SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 12-04-18 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2580201)
No problem: I have all the items saved as layers in a psd file; restoring that box is just a click. If you send me the font you used for the notice, I will add it too :up:

No need for that, I'll do it my self. :yep: Now, now about to squeeze in some Subsim.com logo somewhere? What do you think about that? :hmm2:

fitzcarraldo 12-04-18 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2580204)
No need for that, I'll do it my self. :yep: Now, now about to squeeze in some Subsim.com logo somewhere? What do you think about that? :hmm2:

Nice. You can use the logo of the radio room, with the german hat. See here, up!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004 12-04-18 02:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, left corner i would say.

"Best of subsim 2017" maybe left next to "best of subsim 2014"..?

fitzcarraldo 12-04-18 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2580187)
Okay, since you are undecided here are two more versions to chose from:

As recommended by vdr1981, I reduced the font spacing making space for a slight increase of TWoS text size, according to fitzcarraldo (dis)liking I removed the shadowed box where the 5 min notice is supposed to be, and I have added a hint of rust to the metal version, as per LesBaker's suggestion.

Waiting for your new feedback now :salute:

Rusty metal for me....

Very nice.

excel4004 12-04-18 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2580211)
Rusty metal for me....

Very nice.

Beautiful.

Rusty for me too...

:subsim:

Jeff-Groves 12-04-18 04:03 PM

That rusty metal looks Cool!
Maybe rivets in the lettering? Would press the point it's metal.

fitzcarraldo 12-04-18 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2580222)

Hummmm....Too much.

gap 12-04-18 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2580211)
Rusty metal for me....

Very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2580219)
Beautiful.

Rusty for me too...

:subsim:

Quote:

+3 for rusty metal :up:

Quote:

Now, now about to squeeze in some Subsim.com logo somewhere? What do you think about that? :hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2580206)
Nice. You can use the logo of the radio room, with the german hat. See here, up!

Yep, nice logo; I have cleaned it up already (removed the "radioroom" lettering), but I doubt that it is the official subsim logo. I think the one with the submarine silouette is the most distinctive one. Vecko, what do you think? Do you have a clean copy of it, or can you ask Neal a copy of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2580207)
Yes, left corner i would say.

"Best of subsim 2017" maybe left next to "best of subsim 2014"..?

Maybe, but: subsim logo, 5 minutes notice, best of subsim 2017 patch, best of subsim 2014 patch... all that stuff in a row on the screen bottom. Isn't that too a crammed layout? I would rather keep the two patches in their current positions, one on top of the other, and place the subsim logo near the bottom left corner, or group logo and patches arranging them on the right of the screen... :hmmm:

Quote:

Rivets you say... Let me think how I can add some without overdoing with them :hmm2:

vdr1981 12-04-18 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2580234)

Maybe, but: subsim logo, 5 minutes notice, best of subsim 2017 patch, best of subsim 2014 patch... all that stuff in a row on the screen bottom. Isn't that too a crammed layout? I would rather keep the two patches in their current positions, one on top of the other, and place the subsim logo near the bottom left corner, or group logo and patches arranging them on the right of the screen... :hmmm:

I think you're right...:hmmm: 2x "Best of Subsim" badges should be big enough Subsim reference. :yep:

gap 12-04-18 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2580236)
I think you're right...:hmmm: 2x "Best of Subsim" badges should be big enough Subsim reference. :yep:

Good point :up:

If you have a clean copy of the subsim logo that you used in your first version of the loading screen, send it my way so that I can experiment a bit with it, if not nevermind and let's keep that screen as clean as possible. The picture itself is so beautiful that it would be a pity covering it with too many overlays...

Tobias1976 12-05-18 01:40 AM

Good morning mates,

sorry for question again, but actually I do the "Operation Weserübung" mission. I searched the marked mission area for the britisch taskforce, 07.04. - 10.04., but don't find any warship. Sometimes merchantships, but no taskforce. Is the "battle of narvik" within the patrol zone, or did I wrong?

Where did you find the english fleet? Thanks mates ;)

Fifi 12-05-18 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobias1976 (Post 2580256)
Good morning mates,

sorry for question again, but actually I do the "Operation Weserübung" mission. I searched the marked mission area for the britisch taskforce, 07.04. - 10.04., but don't find any warship. Sometimes merchantships, but no taskforce. Is the "battle of narvik" within the patrol zone, or did I wrong?

Where did you find the english fleet? Thanks mates ;)

Hi Tobias,

Patrolling the Narvik bay, you should encounter something!
British task force are entering bay beginning of April, i sunk the Q.Elisabeth battle ship the 9th (going outside the Bay) and the Glorious Fleet Carrier the 10th along Norvegian coast North of Bergen, on my way home (this task force was heading north toward Narvik probably)

Have to say i didn’t even choose the operation Wesserubung in bunker...was heading for my mission west England, when i received a red radio message telling me to sink any ship trying to enter Narvik bay. So decided to have a look :yep:

gap 12-05-18 06:54 AM

For your reference, here's a new proposal for the TWoS loading screen with slightly darkened metal letterring (in the previous version it was a bit too silvery for a rusty piece of steel), rivets on the letterring as suggested by Jeff, shadowed box on the bottom as per Vecko's request and a provisional subsim logo in the bottom left corner (the one suggested by Fernando, while I am waiting for the "official" one with the sub silouette):

https://i.imgur.com/KFVRsaI.png

Let me know what you think about every single change guys :)

fitzcarraldo 12-05-18 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2580281)
For your reference, here's a new proposal for the TWoS loading screen with slightly darkened metal letterring (in the previous version it was a bit too silvery for a rusty piece of steel), rivets on the letterring as suggested by Jeff, shadowed box on the bottom as per Vecko's request and a provisional subsim logo in the bottom left corner (the one suggested by Fernando, while I am waiting for the "official" one with the sub silouette):

Let me know what you think about every single change guys :)

It's beautiful for me!

The official logo is in the main page www.subsim.con. I think you can download it as image. Don't know autorización is required. Contact Neal Stevens for that.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 12-05-18 07:22 AM

@Gap: here there are some SUBSIM logos I collected:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dq10se...ubsim.rar/file

I think you can use them. I collected these logos from Google images.

For my, the german hat is nice, but if you prefer the official or another, in the RAR file there are some nice examples.

We shold contact Neal Stevens for authorization (????)

Best regards.

Fitzcarrado :Kaleun_Salute: