SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

ref 07-31-07 09:24 AM

Good work skwasjer!

Found a data problem, sometimes properties with the same name have different structures ie : Scale, sometimes is a single float value sometimes is a substructure (x,y,z float), like here:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7538/scenezu5.jpg

Please keep up, it's an important tool

Ref

skwasjer 07-31-07 09:49 AM

Yea, I'm aware of this, which is where one single xml config file comes in (you can define datatypes here which are used to open every file). This part of the tool however is still under development, so I do not recommend changing anything yet. If you find more properties with incorrect datatypes however, please keep posting them!!

[edit] The datatype for the property you mentioned is not yet implemented, but on the todo...

wetwarev7 07-31-07 09:57 AM

Very immpressive app :up:

pontius 07-31-07 11:51 AM

I have a problem with the installation.
I upgraded .Net 2 and DirectX, but when it says "Preparing to install.." the window just disappaers when the bar is near to the end.

EDIT: Working perfect now! Had problems with "Windows Installer".
Thanks for this tool mate!

Greetings,
pontius

UBOAT234 07-31-07 02:53 PM

A Very Big Work :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Compliments for the greatest job. Congratulations :up:

I have no words :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Bando 07-31-07 03:02 PM

Wow Skwasjer, greatEventhough edting and saving will arrive later, one can defenitely see the "building blocks" of the game. The blocks we all tried so hard to find when using the mini tweaker templates. Awesome work.Allready...........

Digital_Trucker 07-31-07 03:04 PM

:up: Excellent work, indeed! Thanks! This tool will definitely cut down on the :damn: involved in working with these files.

LukeFF 07-31-07 04:15 PM

(Envisions properly rendered Pearl Harbor and Midway landscapes).

:smug:

skwasjer 07-31-07 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bando
Wow Skwasjer, greatEventhough edting and saving will arrive later, one can defenitely see the "building blocks" of the game. The blocks we all tried so hard to find when using the mini tweaker templates. Awesome work.Allready...........

Editing and saving IS supported, but yea certain elements can not be modified yet. You can try to make changes of the things that I added UI controls for, save the file (make backups!), and see what happens. I see what you mean though, the features that you need the most are still not available. Rest assured, the property editor is coming soon (couple of days, time permitted of course). After that, models... :up:
Everyone, thanks for the positive notes. Enough with the kissups now :sunny:. I prefer feedback on the program, new feature ideas, bugreports.

[edit] The more it is tested, the more stable it will become (ala beta/final), and the sooner you can start using it on actual mods. Your choice...

kapitan_zur_see 07-31-07 06:52 PM

damn

SKWASJER, sorry to put it that rude way but...

****IN BRILLIANT

This is just awesome. PERIOD

Fearless 08-01-07 12:29 AM

All I can say is "WOoooW". Imagine being able to use this tool to impliment playable DDs BBs etc.:yep:

CaptainCox 08-01-07 04:59 AM

I found another little bug. When opening scene.dat I get
Quote:

The specified Type must not be a generic type definition.
Parameter name:t
Am i the only one with this?

DivingDuck 08-01-07 05:09 AM

Moin,

@CC:
no problem loading scene.dat here. No matter whether I try SHIII or SHIV scene.dat, it works pretty fine.

@Skwas:
I like the index building feature very, very much. Thanks. Waiting impatientely for the next stage to be released.

Regards,
DD

Bando 08-01-07 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCox
Quote:

Nope, I had exactly the same....

skwasjer 08-01-07 06:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Is it a stock scene.dat? Send me the file...

[edit] Sorry for the vague/weird message. I will rework the parse error messages asap so you can see where at which offset it trips... This info could then be used to modify the property definitions file...

skwasjer 08-01-07 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck
Moin,
I like the index building feature very, very much. Thanks. Waiting impatientely for the next stage to be released.

:up:

There are more things added/updated/fixed. Next release is not so far away (with edit function for properties added).

Ok, back to my RL work now ;)

[edit]Removed screenshot

Von Hinten 08-01-07 06:44 AM

I get it ... you want one of onkel Neal's T-Shirts ... don't you? :cool:

Just kidding of course, this some great tool.
Keep up the good work! :up:

Bando 08-01-07 07:12 AM

@ skwasher. Trying to open the scene.dat (heavily modified) I get the same message as CC.Question, would it be possible to select (in list mode) the handles you'd want to see, for ex. labels + properties in stead of all or only one?

mgbmike 08-01-07 07:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Same here.

skwasjer 08-01-07 08:09 AM

Someone upload it or mail it to me. It aint gonna get fixed if I don't have a file that I can check...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bando
Question, would it be possible to select (in list mode) the handles you'd want to see, for ex. labels + properties in stead of all or only one?

I'll see what I can do...