SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Eternal Patrol (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   RIP Sailor Steve (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=253473)

Onkel Neal 09-02-22 07:59 AM

RIP Sailor Steve

2 Attachment(s)
I received an email today, I am following up on it. Confirmed: Steve passed peacefully Tuesday, Aug. 30th.

Sailor Steve Bradfield has passed away.

He was one of our wittiest and friendliest. A member since the beginning, Steve attended the Texas SUBSIM meets, was a quiet but reliable moderator, and flight sim enthusiast as well as a subsimmer.

Steve has been struggling with severe health problems for the past 4 years. I spoke with him earlier this year and his spirit was flagging but he was still the Sailor Steve I have always known.

Rest your oars, Sailor Steve.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/att...6&d=1662124724

Rockstar 09-02-22 08:08 AM

Oh man, what a downer. See ya on the flip side Sailor Steve. Great moderator, a damn fine grammar policeman too ;). He threw me in the brig once but I swear I was innocent, really! :D

Skybird 09-02-22 08:10 AM

Heck, that hits down.

I never met him, I sometimes banged heads with him, but far more often I had friendly, smart conversations with him on the boards or in a few PMs. He seems to have been witty, kind, and caring. He also is one of the oldest names I recall on this forum board, a brand I got used to, so to speak.

Bon voyage, captain. It was a good experience to "meet" you.

u crank 09-02-22 08:10 AM

Very sad to hear. Steve was very kind and welcoming to me when I joined SubSim.

Rest in peace Steve.

FUBAR295 09-02-22 08:15 AM

Very sad news. He will be missed around here. RIP Sailor Steve. :Kaleun_Salute:

Commander Wallace 09-02-22 08:22 AM

I am very sorry to hear of Steve. Like Skybird, Steve and I had some issues early on when I joined Subsim. We privately spoke and cleared a lot of things up. Once things had been straightened out, I found we had a number of things in common including music and motorcycles, etc... and we spoke a good deal on them.

I found Steve to be pretty interesting and knowledgeable. I know Steve was also a military vet which immediately earned him my respect. I tried to follow up on Steve's health issues that he wrote of here in Subsim but I also wanted to respect his privacy and didn't want to ask any questions besides, " How is Steve doing. "

I also worry about Clay, another Subsim member who also has had serious health issues.

Deepest condolences to Steve's family and his friends here at Subsim.

Rest in peace, Steve.

mapuc 09-02-22 08:38 AM

Oh manner what a downer I really liked him especially his way of telling people that we had misspelled word or sentence with a smile.

R.I.P my dear friend

Buddahaid 09-02-22 08:39 AM

Very sad news. RIP Sailor Steve.

_Seth_ 09-02-22 08:55 AM

Rest in peace, old friend <3

GoldenRivet 09-02-22 09:00 AM

Just saw this on the facebook page. Terrible news.

Will definitely be raising a glass to that old salt.

Randomizer 09-02-22 09:07 AM

Too bad, he always seemed like a decent person. Fair winds and following seas on your eternal patrol Sailor Steve.

-C

propbeanie 09-02-22 09:07 AM

Thanks Neal for letting us all know. Steve will be missed, as we had already missed his being around here when his health first reduced his online presence. He and I discussed playing in bands quite a bit, and enjoyed relating "gig nightmares" to each other... RIP Sailor Steve!

Hitman 09-02-22 09:39 AM

I can't put in words my sadness for this loss :(

He had been around subsim for so many years, it's hard to even try to imagine this place without him, his wit, his friendliness, his enthusiasm ... :wah: Despite his declining health, all news from him we got via Neal in the last years showed always the same positive and friendly guy with a will to keep hanging on to all good things in life he liked.

Rest in peace my friend, until we meet again some day. It was great and enrichening to meet you. Salute!

derstosstrupp 09-02-22 10:43 AM

Very sad to hear. I didn’t have much direct interaction with him, but when I joined in 2008, his posts sure helped me a lot to get myself situated with SH3. His posts were always entertaining and helpful. He will be missed.

blackswan40 09-02-22 11:12 AM

Very sad news to hear Sailor Steves passing one of Subsims Old Salts and a real nice guy always went out of his way to help folk i will miss him on skype and on the Subsim Forums.

Rest in Peace Sailor Steve :Kaleun_Cheers: