SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Kumando 03-24-19 07:46 AM

Im getting a game freeze immediately after clicking the Captains Cap to check my sinking record after i just sunk a boat, the other additional mods that im using are Bstankos 6 Radio Channels, low contrast message, periscope sound fix and JCwolf Restore Captain mod. Any ideas?

THEBERBSTER 03-24-19 07:51 AM

Hi K
it is better that we can see your mods rather than you explain them :)
JSGME How To Export Your Mod List To A Subsim Post > Pictorial
Peter

Kumando 03-24-19 07:55 AM

Thanks, here it is:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Jogos\Silent Hunter 5\TWoS_Parts]

TWoS Real Navigation
sobers 7A_B deck crew moved for Shaefer SH5
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
TWoS Aspect Ratio Fix 8x5
TWoS Neutrals Illuminated Only_Until [Date]
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports
TWOS restore captain's icon 6 by JCWolf
Bstanko6's Low Contrast Message Box
Bstanko6's Periscope sound fix
Bstanko6's Radio Channels Final
TWoS Remove Sub Flags

vdr1981 03-24-19 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2598983)
Im getting a game freeze immediately after clicking the Captains Cap to check my sinking record after i just sunk a boat, the other additional mods that im using are Bstankos 6 Radio Channels, low contrast message, periscope sound fix and JCwolf Restore Captain mod. Any ideas?

Friendly kill probably...

Kumando 03-24-19 10:32 AM

It was a polish Passenger ship in 1939. Eastern British Coast campaign.

vdr1981 03-24-19 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumando (Post 2599024)
It was a polish Passenger ship in 1939. Eastern British Coast campaign.

Check nations port colors on your nav map before you engage. You were probably unlucky enough to catch one of last Polish ships who are trying to defect to GB. When Poland was conquered by Germany, as far as game is considered, all active Polish ships will become part of axis coalition instantly. That's how all SH games work...

Kumando 03-24-19 10:49 AM

Thanks for the help guys.

fire-fox 03-24-19 11:20 AM

win10
SH5 v1.20
Twos 2.10

seems that I get crew injured and damaged hull and other modal damage when I dive near the see floor in the north sea.

also seems to be that seabed varies a lot in death regards hit box or what the death under keel says

eg at 25 meters. depth under keel 75m so max is 100m but get the close to seabed warning at say 75 and lose 4 crew and half my modules at same time with still reporting 25m under keel.

vdr1981 03-24-19 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2599039)
win10
SH5 v1.20
Twos 2.10

seems that I get crew injured and damaged hull and other modal damage when I dive near the see floor in the north sea.

also seems to be that seabed varies a lot in death regards hit box or what the death under keel says

eg at 25 meters. depth under keel 75m so max is 100m but get the close to seabed warning at say 75 and lose 4 crew and half my modules at same time with still reporting 25m under keel.

Your boat suffers damage at 100m depth? Or when hitting seabed? I'm not following you?

THEBERBSTER 03-24-19 12:34 PM

Hi K
Your problem will be in one or more of the add on mods that are not recognized by TWoS as being totally compatible or possibly by your systems specs not coping with the mods added.
Loading Screens Mod 2.0
Bstanko6's Low Contrast Message Box
Bstanko6's Periscope sound fix
Bstanko6's Radio Channels Final
Unfortunately with TWoS you cannot see what mods overwrite which files.
First thing to test is just with this mod Loading Screens Mod 2.0 with the others disabled.
If all is well add 1 of the other mods and carry on testing until you find the culprit.
Peter

fire-fox 03-24-19 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2599044)
Your boat suffers damage at 100m depth? Or when hitting seabed? I'm not following you?

no its when im near the seabed but on other versions ive not seeing this, its like im hitting the damage mesh for the seabed but it should be that close yet - some times like it spikes up.

like hitting an invisible wall in an fps.

this was after updating from 2.2.9 - too 2.2.10

bstanko6 03-24-19 01:51 PM

In reference to Kumando's issue...

My mods should not interfere with the HUD.

2 of them are sounds. And only replace sound files.

The low contrast was a GIMP change to a .dds file That lowered contrast to the message box. I can't see how that would affect the captain log?

I use my own mods and no problems so far.

Kumando 03-24-19 02:10 PM

It must be because i killed a friendly like Vecko said.

vdr1981 03-24-19 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2599062)
no its when im near the seabed but on other versions ive not seeing this, its like im hitting the damage mesh for the seabed but it should be that close yet - some times like it spikes up.

like hitting an invisible wall in an fps.

this was after updating from 2.2.9 - too 2.2.10

That's possible , yes, but it has nothing to do with TWoS. SH seabed was never fully explored. It is too dark...:D

SilverDn 03-26-19 04:21 PM

Hi there, looking to download The Wolves of Steel mod. I can only find a mediafire link, which seems to jump between 60kb/s, 200kb/s and averages around 100kb/s. This is the only official download location? Seems outdated.

Let me know if I missed anything!
Thanks.