcoded I think, it should be in the sim.cfg file. That's what Hitman has used in GWX in SH3 - and also SH4 :

------
[Visual]
Detection time=2 ;[s] ;was 0.5
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1)
Fog factor=1.25 ;[>=0]
Light factor=2.8 ;[>=0] ;was 2.0
Waves factor=1.0 ;[>=0]
Enemy surface factor=350 ;[m2]
Enemy speed factor=15 ;[kt]
[Radar]
Detection time=1 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1)
Waves factor=0.9 ;[>=0]
Enemy surface factor=5.0 ;[m2]
[Hydrophone]
Detection time=10 ;[s] ;was 1
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1) ;was 0.04
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=0.55 ;[>=0] ;was 0.75
Speed factor=15 ;[kt] ;was 20
Noise factor=0.2 ;[>=0] ;was 0.5
[Sonar]
Detection time=15 ;[s] ;was 10
Sensitivity=0.005 ;(0..1) ;was 0.01
Waves factor=0.6 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=15 ;[kt]
Enemy surface factor=100 ;[m2]
Lose time=30 ;[s]
-----------

Greetings,

vdr1981 04-22-19 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2604926)
Hi Veco, congrats for your new 2.2.12, it's awesome that you make campaign improvements!

Precision of AI is not hardcoded I think, it should be in the sim.cfg file. That's what Hitman has used in GWX in SH3 - and also SH4 :

------
[Visual]
Detection time=2 ;[s] ;was 0.5
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1)
Fog factor=1.25 ;[>=0]
Light factor=2.8 ;[>=0] ;was 2.0
Waves factor=1.0 ;[>=0]
Enemy surface factor=350 ;[m2]
Enemy speed factor=15 ;[kt]
[Radar]
Detection time=1 ;[s]
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1)
Waves factor=0.9 ;[>=0]
Enemy surface factor=5.0 ;[m2]
[Hydrophone]
Detection time=10 ;[s] ;was 1
Sensitivity=0.01 ;(0..1) ;was 0.04
Height factor=0 ;[m]
Waves factor=0.55 ;[>=0] ;was 0.75
Speed factor=15 ;[kt] ;was 20
Noise factor=0.2 ;[>=0] ;was 0.5
[Sonar]
Detection time=15 ;[s] ;was 10
Sensitivity=0.005 ;(0..1) ;was 0.01
Waves factor=0.6 ;[>=0]
Speed factor=15 ;[kt]
Enemy surface factor=100 ;[m2]
Lose time=30 ;[s]
-----------

Greetings,

Hardly...Those are just sensor parameters. Nothing to do with actual guns accuracy...:hmmm:

XenonSurf 04-22-19 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2604930)
Hardly...Those are just sensor parameters. Nothing to do with actual guns accuracy...:hmmm:

Yes you are right for sure if you say so...it's because I came to see that yesterday by reading some posts about SH1... So I thought I would respond with that. Never mind, I wish you well in the ongoing of TWoS, I will make a donation shortly, it's about time...

SS Norholm 04-22-19 06:06 PM

Thanks for your continued work on this Vecko.....just recently started playing it again.

Can you or anyone else recommend a good interior mod that is compatible, preferably with a darker gritty look?

HowieWowie 04-22-19 07:12 PM

Identification Manual?

Just started playing TWoS. When I'm in the attack periscope there is no Identification Manual available? I've watched some videos and they were able to pull it from the left of the screen but its missing for me. I'm running the latest mod pack release. Thanks!

XenonSurf 04-22-19 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowieWowie (Post 2605053)
Just started playing TWoS. When I'm in the attack periscope there is no Identification Manual available? I've watched some videos and they were able to pull it from the left of the screen but its missing for me. I'm running the latest mod pack release. Thanks!

Hit E...and drag it from left :)

Sauroketh 04-23-19 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2604684)
As told by Veko, the gun fire line is disabled in the options, now to stop rotation of the deckgun:

Before you man or use the gun, you must order Battlestations 2, then order WO to man the gun, plus set fire options if you play auto-gun, or go to the gun yourself.
At the end, you must again order Battlestations 2 to revert the 1st order and then give order to WO to secure deck gun. Thats' it, after this exact sequence the gun will be put in the right initial position again. It's all about the Battlestation 2 command.

Hope this helps,
:Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks, sir, but that be much more tricky...
(it ws not about STOPPING the rotation of the gun, but about ROTATING it somewhat EASILY, its rotation much TOO SLOW.)

I ended up meddling with submarine *.GR2 + *.ZON + *.DAT +*.SIM files, for the rotation of the damn cannon was bound to some "turret" setting deep inside these files, with its angular rotaion speed and such.
Success in the end, but nothing to do with common user operaitons.

P.S. Thanks for your compassion, anyway, sir.