SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 11-07-19 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelnah (Post 2635669)
My SH5 (Uplay) TWOS broke with the Uplay update (CTD when loading a save), luckily for me a made a backup right before the update, and when I replaced the new sh5.exe with the one from my backup, the game works and Uplay thinks its updated and fine.
Best regards :Kaleun_Cheers:

Very good thinking! :yep::salute: If only other uplay Captains would be so insightful. Unfortunately, many aren't...

Xelnah 11-07-19 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2635676)
Welcome to SubSim Xelnah! :subsim:

From what I understand of your post, you have a UPlay download version of SH5 that you purchased and downloaded before the most recent update, and that you saved a copy of your old SH5 as a back-up, and after updating through UPlay, you were able to copy the original SH5 back to the game, and all is well with restoring a Saved game? Does your UPlay try to "update" each time you start the game, and does it attempt to "sync" your Saves online?... Thanks! :salute:

Thank you,
Yes and yes, I copied my backed-up sh5.exe-file and thus overwrite the "new" updated sh5.exe-file. "Online play" and cloud save works, Uplay seems not realize that I reverted back to the old sh5.exe-file. My savefiles where never broken, just wouldn't load (ctd) after the Uplay game-update. Works fine now and no more nagging from Uplay.
Best regards:Kaleun_Salute:

Tonci87 11-07-19 04:16 PM

Honestly, I do not think that there should be legal troubles in including a working SH5.exe in this mod. It is not like providing a cracked version of that file, you still need to own the game to play. So there is no copyright violation.

In the end, the .exe file is like any other file this mod contains, which is basically an edited version of an original file. :D

vdr1981 11-07-19 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2635699)
Honestly, I do not think that there should be legal troubles in including a working SH5.exe in this mod. It is not like providing a cracked version of that file, you still need to own the game to play. So there is no copyright violation.

In the end, the .exe file is like any other file this mod contains, which is basically an edited version of an original file. :D

I honestly don't know. Including game executable in the mod package would enormously simplify the mod installation which would, in the end, also probably have a positive effect on Ubi as well, since their SH5 sale would also jump. Actually, SH5 still sells rather good even today just because of mods like TWoS. Ungrateful bastards...:)

On the other hand, as far as I know, no one ever tried to include such file in any mod here on subsim, probably with a good reason...

boogieman335 11-07-19 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2635702)
I honestly don't know. Including game executable in the mod package would enormously simplify the mod installation which would, in the end, also probably have a positive effect on Ubi as well, since their SH5 sale would also jump. Actually, SH5 still sells rather good even today just because of mods like TWoS. Ungrateful bastards...:)

On the other hand, as far as I know, no one ever tried to include such file in any mod here on subsim, probably with a good reason...

Well the only throats that Ubi are cutting with their update is their own as far as new sales are concerned, cause the steam version still works fine with TwoS ,in fact even better cause after the conversion you can launch the game without even launching Steam at all. And as far as I know the DVD version works fine too.

THEBERBSTER 11-08-19 05:26 AM

Hi boogieman.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...20&postcount=1

Quote:

And as far as I know the DVD version works fine too.

Problem 1.This what I get from DVD. No connection to launch game.
https://i.postimg.cc/jSLC3xfP/28-connection-fault.jpg

Problem 2
After installing TWoS with Dvd
GFP installed from TWoS install.
This test without gps file being restored,
Game loads to the bridge ok.
https://i.postimg.cc/1XxVFf3y/80.jpg

After making another game save so you can start the game again from the bridge at a later time.
On exiting to the desk top you get this error.
https://i.postimg.cc/9Mf5mMBQ/82.jpg

Peter
Replaced Dvd install with Uplay download using DVD Sh5.exe solved the problem.

Peter

propbeanie 11-08-19 09:03 AM

That's what I get Peter, if I disconnect the wire (Airplane Mode), and / or disable the online mode. Once connected to the net, the UPlay app apparently re-enables the "cloud" sync. But I do NOT have issues running TWoS, though I do have that odd combination of a UPlay SH4 and Steam SH5... It looks like Ubi is attempting to emulate the Steam way of checking license validity online each time you start the game, but they put a few bytes in the executable to make it easier on themselves... :salute:

boogieman335 11-08-19 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2635769)
That's what I get Peter, if I disconnect the wire (Airplane Mode), and / or disable the online mode. Once connected to the net, the UPlay app apparently re-enables the "cloud" sync. But I do NOT have issues running TWoS, though I do have that odd combination of a UPlay SH4 and Steam SH5... It looks like Ubi is attempting to emulate the Steam way of checking license validity online each time you start the game, but they put a few bytes in the executable to make it easier on themselves... :salute:

My install is using the Steam version, but after the TWoS install during which the SH5.exe gets converted I can launch the game from either the SH5.exe file or a shortcut to it which I have on my desktop which completely bypasses Steam. Steam does not launch at all, only the Uplay thingy and it functions normally. Sync's to servers or whatever it does with no problems. Also the game is stored on another hard drive from where my Windows 10 install is located. In fact I have 3 installs , the first one is a pure Steam install for backup purposes and will launch Steam if I start it. The Second is a Pristine TWoS install with no changes to it, as a backup for it,and the third is a TWoS install with my graphics mod, the English language files copied from my Steam version, and a few tweaked mods that change the periscope graphics, water color, and the older Dynamic Environment(ver 2.1) wave motions which look more realistic to me. This 3rd version is the one which I use. It plays fine and has no problems.
So in essence the SH5.exe either converted from the Steam one, or the DVD SH5.exe with a Uplay download install of the game works , correct?

THEBERBSTER 11-08-19 04:37 PM

Hi Guys
How To Re-Install A SH5 DVD Following Uplay’s Update Instructions For TWoS Players > Pictorial
Peter

vdr1981 11-08-19 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2635804)

Just a few notes Peter...

Quote:

You must accept the STEAM conversion when it appears as this will patch the SH5.exe and all 9 patches will be installed.
The SH5.exe retains the correct number of kilobytes of 4458 where as the Uplay download SH5.exe is 4461.
Steam converter is not really necessary for DVD users although it wont brake anything even if accepted...

Also , I can see that in your tutorial uplay is in online mod, which is not really smart these days. You are literally asking from ubisoft to screw up your sh5.exe by launching the game trough the "update" button. Offline mod and disabled automatic game updates are a must IMO...:yep::salute:

fitzcarraldo 11-08-19 09:35 PM

KSD online lists

A question:

I updated with TWoS 2.2.16 Update (latest version) over my TWoS 2.2.16 full version.

Now, KSD can run in online mode. All well and working.

But...I can´t see my name in any of the lists, except in the Aces list. Is it a normal behaviour or the Kriegsmarine ignores this magnificent Kaleun? My rating is 7090 but this number is missed, and other two users are up and below my rating, but nothing about me :k_confused:

Many thanks and happy weekend!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 11-09-19 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2635835)
A question:

I updated with TWoS 2.2.16 Update (latest version) over my TWoS 2.2.16 full version.

Now, KSD can run in online mode. All well and working.

But...I can´t see my name in any of the lists, except in the Aces list. Is it a normal behaviour or the Kriegsmarine ignores this magnificent Kaleun? My rating is 7090 but this number is missed, and other two users are up and below my rating, but nothing about me :k_confused:

Many thanks and happy weekend!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Your captain and KSD commander login name?

THEBERBSTER 11-09-19 06:11 AM

Hi Vecko
The previous DVD install without using the STEAM converter I got an error message when installing the GFP and only 8 patches installed.
This time I used the STEAM converter and no error message

I do mention about going offline and there is a separate tutorial link at the bottom, but I will make it more prominent.
I will check out the disabled game updates option.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 11-09-19 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2635863)
Your captain and KSD commander login name?

Login: Fitzcarraldo.

My name in SH5: Fernando De Cicco . As put in the campaign start and in the KSD logbook.

Boats assigned: U-47 (complete HT with perfect automatic campaign transfer on the correct date), VIIB, and now U-69, VIIC, departed from Kiel. I change the boat number with OFEV (then U-47, now U-69). Used silentotto only for bypass the first chapter. I went in this war directly to HT.

Thanks!

Fitzcarraldo.

vdr1981 11-09-19 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2635872)

Login: Fitzcarraldo.

My nane in SH5: Fernando De Cicco . As put in the campaign start and in the KSD logbook.

Boats assigned: U-47 (complete HT with perfect automatic campaign transfer on the correct date), VIIB, and now U-69, VIIC, departed from Kiel. I change the boat number with OFEV (then U-47, now U-69). Used silentotto only for bypass the first chapter. I went in this war directly to HT.

Thanks!

Fitzcarraldo.

I've removed your old profile, you were using the same name back then and that is a problem for KSD. Try now... :yep: