SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

Bando 08-12-07 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
I just hope that enough of you experience that the file writer is stable and that the data is saved correctly. The more of you that test S3D succesfully, the better.

Here's some results from looking into the torpedo files:
In the torpedoes_US.sim file are most if not all dates screwed up. Figures like 3,080472E-38 are not (to me anyway) readable as dates. The detonating values of the torpedoes are huge numbers. I don't know if this is right, I don't think they're right. The order of data for the torpedoes can be written in the file. For example chunk 4 reads "amun_Torpedo", which I changed to "amun_Torpedomk10". The chunks are related to torps as follows: Chunk 3 = mk27, 5 = mk10, 7 = mk14, 9 = mk16, 11 = mk18, 13 = mk23.

Btw, in the zon file the order from top to bottom is mk 27 - 10 - 18 - 16 - 23 - 14.

The torpedo numbers can be saved in there, but with every update it would have to be done again. Maybe you're willing to put the names in there?? please sugar.....on top......please......

Anyway, hope this helps making this great tool even greater:up:

skwasjer 08-12-07 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bando
Here's some results from looking into the torpedo files:
In the torpedoes_US.sim file are most if not all dates screwed up. Figures like 3,080472E-38 are not (to me anyway) readable as dates. The detonating values of the torpedoes are huge numbers. I don't know if this is right, I don't think they're right. The order of data for the torpedoes can be written in the file. For example chunk 4 reads "amun_Torpedo", which I changed to "amun_Torpedomk10". The chunks are related to torps as follows: Chunk 3 = mk27, 5 = mk10, 7 = mk14, 9 = mk16, 11 = mk18, 13 = mk23.

Btw, in the zon file the order from top to bottom is mk 27 - 10 - 18 - 16 - 23 - 14.

The torpedo numbers can be saved in there, but with every update it would have to be done again. Maybe you're willing to put the names in there?? please sugar.....on top......please......

Anyway, hope this helps making this great tool even greater:up:

I'll have a look at the incorrect data types. It's no big problem. It's an example of incorrect automatic data type detection. This can be overruled by defining the data type in the xml configuration file of S3D, although I haven't got a date type implemented yet. I'll add it to next update... For now, just use the file offset indicated and modify it with a hex editor.

As far as labels/names, that's up to the modder to decide. I won't implement anything to change labels/names.

Unrelated to above, some other new info: I've made a test project which scans the entire data directory for all readable files (multithreaded - up to 10 files simultaneously). It took my (new) pc just 65 secs to scan all 2002 files for id's (avg. 30 files/sec). In some future release (don't know when yet), S3D will get a seperate module which you can use to find an id. :)

DirtyHarry3033 08-12-07 07:08 PM

Quote:

I just hope that enough of you experience that the file writer is stable and that the data is saved correctly. The more of you that test S3D succesfully, the better.

Well I'm not a "modder", I'm almost smart enough to mod a hamburger into a cheeseburger :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Making an intelligent mod to SH4 is totally beyond my abilities...

But I used Silent 3ditor today for the 1st time and made some mods to sergbuto's Cameras.dat in his 1st/3rd person bridge cam mod, trying to get rid of the "jerky" mouse movements and it worked perfect!!!! Did exactly what I wanted, and no ill side-effects at all.

I think you've done a great thing here, skwasjer, if a moron like me can use it and get the result he was after, and not trash the game totally, then you've obviously done it right! :rock:

Thanks!

DH

tater 08-12-07 07:08 PM

It would be nice if there was a way to have a remarks field that was not stored in the actual file, but in a user file that would link the remarks to the filename that was worked on, and the part of the file.

That way anyone who works out what is what can share it easily.

Not sure if that makes sense.

tater

Kaleun_Endrass 08-13-07 01:43 PM

Quote:

Didn't know SH was avail for mac, or are you just modding on a mac, or is that just a mac-skin for windows :hmm: :smug:

Itīs a MAC OSX skin (Flyakite) for windows Iīm using...;)

CaptainCox 08-14-07 04:55 AM

@skwasjer, would this be possible to do?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...54&postcount=4

Cheers!

skwasjer 08-14-07 05:21 AM

Yes, it is possible. It was also asked some weeks ago I think... I've already had that in my mind for a long time, but due to complexity (S3D is a bit more complex that other tools around :) ), I do not really want to spend time on it right now.

It's basically an undo/redo mechanism. Maybe I'll build one after the other priorities are implemented, and the program is stable enough to be beta. :up:

CaptainCox 08-14-07 05:54 AM

Of course!. I think you are absolutely right about the priorities. I think a function like the text stuff could be implemented even much later...like a patch or update of the final release. You are doing great things with S3D man!

sergbuto 08-14-07 08:26 AM

Finally, I have been able to try the program out. It is very nice and handy to have a tool like that. Great work, thanks.

A couple of comments, suggestions if I may:

1. In present version all the nodes are represented by folders. There is no distinction between nodes which have or do not have daughter nodes. Therefore, to find that out, it is necessary to go through all the folders which is somewhat inconvenient.

2. Would be nice to be able to export a few chunks at once by selecting them with the help of Ctrl key.

skwasjer 08-14-07 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bando
The detonating values of the torpedoes are huge numbers. I don't know if this is right, I don't think they're right.

I don't know about this. I guess they are id's pointing to animations or sounds or something... Can someone confirm these values? (bombs.sim > amun_bomb/amun_DepthCharge/splash, bubbles, etc...)

The min_date/max_date will be fixed with next release.

skwasjer 08-14-07 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergbuto
Finally, I have been able to try the program out. It is very nice and handy to have a tool like that. Great work, thanks.

A couple of comments, suggestions if I may:

1. In present version all the nodes are represented by folders. There is no distinction between nodes which have or do not have daughter nodes. Therefore, to find that out, it is necessary to go through all the folders which is somewhat inconvenient.

2. Would be nice to be able to export a few chunks at once by selecting them with the help of Ctrl key.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind (it's added to my log). Not sure if/when I get to this... Probably a few versions ahead...

UBOAT234 08-14-07 02:09 PM

Skwasjer,

With regard to of the format of the construction file 3D, Bump and Occlusion, for import format, is necessary 3D Studio format?

skwasjer 08-14-07 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UBOAT234
Skwasjer,

With regard to of the format of the construction file 3D, Bump and Occlusion, for import format, is necessary 3D Studio format?

I'm still testing various formats (amongst which .3ds, .max, .ase, .obj), so I can't say for sure which will be supported right now.

Mraah 08-14-07 03:14 PM

Skwasjer,

I'm enjoying your new program ... thank you!!

I'm curious about looking into the SHController.ACT file. I'm looking for possible embedded images. I'm thinking the grid for the PPI radar scope is either located in this file or one of the DAT files for the conning tower. At the moment, the DAT files shows there are images there, although probably just parts of the conning tower images.

I'm looking forward to when you'll have the ability to view and import/export those embedded images.

Thanks again for your program!!

:ping: Mraah

sergbuto 08-14-07 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaleun_Endrass
Nice tool! I know itīs alot of work and time to develop such kind of progs.
I did one on my own but I donīt have the time to finish it.

Maybe you can make available what has been accomplished by now (including the source code) and maybe someone will be brave to pick it up and develop further.

UBOAT234 08-14-07 04:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Skwasjer,

I'm still testing various formats (amongst which .3ds, .max, .ase, .obj), so I can't say for sure which will be supported right now.

Many Thanks.

I have worked a lot with the .zon file.
I have noted, 3Ditor read in strange/revers mode, one bit for one bit from right on the left, the ID zone SH3ZonesCtrl

This is the chunk:
http://immagini.p2pforum.it/out.php/..._3ditor003.jpg

This is ID of the chunk:
http://immagini.p2pforum.it/out.php/..._3ditor002.jpg

And this is the reading of 3Ditor
http://immagini.p2pforum.it/out.php/..._3ditor001.jpg

Second demand:
Is possible add a windows with hex data of the chunk of the file opened?

I'm sorry for my bad English :oops:

Thanks for the interest

leovampire 08-14-07 05:44 PM

what download or vs are you supose to use for

net frame work to make this work? There are a lot of choices and options so what do you need exactly? I tryed one of them and your install didn't recognize it as being the correct vs.

SquareSteelBar 08-15-07 06:47 AM

Hi Skwasjer,

many THX for that really fine tool - it saves much of my time...:up:

One Q: is it possible to implement a clone function [changing IDs] like in Pack3D?

So long,
SquareSteelBar

skwasjer 08-15-07 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar
One Q: is it possible to implement a clone function [changing IDs] like in Pack3D?

For now, the only way to clone chunks is to export them, and import them back again (File > Export/Import > Raw chunk). Make sure to export with header, and when importing choose the 'insert' option. After import you'll have two identical chunks, so you have to change id's yourself...
Note: on import, nodes will be inserted before the selected node...

Quote:

Originally Posted by leovampire
net frame work to make this work? There are a lot of choices and options so what do you need exactly? I tryed one of them and your install didn't recognize it as being the correct vs.

My first post contains a link to the .NET 2 download. If you run Vista, .NET does not need to be installed. If you still have problems, post the error please...

Quote:

I have noted, 3Ditor read in strange/revers mode, one bit for one bit from right on the left, the ID zone SH3ZonesCtrl

Your hex shot shows how unsigned longs are written in binary, yes. However, when reading an unsigned long, the endianness determines how the byte sequence is read. Windows and from what I can tell, the game too (at least it does for 'ints', and 'shorts' as well) uses little endian order, so translated in my tool, the value reads in reverse.
Not sure about other tools, but most likely java tools use big endian, so the byte order is reversed. I guess I could add an option to show id's in big endian, but for certain values I would not be able to do this (because S3D does not know it deals with an id for instance in the 'properties' section). This will lead to more confusion than the way it is now. For now, I'll make sure this is noted in the documentation, and I'll think about further... Thanks.

Quote:

Second demand:
Is possible add a windows with hex data of the chunk of the file opened?

Lets make that a 'request' ;). It's already on my todo, however, will take a couple of versions before it will be implemented.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mraah
I'm looking forward to when you'll have the ability to view and import/export those embedded images.

If you are referring to an 'Embedded image' you can already export and import them. There should be two links on the right when you select an image chunk.

Thanks all, for the comments, they are noted and appreciated :up:

leovampire 08-15-07 05:17 PM

thanks for the reply skwasjer

but the link your S3D tool send you to has changed to a new one and when you go there it now gives you a ton of options on downloads. So through trial and error I ended up finding the one I needed.

But now that your tool is running I see that you did an awsome job thanks. Want any money for this BTW?