SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 11-08-15 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2356552)
Hello again
I reinstall the game to skip the tutorial, this time i follow all steps carefully
Open game and see the menu but when start a new campaing to save, then the screen it' s corrupted
I see the screen full with, what seems, big letters of differents colors and thru the letters i see the bunker even i can move my point of view, but as i say it's plenty of letters
Need your help
Thanks

A screenshot would help tracking down your problem. For a start, have you updated the game to the latest version? Main menu's upper right corner should read v 1.2.

THEBERBSTER 11-08-15 05:45 AM

Hi EG

Did you do this?
Post #5 Just Finished Installing SH5 > Do This Now

The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

Peter

elder_gutknecht 11-08-15 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Version itīs 1.2, the strange itīs that the first time i install the game i didnīt change the completedtutorial from false to true and the game works fine, but i must to play the tutorial
Thanks

Attachment 1605

Sjizzle 11-08-15 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2356565)
Version itīs 1.2, the strange itīs that the first time i install the game i didnīt change the completedtutorial from false to true and the game works fine, but i must to play the tutorial
Thanks

Attachment 1605

first time when i see this mess.... are u sure that u didn't change anything else in .cfg file ?????
what mod list do u have ?

THEBERBSTER 11-08-15 06:39 AM

HI EG
Quote:

but i must to play the tutorial
If you re-installed your game but did not uninstall the documents \SH5 folder
then your tutorial is already still showing "true" when you start a new career.

No, you do not need to start the tutorial again as you should see the message "skip tutorial".

Peter

vdr1981 11-08-15 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2356502)
Hi Vecko

Are there any plans to upgrade the Wasserbomben_SoundFix__Basic_1.1 mod to Wasserbomben_SoundFix_1.2_E50

Peter

No because I'm not quite satisfied how it works...I use previous version of this mod which is much better and less annoying IMO...

elder_gutknecht 11-08-15 07:59 AM

Problem resolved, start an historical mission, play a lot of time without problem, then exit to menu and start a new campaign and now all works fine
Thanks all

vdr1981 11-08-15 10:39 AM

And finally, for all those "I hate reading instructions" captains out there, Sheafer has created full video tutorial on how install the game and the modpack. It really cant be easier than this...

Sheafer (aka TheNorseCast) has invested a lot of work in it and this is reason enough to nominate the man for "The most useful member of the year" award. I have already nominated Gap for this year, so I probably cant do it, but anyone else can...:yep:

Tutorial: How to install The Wolves Of Steel Megamod!
Like it
Subscribe
Share it
Share it
Share it...:yep:

gap 11-08-15 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2356645)
Sheafer has created full video tutorial on how install the game and the modpack.

Well done Shaefer!

Quote:

Sheafer (aka TheNorseCast) has invested a lot of work in it and this is reason enough to nominate the man for "The most useful member of the year" award. I have already nominated Gap for this year, so I probably cant do it, but anyone else can...:yep:

I am not a moderator, but I think you can propose as many nominations as you want even for the same haward. :up:

vdr1981 11-08-15 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2356657)
Well done Shaefer!

I am not a moderator, but I think you can propose as many nominations as you want even for the same haward. :up:

Hmmm, we'll have tough competition this year, I guess...:O:

THEBERBSTER 11-08-15 11:47 AM

Hi Vecko & Shaefer

I have added the installation tutorial to my welcome post and in my tutorials download section.

Peter

gap 11-08-15 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2356663)
Hmmm, we'll have tough competition this year, I guess...:O:

If you ask me, this year and as far as SH5 is concerned, MaMa is the one who deserved that award more than anyone else. No detriment meant to Shaefer or myself :)

vdr1981 11-08-15 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2356678)
If you ask me, this year and as far as SH5 is concerned, MaMa is the one who deserved that award more than anyone else. No detriment meant to Shaefer or myself :)

You humble man...:D

Shaefer 11-08-15 12:27 PM

Thanks everyone.
A video tutorial was long overdue, to use Peter`s words. Many are struggling with installing this correct, and might give up on SH 5 before they get to try it and experience the game the way it is meant to be played.
If a short video can help people install this with ease, then mission accomplished, because more people will find out that this is a ****ing awesome game...:yep:

Quote:

And finally, for all those "I hate reading instructions" captains out there, Sheafer has created full video tutorial on how install the game and the modpack. It really cant be easier than this...

Well, you honor me when you start talking about nominations and rewards, but you seem to forget that I got help from Peter and from you, without that help this video would never happen.
And there is so many people here that sits for hour upon hour crunching code, making mods, doing 3d modelling so on and so forth.
We just show how to install all that.. reap the rewards of everyone else's hard work :yep:

vdr1981 11-08-15 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2356685)
Thanks everyone.
A video tutorial was long overdue, to use Peter`s words. Many are struggling with installing this correct, and might give up on SH 5 before they get to try it and experience the game the way it is meant to be played.
If a short video can help people install this with ease, then mission accomplished, because more people will find out that this is a ****ing awesome game...:yep:

Well, you honor me when you start talking about nominations and rewards, but you seem to forget that I got help from Peter and from you, without that help this video would never happen.
And there is so many people here that sits for hour upon hour crunching code, making mods, doing 3d modelling so on and so forth.
We just show how to install all that.. reap the rewards of everyone else's hard work :yep:

We are ALL humble today! :D