SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

UBOAT234 08-17-07 06:14 PM

"When DivingDuck is back, lets hope he can start work on it next to his other stuff"

Very Good! :sunny::sunny::sunny:

Anvart 08-18-07 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart
a) DispVal and RealVal not correct ... it's not X and Y ...
b) You have Display = Circular ...

a) ...
b) The .act says the property has an enum Circular, Linear. What's wrong with it then?

Look citate:
1) DispVal --->
struct {float MinDVal; float MaxDVal;},
Min and max dial display values (in degrees for circular dials or engine units for linear dials)...
2) RealVal --->
struct {float MinRVal; float MaxRVal;},
Min and max real values ...
:lol:

skwasjer 08-18-07 03:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:

a) DispVal and RealVal not correct ... it's not X and Y ...
b) You have Display = Circular ...

a) ...
b) The .act says the property has an enum Circular, Linear. What's wrong with it then?

Look citate:
1) DispVal --->
struct {float MinDVal; float MaxDVal;},
Min and max dial display values (in degrees for circular dials or engine units for linear dials)...
2) RealVal --->
struct {float MinRVal; float MaxRVal;},
Min and max real values ...
:lol:

I know ffs, look at the screenshot again (deja vu) :doh:

It has:
  • Display { Circular, Display }
  • DispVal (vector2, for now a substitute)
  • RealVal (vector2, for now a substitute)
So again, what do I have wrong? Nothing. Apart from a couple of labels... zZzZ...

Anvart 08-18-07 04:10 AM

I have written enough to understand what I want ...:rock:
P.S.
I think, that your reasonings about programming technics are not interesting to many people, but wrong interpretation of data it is important...

leovampire 08-18-07 04:18 AM

Since you fixed that problem I was having skwasjer

the program is working great for what I need it for! Thank you so much! Even managing making the crew less transparent on deck watch and the lightning is comming out the way I wanted. Couldn't do it without your S3D.

CaptainCox 08-18-07 05:29 AM

Awesome Leo! can't wait. Looks like you are as deep in to the physical world of SH4 as one can get at the mo!:yep:

skwasjer 08-18-07 06:46 AM

Quote:

I have written enough to understand what I want ...:rock:
P.S.
I think, that your reasonings about programming technics are not interesting to many people, but wrong interpretation of data it is important...

Nevermind... You're too difficult to talk to.

PS: Some people are actually interested...

Quote:

Originally Posted by leovampire
the program is working great for what I need it for! Thank you so much! Even managing making the crew less transparent on deck watch and the lightning is comming out the way I wanted.

Excellent :up:

________

S3D (alpha) is interpreting data incorrectly. OMG! CRAPPY TOOL!

skwasjer 08-18-07 06:53 AM

Regarding my post a couple of days ago, there was a bug found in S3D by leovampire regarding the ParticleGenerator controller.

This can temporarily be fixed manually like so:
  1. Close S3D if running.
  2. Go to the install path of S3D (ie. C:\Program Files\skwas\Silent 3ditor)
  3. Open the PropertyDefinitions.xml in Notepad
  4. Find the following line:

<property name="BitmapParticles/Name" datatype="string" fixedLength="16" />
  5. Directly below this, paste in the next line:

<property name="ObjectParticles/Name" datatype="string" fixedLength="16" />
  6. Save and close notepad.
This change will mean modified files will no longer read correctly... (any file which you saved and contains an ObjectParticles for that matter) When you try, S3D will complain with an error dialog. Iow, you have to redo the changes in an original file, and test it again.

A future release will contain this fix as many new fixes and new techniques to improve data type support.

tater 08-18-07 08:03 AM

Just looking at the files is fascinating. I get ideas without even knowing exactly what I'm looking at.

tater

CaptainCox 08-18-07 09:17 AM

Gonna give this a go in a bit. Many thanks Skwas+Leo!:sunny:

SquareSteelBar 08-22-07 02:38 PM

Hi skwasjer,

is there any chance to edit the Sh3.sdl file in ...\data\Sound\ folder by S3D?

Greeting,
SquareSteelBar

tater 08-22-07 02:42 PM

I understand your desire to maintain the simplicity of having it read raw files vs configs, but it would certainly be a useful feature if there was some sort of support for config files that would allow people to share annotated versions of the various files in some fashion to ease understanding of what's going on.

I have no idea if such a thing is even possible, however :)

The more I play, the cooler it is. I haven't had problems yet that I know of.

I do notice that if you delete a node, the stuff inside gets moved to the bottom of the file. Seems like if you have the + closed, a delete should delete everything inside it, or do I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what's going on?

tater

leovampire 08-22-07 02:50 PM

again thanks for the fix's and future add on work

skwasjer your S3D program is definatly a life and time saver in many ways and I can now fix many things that didn't work right in the game that there were no mini tweeker tweek files for. So it is a big help.

But I do have the same question that SquareSteelBar asked because it would be great if there was an easy way to add new sounds to the game and get them implimented. And unfortunatly not all of us can understand or work with HEX file editing for one reason or another. Just a request but if not possable it is now sweat guy because what you have done is a lot of help as it stands now!

skwasjer 08-22-07 07:09 PM

About the .sdl file, yea, I will probably implement this in the future. It does not have the same file structure (it's easier actually), and therefor I can't support it right now in the current UI. But yea, sometime.

Next, about documentation and what every goddamn property means, this is in the works. It's been almost 2 weeks since the last version, but there's a reason (apart from limited time). I've analyzed the entire parser and rewritten a part where I move away from the xml-config file which was needed to override autodetection of types. It will thus no longer be used. In stead, I am now using a dynamic script compiler for supporting the data inside the controllers. This compiler reads plain C# source files, in which each controller can be defined. For now, I've already coded 90 controllers, and still some more to go.

Simply put, no more autodetection (and thus errors), but full strong typed support, including a comment on EACH property (taken from each .act file). This makes it very easy to understand what each property is for. Those with some C# knowledge (or myself) can add controllers or modify existing ones if necessary (and add/change documentation), and when you run S3D it will compile it, generate new documentation, and voila...

[edit]With this big change, I am confident S3D will not make mistakes in writing files back correctly. Beta stage may be very near.[/edit]

I've also thought of introducing another new feature where I insert a new chunk (with an id the game does not know), and use this to store user comments. I haven't tested if the game trips on this though. Just an idea atm.

I hope to add a help file too some time.

About deleting a node. Yea, this was intentional (for the time being anyway). Reason was, when your view is in 'List' mode, you'd see a whole bunch of nodes getting removed (because they are related). Also, there are still some objects, that are not really parented, like 3D models. 3D models can be shared across different nodes, so this would also be weird if the entire tree got removed, but not the 3D model. I had to make a descision here. I agree it's a bit weird if you don't expect it. Don't know what's best, maybe allow you to choose by a message...

leovampire 08-22-07 07:17 PM

uuuuuummmmm wow you have been busy

cool and no worries just questions on my part as it is I am happy so what ever you do is cool or don't do is cool with me! As I said I have what I need to do most of my work and other stuff isn't that important just candy toppings on the Ice Cream I already have LOL!!!