SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

XenonSurf 08-22-18 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikinado (Post 2565999)
Hey guys, I did install and reinstall it maybe 5 times, not joking!
everytime multiple windows appear in the harbor, cant close them...hence GAME OVER
anyone have a suggestion?
I run a WIN10 64bit
thx a lot:wah:
PS: I used to run it on WIN XP..but got new PC..and NOOOOOO :-(

In Win10 you must install the game in a *non-protected* folder, all files and folders in it must have their 'read-only' unticked. If you have the choice install SH5 somewhere like C:\Games\SilentHunter5

kikinado 08-22-18 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2566020)
In Win10 you must install the game in a *non-protected* folder, all files and folders in it must have their 'read-only' unticked. If you have the choice install SH5 somewhere like C:\Games\SilentHunter5

Hey there mate!!
Thx a lot, I actually worked first time this time!!!
Just to mention I needed rename the start file SH5 steam.exe.patch to .exe only, but great!!!
Very happy, will start learning to play now :-)
:Kaleun_Applaud:

vdr1981 08-22-18 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2565877)
Also, because I wont be releasing next update for TWoS in a month or so, I would like to express my gratitude to the two recent TWoS supporters/donors: Richard Roberts and Yangfan Xu. I hope you guys will have a lot of sleepless nights with Wolves! Cheers! :salute::salute::salute:

And I have to add (once again) David "HW3" Stevens to the list! Thank you a million guys! You are truly awesome! :salute:::Kaleun_Salute::salute:

vdr1981 08-22-18 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikinado (Post 2566026)
Hey there mate!!
Thx a lot, I actually worked first time this time!!!
Just to mention I needed rename the start file SH5 steam.exe.patch to .exe only, but great!!!
Very happy, will start learning to play now :-)
:Kaleun_Applaud:

I'm a bit confused. Is this procedure necessary for all Steam SH5 users because I never heard about it before ...:hmmm:

kikinado 08-22-18 12:48 PM

SH5 WoS not working for me part 2 :-(

Hey there again,
been so happy all was going so well, but....

all installed, running, compactibility issues solved, graphics great, but...

When I start New Campaing it never loades, always crashes

I do Own powerfull enough Computer to run it at full resolution on max, so there is surely not this issue.
Anyone had this before?
Thx a lot guys:Kaleun_Salute:

kikinado 08-22-18 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2566029)
I'm a bit confused. Is this procedure necessary for all Steam SH5 users because I never heard about it before ...:hmmm:

Well, my game is not even Steam lol, cracked downloaded, but working fine itself :-)
there was 2 files SH5, but the "normal"one wasnt working, so I tried the Steam one

vdr1981 08-22-18 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikinado (Post 2566035)
Hey there again,
been so happy all was going so well, but....

all installed, running, compactibility issues solved, graphics great, but...

When I start New Campaing it never loades, always crashes

I do Own powerfull enough Computer to run it at full resolution on max, so there is surely not this issue.
Anyone had this before?
Thx a lot guys:Kaleun_Salute:

I cant say for sure mate but I do believe that you have a problem with the Generic Patcher part :hmm: Has everything went smoothly with it?

We'll need more info in order to track down your issue. The link is my signature...

And thank you very much for you donation mate! :salute::salute:

Cheers!

hauangua 08-22-18 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikinado (Post 2566037)
Well, my game is not even Steam lol, cracked downloaded, but working fine itself :-)
there was 2 files SH5, but the "normal"one wasnt working, so I tried the Steam one

Cracked!.... You load cracked game..value.. .. 5 /10 euro!!! Really?!!! Please buy less candy and download legal games ..5 Euro.... OMG.. Hope admin banned you

J0313 08-22-18 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2566042)
Cracked!.... You load cracked game..value.. .. 5 /10 euro!!! Really?!!! Please buy less candy and download legal games ..5 Euro.... OMG.. Hope admin banned you

He's your Typical millennial. Doesn't want to work or pay for anything.

vdr1981 08-22-18 03:32 PM

Knock it off guys , please...

Muckenberg 08-23-18 02:48 AM

Hello steel wolves
I have a few questions. Would it be possible to add classical WoS telescopes without scales to optional modes? Or is it somehow set up after installing the latest update?
My ship operates under the "Paukenschlag" operation near the US coast, and for the second time it has become a very strange thing. It is always a DD convoy and a merchant ship (tanker). The Torpedoborec sails first and behind a merchant ship, destroying the destroyer, the merchant ship does not change the direction of the voyage, but continues straight in its course, and in two cases it has hit a sinking destroyer. It seems that in these cases the AI ​​ships do not work at all. Boats do not even try to change the course at full speed to leave the vulnerable area, as is the case in other cases. Here it is still flying straight as if nothing happened. Really weird. And yet a little note. Both boats did not respond at all to the early torpedo explosion near the destroyer. Can this anomaly be attributed to the classical error rate SH5? or is the problem somewhere else?
Thank you for the answer I apologize for my English.

XenonSurf 08-23-18 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2566106)
Hello steel wolves
I have a few questions. Would it be possible to add classical WoS telescopes without scales to optional modes? Or is it somehow set up after installing the latest update?

On page 706, post 14 you will find the procedure to re-load the other scopes - or to change them.
It would be fine to include a short readme for it (or what about adding a note in the 1st main page?) so people know how to change them if they please.

Muckenberg 08-23-18 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2566138)
On page 706, post 14 you will find the procedure to re-load the other scopes - or to change them.
To by bylo v pořádku, aby zahrnovala krátký readme pro něj (nebo co o přidání poznámky v 1. úvodní stránku?), Aby lidé věděli, jak je změnit, pokud se jim zlíbí. [/ Quote]

It would be fine to include a short readme for it (or what about adding a note in the 1st main page?) so people know how to change them if they please.

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, here is a guide to installing the update, but I installed the update.

divemonkie 08-23-18 10:36 AM

OK, I'd backed up my install so was able to copy English voices over yours (backed up Germans voicesfirst) and that seems to have worked... Now I'm trying to turn the music off.

If I go to options sound and tic music off I lose all sound, no voices or anything. Tried just turning music all the way down but same thing. It turned all sound down so something I've missed or overlooking.

If you get a min maybe take a peek.
Thanks...ps... Add-on is incredible been playing at making hud all mouse over for that clean screen.

😎

kikinado 08-23-18 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2566042)

well..I do feel ashamed for the cracked part, I don ussually do it, but I lost my original CD, plus was never sure if it will work, meaning the WoS (hope I wont be banned for this comment lol), so I decided to download cracked one, which worked just fine stand alone.
Because the original wasnt really great so You might understand why not to buy another copy :-)