SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Akula 06-04-15 07:40 AM

Thanks vdr1981

I only have the default mods installed.

So JGSME Reads:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 -Patch 5_Hotfix 2
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 -TWD Real Navigation

I have not edited any files apart from the cfg files as per the instructions.

Is there anything I need to take a look at?

How do you normally get out of the briefing screen?

Thanks,
G

vdr1981 06-04-15 07:51 AM

What about game version, is it patched to v1.2.0?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akula (Post 2318655)

How do you normally get out of the briefing screen?

Thanks,
G

Escape key or slightly visible x mark on upper left corner of nav map screen...

Akula 06-04-15 07:53 AM

Thanks, escape did not work for me. I assume that the mission blocks should also not be cut off at the maps edge.

I think I will try and setup everything from scratch again.

kevinsue 06-04-15 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2318616)
Hi Kevin

Thanks for the reply.

Am I right in thinking the OFEV can be enabled either inside TWOS or as a stand alone outside of SH5 by using the same file paths that you showed?

If I change the OFEV settings with the TWOS mods disabled does this keep the changes rather than losing them at a later time if the mods are disabled?

I understand with the Generic File Patcher that the mods need to be enabled before activating the Patcher?

In theory can a stand alone GFP be activated from outside SH5 when used with TWOS?

I realize that the Snapshot gps file included with TWOS is needed.

Peter

I usually run the Generic Patcher from the desktop or you can run it from anywhere that takes your fancy. Just put a shortcut on the desktop and once you do it the first time, opening it up and changing things is a piece of cake. :yep: The GFP is autonomous so you can install anytime but I usually do it first.

The Options File Editor Viewer can be done before or after New UIs is installed but I prefer to do make my adjustments on the fly during the first half of the patrol normally, as you try different things until you get it set up as you want it.

If you do it this way just remember to make a copy of your C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and overwrite the one in the original mod C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\The Wolves of Steel 1.03\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py so that you retain your changes if you unistall the mod then reinstall.

Here's a link that discusses the various scenarios with the OFEV ~ http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1752

kevinsue 06-04-15 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akula (Post 2318658)
Thanks, escape did not work for me. I assume that the mission blocks should also not be cut off at the maps edge.

I think I will try and setup everything from scratch again.

Just make sure your game Graphics Setting on the Game interface is set to the same as your Desktop resolution before you do anything too drastic. :yep:

JustFox 06-04-15 09:44 AM

Link on patch doesn't work.

vdr1981 06-04-15 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustFox (Post 2318691)

It does...

kevinsue 06-04-15 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustFox (Post 2318691)

Which one. :06:

Equilax 06-04-15 11:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2318652)
What mission line? Tonnage bar maybe? Small crosses are disabled also because they don't mean anything for campaign progress and individual macro objectives. Show me your Campaign.cfg file from your latest gamesave so I could see exactly what is going on with your campaign and in the mean time you can check readme documentation for No stupid tonnage bar-free style campaign OHII addon...

Yes the tonnage bar, sorry for my bad English.
This is how look like the map when i try to request a new mission in the bunker, date is 12 dec
http://i60.tinypic.com/11cdslv.jpg
Attached the Campaign.cfg and CampaignProgress.cfg files.
Thank you

vdr1981 06-04-15 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Equilax (Post 2318710)
Yes the tonnage bar, sorry for my bad English.
This is how look like the map when i try to request a new mission in the bunker, date is 12 dec
http://i60.tinypic.com/11cdslv.jpg
Attached the Campaign.cfg and CampaignProgress.cfg files.
Thank you

Accordion to this you didn't restart fresh campaign after you enabled hotfix2 + you have probably forgot to save/reload the game first time you entered bunker in Memel, right?

No solution other than you should delete all your gamesaves and start new campaign. You can put "Change days in bunker" mod to a good use to skip some time if you like...

THEBERBSTER 06-04-15 12:23 PM

Hi Kevin

Thanks yet again.

I have both the GFP and OFEV as stand alones.

I found it practical to do the OFEV first then enable the mods and activate the GFP.

Regarding the OFEV settings, luckily I am pretty well settled with these.

I use IfranView and have a OFEV folder that I keep a copy of all the patch tab settings so I can see what I have changed without having to open the OFEV.

Irfranview sample from my OFEV folder
http://i61.tinypic.com/2lkb23s.jpg

Peter

THEBERBSTER 06-04-15 12:25 PM

Hi vecko

Sometime I cannot see the woods for the trees.

At my age you are just glad to wake up in the morning lol.

Peter

Equilax 06-04-15 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2318719)
Accordion to this you didn't restart fresh campaign after you enabled hotfix2 + you have probably forgot to save/reload the game first time you entered bunker in Memel, right?

No solution other than you should delete all your gamesaves and start new campaign. You can put "Change days in bunker" mod to a good use to skip some time if you like...

I guess it's like you say, i'll give the last chance to this game with a new installation, if don't work it mean is not good for me.
Thank you for your time.

This mod is really great but the installation is more frustrating than play Sh5. All my friends see my screenshot in steam and want to play the mod too but just 2 try to install it and 0 can play the mod, i hope in future the installation will be more friendly so we can finally play it.

veenee 06-04-15 03:02 PM

Hi,

How can I make these mods active in my WoS?

NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_No_Contact_Colors
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_No_Contact_Tails
NewUIs_TDC_3_9_3_Sub_Warship_Merchant_Same_Shape

Tried to find them to download separately, but couldn't - what am I missing? Are they part of additional package?

Cheers!

Akula 06-05-15 06:33 AM

User Charts Blank and speed indicator not chaning

Hi again....

I setup everything for scratch again, and managed to get myself out of the briefing screen. The x for my was almost invisible so I may not have seen that before.

My concern is that the user chart box is still blank and that the speed indicator sits on 0 even if I click on another value.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
G