SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

excel4004 03-30-16 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393781)
A question. Is there a way to change the keyboard commands? I'm used to move around using the arrow keys.

I use this tool (SH Keymapper), it works great! You can define all available commands to the place you want to.

For example, i added a quick keyboard command for "nearest visual contact". :up:

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4715

Subwolf 03-30-16 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2393819)
I use this tool (SH Keymapper), it works great! You can define all available commands to the place you want to.

For example, i added a quick keyboard command for "nearest visual contact". :up:

Link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4715

Excellent :)

I'll try this one, didn't feel like messing with commands.cfg after sticking my nose in there.

palmic 03-30-16 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393808)
:haha:

You can say the same thing about auto TDC, since the 1WO normally did the calculations when using the UZO, and not the kaleun. So if you use it, realistic enough, because you just asked him to get the readings :03:

Yeah exactly, but not in one second, it will take some time :)

Sjizzle 03-31-16 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2393816)
I agree with Subwolf it makes no sense not to use the arrow keys when moving about, and W_A_S_D where did that come from?
Probably some nob at Ubisoft with a sick sense of humor.
Peter

WASD key are used almost in all games they are very handy ....the arrow key are a bit harder and not that handy to use them ......

in FS or FSX it's also WASD the moving keys
in any FPS, RPG, MMORPG games moving keys are also WASD for some good reason above does keys are are the number key and u can switch really fast weapons, skill using the number keys..... also shift is for running in almost all games and u no need to move your hand at all to run u press with the small finger shift.... space is for jump in almost all game and u can use thumb finger to jump without moving your hand ....

with arrow keys is really pain in the ass to play game this is my opinion only don't take it personally.

Sjizzle 03-31-16 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2393810)
Hi Sjizzle
Another one of those mysteries.
Sweet FX will not load.
Historical Missions ctd on loading.
Peter

that sweet FX is still a mystery for me too why doesn't work for u i don't have any logical explanation or fix....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393814)
Thanks, but orders are no additional mods if you use WoS. Unless they can approve it, I wont take any chances.

u can use that key command mods after twos cos it's overwrite only the command.cfg from the game.

JT1981 03-31-16 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2393659)
never save near ship, destroyed ship, convoys the game cos later u will get a corrupted save game and the game will crash ......

i have played 14 missions from 1939.Sep to1942.Nov,no ctd at all,,maybe i am lucky?

ThaFr0ggy 03-31-16 03:36 AM

Gameplay settings don't work

Hi,

I want to play the game with every realism setting, except no external camera and stabilize view, activated. So I set the realism preset to high and apply the changes. I then go to a historical mission to test if the settings work and they do. But if I load my campaign and lock on to a target, there will be a grey marker at the location of the enemy on the TAI map and if I fire a torpedo the event camera will appear. So I go back to the gameplay settings but the settings are still set to high realism. I checked the GameplaySettings.cfg too but it's the same as ingame.

I'm sorry for any language mistakes I made.

THE_MASK 03-31-16 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaFr0ggy (Post 2393863)
Hi,

I want to play the game with every realism setting, except no external camera and stabilize view, activated. So I set the realism preset to high and apply the changes. I then go to a historical mission to test if the settings work and they do. But if I load my campaign and lock on to a target, there will be a grey marker at the location of the enemy on the TAI map and if I fire a torpedo the event camera will appear. So I go back to the gameplay settings but the settings are still set to high realism. I checked the GameplaySettings.cfg too but it's the same as ingame.

I'm sorry for any language mistakes I made.

You can only change realism settings for the campaign when starting a new career and in the bunker afaik .

ThaFr0ggy 03-31-16 04:54 AM

Okay, I will try that.

vdr1981 03-31-16 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2393560)
Hi Vecko
Updated to patch 9 from patch 7 in the bunker.
Both charts showing in patch 7 ok.
Combined speed charts do not show anywhere in patch 9?

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2393810)
Hi Sjizzle
Another one of those mysteries.
Sweet FX will not load.
Historical Missions ctd on loading.
Peter

I dont know what have you done with your game again Peter, but combined speed charts are there.
http://s6.postimg.org/lfmqt7izx/SH5_...1_12_08_22.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2393641)
Too deep draft vessels NDE_River, NFF_Black_Swan, NFF_Black_Swan_Stork. Floods the rear deck (screen: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
EDIT: Strange behavior: after loading a savegame - it's okay. Restart savegame again - the bug with draft here again...:hmmm:

When you see ships like those that probably means that they have received damage in some previos AIvsAI engagement, or collision...or something...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2393747)
Bug: NAO_Dithmarschen (NOL_Dale) has the wrong distant LOD (all black ship): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thank you for your effort Vova. I'm already aware of almost all small glitches like those and when I learn how sone of them can be solved, I solve it. Never tried to fix this one though...Do you have the solution/fix maybe? :hmm2:

vdr1981 03-31-16 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2393636)
but you cannot save game if you have ship nearby dont you?
This is strongly recommended by TWOS readme.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT1981 (Post 2393643)
you can save,i always save game when some ships nearby,it is ok,and no error at all,,i even saved game when a large convey nearby....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2393659)
never save near ship, destroyed ship, convoys the game cos later u will get a corrupted save game and the game will crash ......

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT1981 (Post 2393861)
i have played 14 missions from 1939.Sep to1942.Nov,no ctd at all,,maybe i am lucky?

Actually, unlike SH3, almost 99% gamesaves made with AI units in your rendering area will work just fine. :yep:
I also frequently save my game in home port, before the attack with units in sight, friendly units i sight ect...
However, that "1 %" still remains and because of that I like to have few previous "safe"gamesaves in my pocket as a backup if something goes wrong. SH gamesaves are very, very complex...
I learned from my experience that gamesaves will become corrupted in situations when certain "bugged" units are present in the area, like damaged or more likely destroyed unit which doesn't want to sink (not always but sometimes) and especially over spawned airplanes bug (this one will corrupt gamesave for sure).

This bug can be recognized by sudden excessive game lag and FPS drop some time after convoy engagement and player can also spot in the area large airplanes formations with 10-20 airplanes or more. It can look impressive but saving game near these formations will most likely brake the gamesave.

Fortunately, these situations are not so common and if you have few "backup" gamesave in spare, effect on gameplay is minimal... :yep:

Saving and reloading the game when "sticky destroyer" occurs or in home port when orange anchor icon fail to pop-up are perfectly safe...

I hope this will make things more clear...

UPDATE
I think I have found functional solution for occasional corrupted game saves due to airplanes overspawn and probably other bugs in players rendering area...:yep:

Namely, one only have to delete "Special.txt" file from the gamesave folder (...Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\0000000*). The corrupted gamesave will become functional again...

It seems that this file contains data about current situation in players rendering area and if the game is saved in "wrong moment", the file will become corrupted.
By deleting it, all bugged units will be removed and player will be able to continue campaign...:yep:

excel4004 03-31-16 06:21 AM

Thanks for the infos Vecka! :salute:

:subsim:

THEBERBSTER 03-31-16 06:22 AM

Hi Vecko
I did a re-install to start a new campaign (Realistic) with patch 7
Changed the game option settings to 86% (No external view and no stabilize view) to get used to real navigation for the Baltic Operation.
Back in the bunker changed to patch 9 and using the bunker game save changed the game play options to 100%.
I can see the combined speed chart in the User Charts folder both in SH5\data\UserCharts and TWOS\data\UserCharts but it does not show in the game.

The individual charts worked in patch 7 ok so I cannot see what I have done wrong as the only change I have made is the patch updatte.
Reading the posts I am not the only one who has this problem.

As I said previously Sweet FX does not work, Historical Missions always a ctd on loading regardless of how often I re-install, and now no speed charts.
I do not think that I have done or am currently doing anything wrong that is causing these problems.

Peter.

vova78 03-31-16 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2393870)
Do you have the solution/fix maybe? :hmm2:

I think the problem in NAO_Dithmarschen_LOD.GR2. I am currently looking into this.

THEBERBSTER 03-31-16 06:24 AM

Hi zippy fingers, I mean Sjizzle lol.
I did not realize the keyboard could be that intense.
No offense taken by the way:)
Peter