SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Fifi 09-30-18 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570732)
- Yes , but it's too deep IIRC.
- Not really sure. You have to check irai thread for this one

Too deep so we can’t even reach it?

I remember of a TDW additional mod for simulating the deaf effect after a depth charge... have to check if i still have it.
It was even minutes adjustable...
But AFAIK it wasn’t included in IRAI, that’s why he made it.

If you didn’t included it in TWOS, maybe i can activate it last without breaking TWOS? :hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 09-30-18 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570732)
- Yes , but it's too deep IIRC.
- Not really sure. You have to check irai thread for this one

I have thermal layers after 100 mts. depth in TWoS.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Shaefer 10-01-18 04:52 AM

Hey guys!:Kaleun_Salute:

(Ther is probably a post about this somewhere but I could not find it.)

I launched SH5 today, and since last I launched it I have a new monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. I have some issues with a white box in the lower left corner, and the TAI map icon appears in top left. :D I did check the little TAI map activator, but it pops right back up top left.
And if I launch in 1920x1080 the game wont maximize to the screen. :o
Do I have to do a reinstall to fix this issue? Please tell me there is a easy fix. :up:

Thanks for the help as allways.

THEBERBSTER 10-01-18 06:19 AM

Hi Shaefer
Welcome back, good to have you around again. :Kaleun_Applaud:
TWoS now comes with a new aspect ratio of 21x9 in the latest 2.2.7 version.

Check that your gpu is setup correctly here.
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings > Essential Settings > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

This might be worth taking a look at!
Post #412 Override High DPI Scaling Behavior > Pictorial > Missing pictures replaced

Another answer may be here from C:\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main cfg
[VIDEO]
AntialiasingLevel=0 ; 0=none, 1=non-maskable, 2=2x, 4=4x, ...
;Resolution=1024,768,60,22; commented so, at first, it starts with the desktop resolution (on release version)
FullScreen=Yes
;Synchronized=Yes

My resolution is 1920,1080,60 the 22 never changes The video setting here is still showing the old 4.3 aspect ratio.
It would be worth looking whether the Synchronized should be set to =no so worth checking out.
These settings are duplicated in the main game folder

You might find this useful.
How to Fix 2560x1440 Errors > Download Tool

Don't have an answer I am afraid but just a few suggestions to be getting on with is better than nothing, so hopefully someone will definitely know and help you.
Peter

Fifi 10-01-18 06:31 AM

TWOS is optimized for 1920X1080 resolution.
I too, tried to play on 2560X1440 (my native screen resolution) but had to reverse back because of some issues with the clock/U-Jagd (very important to calculate target speed) not showing up (or showing up way off screen)
Some charts were off screen also.

I recommand to launch TWOS in 1920X1080, you can check this in your ingame graphic options and make sure to uncheck the windowed mode.
Or directly in your documents /SH5/data/CFg/main

Ah, Peter beat me to it…

Shaefer 10-01-18 07:01 AM

Thank you Berbster and Fifi, appreciate it! :up:

Now it`s fixed. Something was wonky with the cfg...:salute:

Fifi 10-01-18 07:20 AM

Oh my, didn’t know TWOS has the 21/9 ratio!

Just tried it and everything runs fine now on 2560X1440!!
But as expected, everything looks quite small too...and the texts are too small for my old eyes :haha: (message box etc)

vdr1981 10-01-18 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2570880)
Thank you Berbster and Fifi, appreciate it! :up:

Now it`s fixed. Something was wonky with the cfg...:salute:

Welcome back Shaefer!:salute:

Tonci87 10-01-18 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2570779)
I have thermal layers after 100 mts. depth in TWoS.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

How do you know?

starwindeu 10-01-18 09:30 PM

Cant load my last savegame

Hi there, for some reason when i try to load my last savegame after a few hours out of the game it comes a loading screen, then goes black, and exits to windows again. Tried restarting windows and all but no luck.

am i doing something wrong?

Fifi 10-02-18 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwindeu (Post 2570992)
Hi there, for some reason when i try to load my last savegame after a few hours out of the game it comes a loading screen, then goes black, and exits to windows again. Tried restarting windows and all but no luck.

am i doing something wrong?

IMHO, if you can’t load a save without CTD, it’s because something has change somewhere.
Some of the TWOS mods can only be activated/deactivated in bunker.
Some of the TDW generic patcher patches can only be activated/deactivated in bunker.
And best is to deactivate mods in Jsgme before activating/deactivating patches in TDW patcher...

Are you sure you didn’t change something before loading your save?

THEBERBSTER 10-02-18 04:39 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > starwindeu
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Shaefer 10-02-18 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2570883)
Oh my, didn’t know TWOS has the 21/9 ratio!

Just tried it and everything runs fine now on 2560X1440!!
But as expected, everything looks quite small too...and the texts are too small for my old eyes :haha: (message box etc)

Yes it was hehe. I was a pain to read anything.:Kaleun_Binocular: I`m sticking to good old 1920x1080 or even 1024x768..:o

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570907)
Welcome back Shaefer!:salute:

Hey man.:salute:
Still trucking along tirelessly I see. :subsim: We need an smilie with VDR instead of subsim.:D

MANoWAR.U52 10-02-18 04:23 PM

Having a blast wit the TWOS mod! Is there any other mods to improve upon it?

Also I got a annoying problem on my current atlantic patrol, no matter what the weather is the submarine gains the status submerged every 5-6 seconds due to the depth fluctuating and thus makes some utility like flak or radar not useable. Is there a fix for it?

Fifi 10-03-18 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANoWAR.U52 (Post 2571083)
Having a blast wit the TWOS mod! Is there any other mods to improve upon it?

Also I got a annoying problem on my current atlantic patrol, no matter what the weather is the submarine gains the status submerged every 5-6 seconds due to the depth fluctuating and thus makes some utility like flak or radar not useable. Is there a fix for it?

Hi ManoWar,

Be careful with the mods you will activate upon TWOS...you may broke the result!
There are some additional mods already available for TWOS in the TWOS parts.
You can activate them with the TWOS Jsgme, and mousing over them will tell you some infos.
Those mods are 100% TWOS compatible, not the case for the others you may find elsewhere :yep:

The submerged status occurs when bad weather, and as in real life, you can’t use deck gun or deck flak in those conditions!
About the radar, i don’t know as i’m Not far enough in my career...but if big waves submerged totally the sub in storms, pretty easily due to its low silhouette, submerged radar antenna couldn’t work IMHO.
The only fix, as in real life, would be to wait for better weather to come, and pray to not be detected…or stay submerged for the storm to end.