SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-14-14 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174727)
Sure, send them :up:

Cant wait to see your work ! :D

OK, the picture is in the attachment...

And here are the moders...I have probable missed someone (don't be angry please :)), if you remember if anyone was included in mods development please add them...

Code:

TheDarkWraith, SteelViking, Ailantd, Captain America, Entheberge, gap, Paris England, Pintea, sober, stoianm, Stormfly, volodya61, W clear, yano1966, The Beast, Vecko(vdr1981), Tscharlii, radcapricorn, Naights, Sjizzle, Sober, Xrundel, Cerberus62, SkyBaron, Trevally, Rongel, Church, Husksubskys, Athlonic, archer9,  tonschk, Pintea, Nozaurio, macardigan, Cybermat47, Nauticalwolf  and many many others...

gap 02-14-14 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2174735)
Cant wait to see your work ! :D

hehe I will start working on it tomorrow, but don't expect too much: your poster is quite good already, and improving it won't be easy :salute:

P.S: should I retain the exact same wording as the original poster? Any suggestion by some inspired native English-speaking member? :)

vdr1981 02-14-14 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174746)
hehe I will start working on it tomorrow, but don't expect too much: your poster is quite good already, and improving it won't be easy :salute:

P.S: should I retain the exact same wording as the original poster? Any suggestion by some inspired native English-speaking member? :)

No need to hurry. Do it what ever you like, I have full confidence in you gap!:up:

Gammelpreusse 02-15-14 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2174362)
My pleasure! :up:

Waith, you said you have regular CTD's even with this
megamod?:hmmm: Can you be more precise please?

I already tried to pinpoint it, but it just happens randomly. In former times it was the usual apporach home harbor problem, but curiously that does not give any problems now.

It's just at sea randomly crashing every couple hours now, night, day, with ships around, or without, with time compression or without, just suddenly game quits. But given that's what Silent Hunter V was always like on my system, I won't complain.

I have not updated to your latest version yet, though (never change a "running" system, hehe).

602Sqn_Puff 02-15-14 12:12 PM

Still having problems mate, fresh install and followed your instructions to the letter. It will still not let me use alternative speed controls to set the boats speed to anything other than the ahead slow, ahead one third etc.

As soon as I change speed using the control key and clicking with the mouse on the speed, the message box shows the speed I ask for, the crew respond with the speed I ask for, but the boat refuses to slow down/speed up.

Hope someone can help here because I getting frustrated with this..add to that the inability to use the scroll to change heading..I change mods up and these functions both work :(

vdr1981 02-15-14 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gammelpreusse (Post 2175046)

It's just at sea randomly crashing every couple hours now, night, day, with ships around, or without, with time compression or without, just suddenly game quits. But given that's what Silent Hunter V was always like on my system, I won't complain.

What is PC configuration? Try to save and reload (with exiting from game compleatly) the game at least once in 1-2 days of simulation time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff (Post 2173777)
On surface, both shafts and engines running. Will go to any speed when ordered but not when I use alt speed selection to select the speed in knots.
EDIT: seems to be working now?? will test further and report back

Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff (Post 2175065)

As soon as I change speed using the control key and clicking with the mouse on the speed, the message box shows the speed I ask for, the crew respond with the speed I ask for, but the boat refuses to slow down/speed up.

Hope someone can help here because I getting frustrated with this..add to that the inability to use the scroll to change heading..I change mods up and these functions both work :(

I'm sorry but I can't reproduce nothing similar...:hmmm: But I don't get it? You said that speed command problem has been solved from some reason ? What happen? Is this unique case, anyone else experiencing something similar?

602Sqn_Puff 02-15-14 01:03 PM

I'll do my best to help you out, I think this mod is fantastic :)

Gammelpreusse 02-15-14 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175071)
What is PC configuration? Try to save and reload (with exiting from game compleatly) the game at least once in 1-2 days of simulation time...

Got an I5-2500 (4x3.3GHz)
Geforce GTX 760
8 Gigs RAM

Should be plenty of power.

That said, I have the same problem as Puff in that the Boat does not accept commands. This only happens when some sort of time compression is active, though.

I have acouple of other problems as well, though I do not think those are related to your Mod.
For example, the actual seefloor never matches the visals, I always hit bottom long before I reach teh visible seafloor. I also can't use the seabed to place the boat there, even with no peed whatsoever I take constant damage. This means once you have flooding, the boat is doomed no matter what.
Also, and this is a major bugger, despite seeing the target clearly in the scopes, I often cant log it in, which prevents me from being able to identify the target and use the Stadimeter.
But as I said, I think those probs are engine related, not your mods, so I guess I gotta live with it.

gap 02-15-14 01:46 PM

Today and yesterday I started working on a possible new logo for The Wolves of Steel. I have prepared three proposals so far. All of them bring the name of the mod engraved on a bolted steel plate, the way many emblems were fitted on u-boats' conning towers. The fonts selected are different varieties of the Jack-boot Helvetica, member of the family of Fraktur typefaces, often seen on Nazi poropaganda posters and also used for conning tower mottos. End of the similarities.

The first logo takes inspiration from the "teeth" originally mentioned by the mod subtitle. The steel plate brings three scars (similar to the ones commonly associated to Wolverine), supposedly originating from the said teeth. With a bit of fantasy, they can also be seen as a set of bllody waves :arrgh!: Font used: Tannenberg Fett


http://imageshack.com/a/img594/5194/fcun.png


I took the freedom to slightly modify the mod name for the second logo proposal; from The Wolves of Steel to The Iron Wolves. The logo brings a rounded version of the Iron Cross, and the subtitle phrase was modified accordingly to "dare to be an hero", obviously referred to the German decaration. Font used: Postdam.

http://imageshack.com/a/img546/5780/1njo.png

possible controversies:

- the name "Iron Wolves" is shorter and (imo) more threnchant than the original "Wolves of Steel", nonetheless it has already been used in many circumastances, most notably by a Lithuanian fascist movemen and for an old submarine simulation

- I ignore if the iron cross, similar to the swastika, can be considered offensive in some countries.


The third and last logo proposal displays a periscope sight with a convoy in sight and a ship on flames. The subtitle phrase reads "the hunting has started" thus creating a connection with the title of the SH series and with the same idea of an hunting wolves. Originally I had thought of another phrase; "your scope, our hope", wich played with the ambiguity of the word "(peri-)scope" in English, but then I realized that had the Nazists won the war, our world would have been a wort place, which is exactly the opposite of "hope" ;) Font used: Koch Fette Deutsche Schrift

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/7091/7b1k.png

What do you, Vecko and TWoS lovers, think? I am open to criticism and suggestions :salute:

Sjizzle 02-15-14 04:43 PM

whoop awesome work gap :up:

ZAGOR64BZ 02-15-14 06:12 PM

:up: Great logos...I really like the "Iron Wolves" one.
Personally, I'll like to see it with the subtitle phrase "You're the hunter...they're the prey" and, if I may suggest, you could use it for the :D possible release of the "magui" interface version of the supermod?:yeah:

vdr1981 02-15-14 06:14 PM

Great job Gap, No 3 is my favorite! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2175082)

possible controversies:

- the name "Iron Wolves" is shorter and (imo) more threnchant than the original "Wolves of Steel", nonetheless it has already been used in many circumastances, most notably by a Lithuanian fascist movemen and for an old submarine simulation

I'm not sure about this, this is exactly the reason why I've decided not to go with "The Iron Wolves" designation. I also have thoughts for "The Steel Wolves" but is sounds to much like Steel Beast... :)

How about to add some old camera effects to periscope view ?

gap 02-15-14 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2175133)
whoop awesome work gap :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175151)
:up: Great logos...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175152)
Great job Gap

Thank you guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175151)
I really like the "Iron Wolves" one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175152)
No 3 is my favorite!

Okay, I will keep updating the three of them until we decide which one is better suited for Vecko's megamod :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175151)
Personally, I'll like to see it with the subtitle phrase "You're the hunter...they're the prey" and, if I may suggest,

In my opinion your phrase is better suited for the logo n. 3 :hmm2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZAGOR64BZ (Post 2175151)
you could use it for the :D possible release of the "magui" interface version of the supermod?:yeah:

The decision is on Vecko :03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175152)
I'm not sure about this, this is exactly the reason why I've decided not to go with "The Iron Wolves" designation. I also have thoughts for "The Steel Wolves" but is sounds to much like Steel Beast... :)

The Steel Wolves sounds very good to me :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2175152)
How about to add some old camera effects to periscope view ?

Good idea :up:
I will add some chromatic aberration to it. What about the font and the plate texture? Which one do you prefer? Those are freely interchangeable.

icthird623 02-16-14 07:06 AM

CTD
 
VDR 1981
Just a heads up (Not a Complaint.) Tried WOS V1 and was getting ctd's every once in awhile. Not often enough to be a real problem. Seemed to happen when I would open the map or change views nothing consistent. Don't know what was causing it.
I Really like the mod
I loaded up V 2, your instructions for both Versions are great.
V 2 crashed every time I attempted to submerge. I think it was a depth change problem. I added your mod setup several at a time and tested after each change until I found what appears to be causing the CTD

When I removed EMCCD v0.3.1 by archer 9 the problem disappeared.
Maybe this information will help.

vdr1981 02-16-14 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icthird623 (Post 2175283)
VDR 1981
Just a heads up (Not a Complaint.)
I loaded up V 2, your instructions for both Versions are great.
V 2 crashed every time I attempted to submerge. I think it was a depth change problem. I added your mod setup several at a time and tested after each change until I found what appears to be causing the CTD

When I removed EMCCD v0.3.1 by archer 9 the problem disappeared.
Maybe this information will help.

Huh, that sounds like a lot of work...

So your game CTD when you try to submerge? Which command? Command menu from first officer or via panel from the left side of the screen?

Could you tell me exactly what should I do in order to replicate that CTD?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.