SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

IVIalicious 05-08-17 04:10 PM

Ah, ok ... silly me. The problem was because i had named the copied SH5 exe file wrong. For some reason the patcher didn't recognize the file when i named it as "sh5.exe", i removed the ".exe" part and it all works now, 5 mins in and the mod already looks fantastic.

A big shout out to everyone that made this happen and the creator of the work-around for Steam users. :) You guys are epic. Nice to see that fans of the game came together to create something as brilliant as TWoS when the devs simply couldn't give two ****s.

Screw Ubisoft, i hope they rot for what they did to SH5.

Outstanding work to everyone who made this happen though. :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 05-08-17 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IVIalicious (Post 2483097)
Ah, ok ... silly me. The problem was because i had named the copied SH5 exe file wrong. For some reason the patcher didn't recognize the file when i named it as "sh5.exe", i removed the ".exe" part and it all works now, 5 mins in and the mod already looks fantastic.

A big shout out to everyone that made this happen and the creator of the work-around for Steam users. :) You guys are epic. Nice to see that fans of the game came together to create something as brilliant as TWoS when the devs simply couldn't give two ****s.

Screw Ubisoft, i hope they rot for what they did to SH5.

Outstanding work to everyone who made this happen though. :Kaleun_Salute:

Have fun IVIalicious! :salute:

gezahu 05-09-17 08:56 AM

Hey MOD gurus!
Is it possible to make destroyers not hearing me on the surface?

vdr1981 05-09-17 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483221)
Hey MOD gurus!
Is it possible to make destroyers not hearing me on the surface?

I already talked about this...I wouldn't know.
The best option for you is to search for answers in IRAI home thread. You can also post a question there but I really doubt that anyone will reply...

vdr1981 05-09-17 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483221)
Hey MOD gurus!
Is it possible to make destroyers not hearing me on the surface?

Did you try to edit "MaxHeight" values from library/AI_Sensors.sim file from -8 to -9,-10 and so on?

MCM 05-09-17 10:50 AM

If you are searching ego shooters.... here is :subsim:

HW3 05-09-17 11:43 AM

Vecko, those dials look great!!! :Kaleun_Applaud:

gezahu 05-09-17 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483232)
Did you try to edit "MaxHeight" values from library/AI_Sensors.sim file from -8 to -9,-10 and so on?

No.I thought that would be vain. There is the elevation value I tried to play with changeing from 80 degrees to 90 but no avail. Also in AI sensors CFG there are million kinds of hydrophones, you suggest to change them all?

vdr1981 05-09-17 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483248)
No.I thought that would be vain. There is the elevation value I tried to play with changeing from 80 degrees to 90 but no avail. Also in AI sensors CFG there are million kinds of hydrophones, you suggest to change them all?

I can't suggest anything because I haven't figured out where to look...
I agree that surface hydro capabilities of warships should be tweaked a bit when I learn how, but disabling it completely wouldn't be quite realistic IMO. Even German GHG hydrophone apparatus could listen for traffic while surfaced because receivers were still placed well below waterline. :yep: This ability is currently disabled in game but I may bring it back on after some testing, just to make things even...:yep:

gezahu 05-10-17 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483254)
I can't suggest anything because I haven't figured out where to look...
I agree that surface hydro capabilities of warships should be tweaked a bit when I learn how, but disabling it completely wouldn't be quite realistic IMO. Even German GHG hydrophone apparatus could listen for traffic while surfaced because receivers were still placed well below waterline. :yep: This ability is currently disabled in game but I may bring it back on after some testing, just to make things even...:yep:

That would be great. What Iam looking for is to tweak the game to the point where one is able to carry out night surfaced attacks as in real life they did.
The gauges look great by the way :)

gezahu 05-10-17 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483254)
I can't suggest anything because I haven't figured out where to look...
I agree that surface hydro capabilities of warships should be tweaked a bit when I learn how, but disabling it completely wouldn't be quite realistic IMO. Even German GHG hydrophone apparatus could listen for traffic while surfaced because receivers were still placed well below waterline. :yep: This ability is currently disabled in game but I may bring it back on after some testing, just to make things even...:yep:

Wel I played with AIsensors gr2 and sim. Changeing the max height of the sensor to more than 10 does the trick (all hydropone class sensors must be changed some 18of them): they dont hear me on the surface. However the hearing completelly dissappears not gradually.

Do you know where to tweak battery recharge times?

vdr1981 05-10-17 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483374)
Wel I played with AIsensors gr2 and sim. Changeing the max height of the sensor to more than 10 does the trick (all hydropone class sensors must be changed some 18of them): they dont hear me on the surface. However the hearing completely disappears not gradually.

That's good to know. It remains to be seen will this cause any unwanted AI issues since this feature was intentionally introduced by TDW and his IRAI mod.


Quote:

Do you know where to tweak battery recharge times?
Submarines .sim files/unit_Submarine/Ranges/Submerged

The trick is that you have to reduce submerged range in order to shorten batteries recharging time, which is not good but that's how all SH games are codded...
For TWoS I chose to use more realistic submerged range with somewhat increased bat. recharging time.

gezahu 05-10-17 07:40 AM

I was thinking if in crew special abilities in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Silent Hunter 5\data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

specialabilities.cfg

this entry:

[SpecialAbility 7]
ID=Ability-Reduce-Battery-Recharge
NameDisplayable=Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Name
Description=Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Description, Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Description, Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Description, Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Description, Ability-Reduce-Battery-Consume-Description
Levels= 3
AbilityType=BatteryConsume ; -vdr1981
AbilityValue= -30, -33, -35

the ability value refers to the reduction in time like 30 33 35 percent respectivelly?

vdr1981 05-10-17 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2483392)

the ability value refers to the reduction in time like 30 33 35 percent respectivelly?

Yes, reduction in battery discharge time or increased battery capacity...

gezahu 05-10-17 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2483401)
Yes, reduction in battery discharge time or increased battery capacity...

I played with the values and if I reduce discharge time in turn it increases recharge time. So it doesnt do what it says, actually quite opposite: instead of faster recharge times you get more capacity and longer recharge if you add this ability to your engine man. What I am looking for is to decrease recharge time to 4-6 hours (somewhere read that t was the case not 12-17 hours) without messing with discharge.

I tested the game and the engine man fully updated you can cruise 130 km at 4 knots on a full charge the real value is 166km (90nm) according to uboat.net.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.