SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 12-29-15 06:45 AM

hydrophone missing sounds?

Does anyone of you experiences silent ships in hydrophone? My sound engineer can hear it, i dont..

err.. and i am sure i met this even before i removed that click sounds its not related, its just occasionally missing hydrophone sounds, not for all ships :)

vdr1981 12-29-15 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2369431)
Does anyone of you experiences silent ships in hydrophone? My sound engineer can hear it, i dont..

Known issue with (some) slow moving ships...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2369285)
On the subject of audio... the vanilla 20mil sfx ARE HORRIBLE...

I dont know much about sound editing but it wold be really nice if you coud "convert" some of your remarks into a mod or a fix of some sort...:yep:
I'm pretty much sure that any sound related changes in this expansion will be highly valued, especially if we know that they are made by actual music composer...:up::yep:

Airwave 12-30-15 05:38 AM

Hey Guys!

I am having problems downloading patch 14 for TWoS.
After entering the captcha:

Direct Access Denied

The page you attempted to load is not intended to be accessed directly.
Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Edit: Works fine now. Thanks

palmic 12-30-15 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airwave (Post 2369674)
Hey Guys!

I am having problems downloading patch 14 for TWoS.
After entering the captcha:

Direct Access Denied

The page you attempted to load is not intended to be accessed directly.
Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Edit: Works fine now. Thanks

This looks like you previously accessed download page by copy+paste actual URL instead of clicking the link..

palmic 12-30-15 02:56 PM

Repairing?

Is there some trick to repair broken parts on u-boat?
I have many things at 98-99%, maybe two at 96% and my team repaired nothing for all the night at surface.

screen 1, screen 2, screen 3, screen 4

Netscape Navigator 12-30-15 11:08 PM

I got shot-up a tad by some brit fighters and took damage. I noticed somethings being repaired over time while others never got repaired, days and days afterwards.

I'm not sure if the damage in vanilla or mod is worked out this way, but it would make sense to not be able to repair certain things...like did each boat carry spare parts for every component?...doubt it. Therefor you shouldn't be able to repair them. Also if something get's severely damaged to a point it should not be repairable.

The one thing that drove me nuts is the order or priority to repair things. I don't know if you can actually control this. (it tricks you into thinking you can by clicking the boxes and moving what's being "hammered"/repaired - but in fact does nothing) This was very annoying when trying to stop flooding. I could care less about anything else. I needed to dive. I needed to stop flooding. Luckily I'm a good shot and downed both Brit planes... because diving would have = death. It was a super intense turn of events none the less - brought on by time compression not slowing down enough :D

palmic 12-31-15 12:17 AM

Yeah - but this was not the case i think :)
Some things got repaired after reloading the game.

I think the repair system is broken and i expect its broken by UBI as always.

vdr1981 12-31-15 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2369770)
Is there some trick to repair broken parts on u-boat?
I have many things at 98-99%, maybe two at 96% and my team repaired nothing for all the night at surface.

screen 1, screen 2, screen 3, screen 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2369833)

The one thing that drove me nuts is the order or priority to repair things. I don't know if you can actually control this.

There is no repair priority in SH5, when damaged all sistem are repairing at the same time...

Check provided RSD documentation for more...

palmic 12-31-15 12:34 PM

Wow.. A windows app crash after 4 hours of playing.. And just after i damaged second merchant of small convoy by deck gun decided to leave a surface.. Dont forget to save VERY often guys...

xXNightEagleXx 12-31-15 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2369951)
Wow.. A windows app crash after 4 hours of playing.. And just after i damaged second merchant of small convoy by deck gun decided to leave a surface.. Dont forget to save VERY often guys...

I don't know if it is your case but limiting use of TC and carefully avoid weird saving scenarios (close to others ships, surfaced, close to harbors) helped to reduce drastically to almost zero all CTD.

THEBERBSTER 12-31-15 02:57 PM

Hi Palmic

You do not have to save often. I usually only make one save per gaming session.
Its how you save that is important not how often you save.

112 game saves, no problems, no ctd's.

Peter

palmic 12-31-15 03:09 PM

Thank you for info!

Can i use XO input even without periscope exposed?

Controlling ship targeting via knobs seems nice, but its unfortunately very inaccurate. - I see XO as awesome and most realistic way to input targeting.

But it seems not to be available at hydrophone or map (on map its most essential for me, because that is where you need it mostly if you are counting torpedo solution from ship curse)

Again thank you for "saves info" :salute:

Netscape Navigator 12-31-15 10:10 PM

I have a bit over 50 saves currently in my play through, it's christmas 1939. I've had 2 CTD so far. I follow the save rules to the T.

I love the patrol area for X amount of hours missions concept in this mod. But the fact you have to do it in one session gets annoying due to CTD possibility. Both crashes I was near the end of my patrol time by hours... so in turn I wasted 3 days with limited fuel and no ammo just sitting in the ocean or constantly submerging to avoid enemy's so I could make up for time since I had to load it again to get my promo points... which can be a pain if any units are near by and I can't use high time compression... but losing/wasting 2-3days at sea sucks since I just spent the required time there AND sunk butt-loads of ships.

I'm know it's not the mods fault, it's SH5's fault.

I kind of wish the objective of a patrol was to make contact, report contacts and or engage enemy, with no time with-in patrol area variable.

vdr1981 01-01-16 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netscape Navigator (Post 2370080)

I love the patrol area for X amount of hours missions concept in this mod. But the fact you have to do it in one session gets annoying due to CTD possibility.

Save and restart your game just before you start your grid patrol and crash possibility will be reduced to absolutes minimum. (I've passed CW,HT and WA campaigns without mentioned crash:yep:)
Or simply ignore you patrol grid and hunt where ever you want, BdU will not complain if you're successful...:yep:
Also check tips for stable gameplay if you haven't checked it already...

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
:woot::woot::woot:

palmic 01-01-16 02:07 PM

Frohes neues Jahr Kalounen :salute: