SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

hauangua 03-22-17 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfire1066 (Post 2474265)
Well when I reinstalled the game to try again last night. The game wanted to install in C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... and I changed it to C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5. Think this might be the problem.

Think I should try to reinstall and use the C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... that the game wants to install too. And then try again?

Thx,

Steve

you can send screenshot of your open game folder ?....and your jsgme open folder

THEBERBSTER 03-22-17 10:45 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > spitfire1066

Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

You cannot move your game it has to be uninstalled and re-installed again
Uplay links to your game installation.
If you mave your game the link is broken, so you would need to edit the Uplay path to the new installation path.

Quote:

Think I should try to reinstall and use the C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/
Not by choice as this directory has restrictions.
Better to install in something like C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
As long as you have installed SH5 in the correct folder then you have made an error extracting TWOS to the wrong place.

spitfire1066 03-22-17 10:47 AM

I am going to try to do a clean install and use the folder C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... that the game wants to install too. And try to run the mods again.

Will let you know what happens. Thanks for the help so far. I haven't played the game in a long time, last time I played I was usings sobers mega mod. But this was about 3 years ago.

Cheers,

Steve

hauangua 03-22-17 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfire1066 (Post 2474272)
I am going to try to do a clean install and use the folder C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... that the game wants to install too. And try to run the mods again.

Will let you know what happens. Thanks for the help so far. I haven't played the game in a long time, last time I played I was usings sobers mega mod. But this was about 3 years ago.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve write if solved or not
:salute:

h4rdliner 03-22-17 12:36 PM

Big problem here, i did everything like the first post say, clean install of sh5, patched to 1.2.0, installed wos 1.06 and 1.06.10, activated the mod correctly and did the thing with the Generic patcher.

If i start a campaign, and try to save the Game when i first see the Bunker, it just freezes in "Please Wait" (While saving). Thats it, have to Alt F4 out :confused:

vdr1981 03-22-17 04:17 PM

Next weekend...

https://s6.postimg.org/efmbl2ult/SH5...2_22_12_21.jpg

Tonci87 03-22-17 04:29 PM

Oh, that looks nice :up:

Say, what will determine what direction they face? The wind? What if the wind is coming from the stern, faster than your speed? Will the flag then point forwards? Will it disappear when you dive?

spitfire1066 03-22-17 05:35 PM

Well I reinstalled the game into the C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... folder that the game wanted to install to. Ran all the mods and patcher etc. All ok.

Tired to start the game and at first Norton Anti Virus says I have a file that is corrupt and restarted the pc. Now the Uplay can't find the game folder Silent Hunter 5 and when it does Uplay says that I have corrupt or missing files and is verifying and fixing the files.

This is giving me a headache :-(

Steve

THEBERBSTER 03-22-17 06:39 PM

Hi Vecko
That is going to make a lot of players very happy indeed.:up:
Should be just in time for my new HT campaign currently TG May 16th.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 03-22-17 06:46 PM

Hi spitfire
Sometimes Anti-Virus can be a real pain, probably does not like the .exe application?
Uninstall your Game Launcher from the Control Panel's Program and Features.
Run a free registry cleaner like Ccleaner, in my tutorials if you need it, re-boot your system and install this genuine game launcher on any drive and you can use any folder.
Post #97 SH5 Game Launcher Install It Anywhere On Any Drive
Post #74 Run Both SH5.exe And Ubisoft Game Launcher Application's As Administrator's
You can set your anti-virus to make an exception in advanced settings for Ubisoft SH5.exe and the Game Launcher 32 bit exe (1st icon application is 32 bit)
Peter

vdr1981 03-22-17 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitfire1066 (Post 2474345)
Well I reinstalled the game into the C:programfile/x86/ubisoft/....etc... folder that the game wanted to install to. Ran all the mods and patcher etc. All ok.

Tired to start the game and at first Norton Anti Virus says I have a file that is corrupt and restarted the pc. Now the Uplay can't find the game folder Silent Hunter 5 and when it does Uplay says that I have corrupt or missing files and is verifying and fixing the files.

This is giving me a headache :-(

Steve

It is your AV software that is screwing you up...It deletes false positive files. Some AV will recognize your modified SH5.exe (by TDW Generic Patcher) as a crack or something, which is certainly not true.

vdr1981 03-22-17 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2474360)
Hi Vecko
That is going to make a lot of players very happy indeed.:up:
Should be just in time for my new HT campaign currently TG May 16th.
Peter

I'll also add optional addon which will disable flags if someone don't want to see them during patrol...:yep:

elder_gutknecht 03-23-17 01:50 AM

Spitfire, do you delate your sh5 documents folder before reinstall?

THEBERBSTER 03-23-17 05:17 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > hrd4liner
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Check that your GPU settings are correct.
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings.
Post #240 Changing AMD Radeon GPU Settings
This generally is what you need to look for in your gpu type.

Have you tried a lower Graphic Setting Option in the game.

spitfire1066 03-23-17 09:13 AM

Yay :):D

I got it working.

I uninstalled the game and documents folder. Ran the CCleaner per instructions above. Restarted the PC. Created a folder called C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5, installed the genuine game launcher into C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 per above.
Re downloaded the game and installed into C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5.

Ran the two mods. Then set SH5.exe and JSGME.exe to run as administrator before running them. Disabled my Norton Anti Virus for 30min then loaded the two mods using JSGME then followed the rest of the instructions.

Started the game and hooray it works.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Stephen Allen