SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-17-17 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireship4 (Post 2458698)

Are your additional 'zones.cfg' files compatible with the latest update? Could I ask why they are optional? Which would you recommend for most realism?

Thanks.

Compatible, of course...We are talking about simple "variation on a theme" optional mods which can be enabled/disabled anytime. I would say that the most realistic behavior of "wounded" or destroyed unit is somewhere in between but since we can not use all the settings at the same time, optional Zones.cfg tweaks will give you the possibility to chose between available options or to select them per your mood...:yep:

Edurd C 01-17-17 08:48 AM

OS compatibility

Hi,
I am running windows 7 64 bit home premium OS. Want to install the Wolves of steel mega mod, will be on a clean SH5 game install. Do I need to run the game in compatibility mode? If so what compatibility setting should I use? Would greatly appreciate your help/advice on this. :k_confused:

Regards, Edurd C

vdr1981 01-17-17 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edurd C (Post 2458743)
Hi,
I am running windows 7 64 bit home premium OS. Want to install the Wolves of steel mega mod, will be on a clean SH5 game install. Do I need to run the game in compatibility mode? If so what compatibility setting should I use? Would greatly appreciate your help/advice on this. :k_confused:

Regards, Edurd C

Win7 here also, I don't use compatibility settings...

benji112 01-17-17 11:48 AM

Is there any mod like this for Silent Hunter 4?

palmic 01-17-17 02:04 PM

Another case of great support for newbies here, you all should be thankful to Vecko's patience as he is unbelievable kind to helping with 1000x fixed problems of new players! :salute:

BTW. its not the problem of TWOS as vanilla SH5 is less than playable and this is really VERY close to maximum what SH5 could ever be....

palmic 01-17-17 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji112 (Post 2458783)
Is there any mod like this for Silent Hunter 4?

Trigger Maru

THEBERBSTER 01-17-17 03:18 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Edurd C
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

You should not need a compatibility mode with windows 7.

fireship4 01-17-17 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458726)
Compatible, of course...We are talking about simple "variation on a theme" optional mods which can be enabled/disabled anytime. I would say that the most realistic behavior of "wounded" or destroyed unit is somewhere in between but since we can not use all the settings at the same time, optional Zones.cfg tweaks will give you the possibility to chose between available options or to select them per your mood...:yep:

Ok, thanks.

Aminius 01-17-17 09:22 PM

the mod looks nice but im definatly too dumb to use the enigma or do manual targeting. cant you create a landlubber version of your mod, for those who just want to enjoy the game?

elder_gutknecht 01-18-17 02:06 AM

Don't active the enigma mod, and in port don't active the manual target game option
And read theberbster tutorials to target, really fast way to sunk ships

Edurd C 01-18-17 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2458744)
Win7 here also, I don't use compatibility settings...

Many thanks for your help.
Best Regards
Edurd C

Aminius 01-18-17 09:34 AM

ok first visit to danzig is over. i bought a deckgun for the VIIA but when starting a new patrol there is still no gun installed. bug?
even with TDC on i cant hit anything. there was a freighter at danzig running away at full speed, around 8 knots. the auto function always reported 0 knots! same with distance, 3000 meters didnt change. it seems broken?!?

Aktungbby 01-18-17 10:47 AM

Welcome back!

Aminius:Kaleun_Salute:After along silent run!

GrumpyOldGamer 01-18-17 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2458933)
Don't active the enigma mod, and in port don't active the manual target game option
And read theberbster tutorials to target, really fast way to sunk ships

how do you not activate the enigma mod and the targeting mod? I tried this mod my first night, but i was way out of depth with doing trigonometry to fire a torpedo... I would love to dumb down this mod slightly to where I can play.

also a link to theberbster's tut on targeting pls

:subsim:

EDIT: I also been going crazy trying to figure out how to sucessfully add new single mods to a vanilla install, do you use JSGME or TDW or both or both and more? So confusing...

2nd EDIT: also you put the music mods in the gramophone folder not install with JSGME etc yes?

3rd EDIT: any help would be appreciated as I am currently uninstalled ready to try again

palmic 01-18-17 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGamer (Post 2459001)
how do you not activate the enigma mod and the targeting mod? I tried this mod my first night, but i was way out of depth with doing trigonometry to fire a torpedo... I would love to dumb down this mod slightly to where I can play.

also a link to theberbster's tut on targeting pls

:subsim:

EDIT: I also been going crazy trying to figure out how to sucessfully add new single mods to a vanilla install, do you use JSGME or TDW or both or both and more? So confusing...

2nd EDIT: also you put the music mods in the gramophone folder not install with JSGME etc yes?

3rd EDIT: any help would be appreciated as I am currently uninstalled ready to try again

During installation of TWOS you have to enable some of these MODS by JSGME application (that with Yellow "G" icon):
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06\ - MANDATORY
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation\ - OPTIONAL
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders\ - OPTIONAL
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 4x3 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 5x4 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch\ - OPTIONAL

If you enable "3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation", you'll not be able to use waypoints and youll be forced to really navigate on sea (you could use services of your navigator - dead position fix, or cellestial position fix)

If youll enable "4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders", youll be forced to decode some messages by enigma - dont enable it if you dont want to use enigma.

If youll enable "5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon", youll be able to ask your torpedo officer to solve torpedo solution instead of solving it for yourself - enable it if you dont want to set torpedo attacks and rather just push FIRE button.
THIS MOD DOESN"T HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON WITH SHIP'S SMOKE, OR WIND, its just name..

"Resolution Patch" mods are optional, install one of them if you have one of these aspect ratio. For instance i my display resolution is 1920x1200 which is 8:5, so i have "6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch" installed.

If you dont know how to install TWOS READ FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!