SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

rodan54 10-08-08 01:01 AM

Thanks. I'm glad to hear things are still progressing. :)

On an unrelated note, I'm having trouble repositioning the propellers on aircraft. I can move them in S3D and of course see the immediate results, but after saving and loading up the files in-game, the prop is still in its original position. What am I missing here?

skwasjer 10-08-08 01:35 AM

You must also update the start position of the KeyFrameAnimStartParams controller with the same translation. :smug:

nooanianqueetus 10-08-08 02:47 PM

I don't suppose anybody can explain how i can get camera working, i thought i was adding the views in properly but they don't seem to work at all for me =(

Webster 10-08-08 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl
If it's for the bridge view, you need a "camusercfg" controller+properties in your .cam file, linked (ID->parentID) to a "Dummy_Deck_Watch_xxxx" node in the .dat file. This node is for the position of the camera relative to the ship.

i want one of those dummy deck watch xxx girls on my boat too :huh:

nooanianqueetus 10-13-08 01:15 PM

Hi guys, got the cameras and guns working, wake animations, and sound woking perfectly, allthought the guns will not fire unless i man the playable one, not very sure how to fix this but i have an idea. if anybody can explain how to get it working that would be great but no worries if you can not.

And one other problem, the ship sits to high in the water, some of the rudder shows above water, how can i fix this?

Thanks in advanced :up:

Archive1 10-20-08 10:00 PM

skywasjer:
I've been having trouble opening files using S3B for SH4/TM/RSRD to edit files for the involved submarines. I had no trouble doing this for the GWX/SH3 subs, but am having a problem with doing the same for the SH4/above subs. Here's more detail I put into a query in another thread. I was reminded that you had written the program. (I couldn't find your 'address') And so here's my question:

I can open the *.val, *.zon and *.sim, etc files for each sub but I cannot edit anything on the opened screen - that is , I do not get the "I" icon to edit and insert/delete on any given 'selected' line; for example, sub range surfaced - I cannot change the number in the file although it is 'selected' or highlighted. Used to do so with GWX in SH3 without any problem, to adjust draft, wakes etc, but cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Probably me, not the program. Maybe have to query the developer (name escapes me at present).

Sledgehammer427 10-21-08 07:47 PM

it still isnt working, my friend, everything i try, it just says it wont work. and its not my install file, because it installed fine on my girlfriends computer (bless her heart for putting up with me)

gah...this sucks

skwasjer 10-22-08 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archive1
skywasjer:
I've been having trouble opening files using S3B for SH4/TM/RSRD to edit files for the involved submarines. I had no trouble doing this for the GWX/SH3 subs, but am having a problem with doing the same for the SH4/above subs. Here's more detail I put into a query in another thread. I was reminded that you had written the program. (I couldn't find your 'address') And so here's my question:

I can open the *.val, *.zon and *.sim, etc files for each sub but I cannot edit anything on the opened screen - that is , I do not get the "I" icon to edit and insert/delete on any given 'selected' line; for example, sub range surfaced - I cannot change the number in the file although it is 'selected' or highlighted. Used to do so with GWX in SH3 without any problem, to adjust draft, wakes etc, but cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Probably me, not the program. Maybe have to query the developer (name escapes me at present).

I never experienced this problem, nor do I have any idea why that would happen.

- I assume you use the latest version?
- Maybe try a reinstall (check if the program directory is removed after uninstallation as well).
- Have you recently installed an update of certain software?
- Briefly try to deactivate your virusscanner (but turn it back on after you've done testing)

I can't think of any reason why you can't edit the values... :shifty:

skwasjer 10-22-08 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
it still isnt working, my friend, everything i try, it just says it wont work. and its not my install file, because it installed fine on my girlfriends computer (bless her heart for putting up with me)

gah...this sucks

Please refresh my memory... I remember you had install problems but not specifically which (and I deleted the PM's related to it some time ago)

Sledgehammer427 10-25-08 09:30 PM

well, i got s3d working on my girlfriends computer...and i was wondering, is there a way to move the perspective in the 3d model preview? its really hard to get coordinates down then the tower is this

| /

big

tomfon 11-07-08 12:35 PM

Hello.
I can't install S3D. Just before the installation is completed i get this error report:

"Error 1001. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap,Vers ion=2.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

Could please someone help? :yep:

SquareSteelBar 11-08-08 09:04 AM

Hi tomfon,

what OS are you using?
If you use Windows XP, maybe this could help:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Software requirements

The installer does NOT check if the components below are installed. It is up to you to verify this.
  • Microsoft .NET 2: Win32, Win64
    (Vista users already have this)
  • Microsoft DirectX 9 with Managed Extensions: Win32/64
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
SquareSteelBar

tomfon 11-08-08 09:15 AM

Hello!

I am using Windows XP and I have .NET 2 already installed.
Also, DirectX 9.0c has been installed when i had the Catalyst software installed for my ATI. Do i have to reinstall DirectX 9.0.c on top of its current installation after having it downloaded from the page you propose?

DeepIron 11-08-08 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomfon
Hello!

I am using Windows XP and I have .NET 2 already installed.
Also, DirectX 9.0c has been installed when i had the Catalyst software installed for my ATI. Do i have to reinstall DirectX 9.0.c on top of its current installation after having it downloaded from the page you propose?

Your DirectX 9.0c install is probably just the runtime files. Just download and install the managed DX file linked above over the top of your existing DX and you should be fine...

SquareSteelBar 11-08-08 09:26 AM

Alternatively you can use the latest offline installer:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...008_redist.exe