SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 03-30-16 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2393775)
Is the Irfanview programme causing the problem?
Peter

irfanview has nothing to do with the game
hmmmm that's really strange hpw doesn't work for u .....

Subwolf 03-30-16 04:21 PM

A question. Is there a way to change the keyboard commands? I'm used to move around using the arrow keys.

Sjizzle 03-30-16 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393781)
A question. Is there a way to change the keyboard commands? I'm used to move around using the arrow keys.

yup u can change them if u know how to edit command.cfg file

dungeonBird 03-30-16 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393776)
How about a mod to enable this for those who want it? To avoid any mistakes.:

there seem to be even a way to do it in editor but it did not work for me so far. :hmmm:

Sjizzle how can i make the whole game brighter as it is in original SH5?

Subwolf 03-30-16 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2393784)
yup u can change them if u know how to edit command.cfg file

Ok thanks, I'll take a look in there.

Sjizzle 03-30-16 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonBird (Post 2393786)
there seem to be even a way to do it in editor but it did not work for me so far. :hmmm:

what u mean brighter ? the night is too dark for u ???
it's not realistic at all to have brighter night to see miles away.....on the sea when is no moon or is covered by clouds is damn dark almost to pitch black :D
and adding an extra mod to make the night brighter i really don't suggest u cos u will cause same game instability issue....

DieReeperbahn 03-30-16 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subwolf (Post 2393781)

Try this
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1553

dungeonBird 03-30-16 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2393791)
what u mean brighter ? the night is too dark for u ???
it's not realistic at all to have brighter night to see miles away.....on the sea when is no moon or is covered by clouds is damn dark almost to pitch black :D
and adding an extra mod to make the night brighter i really don't suggest u cos u will cause same game instability issue....

well yeah but if you check regular SH 5 it was still okay. dark but okay.

palmic 03-30-16 05:09 PM

Subwolf: harbour pilot is very realistic too because as kaleun you just say navigator bring us out of port and let me know ;-)

Subwolf 03-30-16 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonBird (Post 2393786)

That's why I suggested a mod for the auto targeting, since the game doesn't seem to pick up all changes in the editor. Could try to disable and re-enable all mods after editing.

As Sjizzle says, you don't see a damn thing on a cloudy night at sea. Just like reality. But is your display brightness at 100%? Also your screen should be in vertical position, dark colors will become even darker if it's not.

Subwolf 03-30-16 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2393799)
Subwolf: harbour pilot is very realistic too because as kaleun you just say navigator bring us out of port and let me know ;-)

:haha:

You can say the same thing about auto TDC, since the 1WO normally did the calculations when using the UZO, and not the kaleun. So if you use it, realistic enough, because you just asked him to get the readings :03:

THEBERBSTER 03-30-16 05:43 PM

Hi Sjizzle
Another one of those mysteries.
Sweet FX will not load.
Historical Missions ctd on loading.
Peter

Subwolf 03-30-16 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieReeperbahn (Post 2393796)

Thanks, but orders are no additional mods if you use WoS. Unless they can approve it, I wont take any chances.

THEBERBSTER 03-30-16 06:17 PM

I agree with Subwolf it makes no sense not to use the arrow keys when moving about, and W_A_S_D where did that come from?
Probably some nob at Ubisoft with a sick sense of humor.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 03-30-16 06:31 PM

As far as I am concerned you can keep your auto pilot.
One of the enjoyments of this game for me is taking the boat out or when coming in, standing on the bridge and navigating in real time for maybe half an hour or even an hour until I reach the bunker or I am clear of the harbor and buoys.

How about trying a heavy foggy night to bring your boat in to Kiel to the bunker entrance in real time with just using the buoys and your wits for navigating without damaging your boat?

If you use the Skagerrak exit instead of the Kiel canal on your way to EBCW you might also bag yourself some Polish merchants as a bonus.
Peter