SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 01-22-18 03:40 PM

Hi fitz
Does the Antilag application not give you the option to run it as an administrator?
Peter

fitzcarraldo 01-22-18 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2537866)
Hi fitz
Does the Antilag application not give you the option to run it as an administrator?
Peter

It is a dll, not and exe. An special direct3-9 dll.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

vit90 01-25-18 05:07 PM

Ship recognition

Hello there))
Can somebody tell me how can i make an auto recognition of the ships? I have switched on auto targeting system but i can't see in my book of the ships (type, tonnage, etc.) a highlighted ship.

fitzcarraldo 01-25-18 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vit90 (Post 2538423)
Hello there))
Can somebody tell me how can i make an auto recognition of the ships? I have switched on auto targeting system but i can't see in my book of the ships (type, tonnage, etc.) a highlighted ship.

Do you use the Auto ID UI addon mod?

Search it in the Vecko MF page, post 1 of this thread. You have diverse addon mods for TWoS.

https://m.mediafire.com/folder/6xdh6...ods_and_Addons

Regards

vit90 01-26-18 05:19 AM

Ship recognition

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2538431)
Do you use the Auto ID UI addon mod?

Search it in the Vecko MF page, post 1 of this thread. You have diverse addon mods for TWoS.

https://m.mediafire.com/folder/6xdh6...ods_and_Addons

Regards

Thank you a lot. I didn't know about that earlier.:Kaleun_Salute:

Niume 01-29-18 08:11 AM

I don;t know if this was discussed already but anyway to increase tc past 64 its really anoying getting out of ports.

XenonSurf 01-29-18 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2538974)
I don;t know if this was discussed already but anyway to increase tc past 64 its really anoying getting out of ports.

It's capped for stability I think. I know the stock game crashes easily whith high TC and objects or traffic nearby. Also for that reason you cannot go to 1024 like in stock.
But when using Automation for port traffic, you can increase the sub speed to middle/full speed, it won't confuse the script and you go out of port pretty fast with TC 64.

Niume 01-29-18 09:46 AM

I can choose more than 512x tc is it normal?

XenonSurf 01-29-18 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niume (Post 2538989)
I can choose more than 512x tc is it normal?

No, I was not clear enough, in the *stock game* you can go to TC 1024, but at your own risk... In TWoS the default max is 512.

THEBERBSTER 01-29-18 11:57 AM

High Guys
Quote:

In TWoS the default max is 512.
Add a , and 1024 and you can use Travel Mode to increase your TC at your own risk of course.
Peter

finchOU 01-30-18 02:53 PM

Journal and Destroyed marks

I still have a question about the Ship's Journal and Destroyed marks.

A. Is there a difference between activating your Ships Journal via the Main Menu before loading your game ....

or

B. just leaving the Main Menu Journal to none and loading the Journal once the game starts?

I find that if I load the Journal AFTER I load the game (option B) the time it takes to load is a lot less.

Also, if I did Option A I would STILL have to load the journal once the game starts to get my Nav and Supermarks. Only difference is I would have to Uncheck "Read Journal Entries" because those were already loaded.

Also when I leave the game...if I'm using option B....I can just Save the Journal manually.....before Manually saving game and and exit to Windows if I want to.

So my question is ....is there a right and wrong way to use the Journal? Is there anything wrong with Manually loading and saving it?

Lastly, ever since starting to use the Journal....Destroyed marks haven't appeared at all. The only caveat being that i've only suck 4 ships from 2 different convoys in the game and NO marks appeared when they were sunk. After researching a little bit...it seems Destroyed marks are buggy to say the least...as there are known issues of them loading at 0 N, 0 W or not appearing at all. Half the reason I wanted to use the Journal was to make a journal specificly to track my destroyed marks through a career. I guess this just isn't possible.

fitzcarraldo 01-30-18 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finchOU (Post 2539206)
I still have a question about the Ship's Journal and Destroyed marks.

A. Is there a difference between activating your Ships Journal via the Main Menu before loading your game ....

or

B. just leaving the Main Menu Journal to none and loading the Journal once the game starts?

I find that if I load the Journal AFTER I load the game (option B) the time it takes to load is a lot less.

Also, if I did Option A I would STILL have to load the journal once the game starts to get my Nav and Supermarks. Only difference is I would have to Uncheck "Read Journal Entries" because those were already loaded.

Also when I leave the game...if I'm using option B....I can just Save the Journal manually.....before Manually saving game and and exit to Windows if I want to.

So my question is ....is there a right and wrong way to use the Journal? Is there anything wrong with Manually loading and saving it?

Lastly, ever since starting to use the Journal....Destroyed marks haven't appeared at all. The only caveat being that i've only suck 4 ships from 2 different convoys in the game and NO marks appeared when they were sunk. After researching a little bit...it seems Destroyed marks are buggy to say the least...as there are known issues of them loading at 0 N, 0 W or not appearing at all. Half the reason I wanted to use the Journal was to make a journal specificly to track my destroyed marks through a career. I guess this just isn't possible.

B for me. I have all the entries and supermarks, and destroyed marks. I donīt remember to use your A option any time.

Regards and good hunt! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

XenonSurf 01-30-18 11:32 PM

Hi guys,
I want to re-open the questions about the bad position of the deck gun once the crew is leaving it. I have read the sticky tutorial post and usually I make all the right steps to unman the deckgun, problem is: this time I used the Trevally script for zig-zaging and using the deck gun automatically. After deactivating the script, the deck gun is in bad position (don't know if this matters for sub operation, I guess yes.)

I have redone all steps to re-man the deck gun and unman it, but it vain. What I did:

1. Tell WO to man the deck gun
2. Go to Battlestations Level 2
3. The other deck gun icons are already in right position (man deck gun; stop firing)

I then exactly revert the steps above, still the deckgun is not aligned. Any idea?

Thanks!

THEBERBSTER 01-31-18 06:30 AM

Hi XS
The deck gun position is an easy one to answer.
You must always go to Battle Stations before using the deck gun from the Watch Officer icon Battle Stations which will turn yellow.
When you have finished with the deck gun click on the icon again and the deck gun will correctly go back to the forward position.
I have 2 tutorials which show the difference with and without the icon.
Peter

Sauroketh 01-31-18 09:31 AM

Lord be praised!
Our Lord Poseidon, I mean.