SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   SH4 Master Thread: Popular Mods, Tools, Technical advice & Tactical tips (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155786)

I'm goin' down 04-11-10 02:58 PM

excellent video

very nice video.

mb5oaks 05-08-10 02:58 PM

Hi, i'm new to editing in SH4 but i'm kinda familiar with editing in other games. I'm use to just editing most things in notepad but when i open a .zon file or .sim file all i get is half english an half...it seems unreadable.

example:

reload��"���Range�
���range��<F
���angle���4B���ammo_storage�$���AP����shell�̖ Gp'
���amount��}��$���HE����shell�̖ɫZ
���amount��}��$���AA����shell���������
���amount��}��$���SS����shell���������
���amount��}�����Fire����effect�j;k

I'm trying to edit ammo storage, sub speed, weapons power, ext.

I downloaded silent3editor but all i get is half bits of stuff and never teh real meat of what i want.

My game works fine so i know its not a bad file.

please help

keltos01 05-08-10 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=mb5oaks;1385978]Hi, i'm new to editing in SH4 but i'm kinda familiar with editing in other games. I'm use to just editing most things in notepad but when i open a .zon file or .sim file all i get is half english an half...it seems unreadable.

example:

reload

keltos01 05-08-10 03:04 PM

Hi, i'm new to editing in SH4 but i'm kinda familiar with editing in other games. I'm use to just editing most things in notepad but when i open a .zon file or .sim file all i get is half english an half...it seems unreadable.

example:

reload

keltos01 05-08-10 03:05 PM

I'm trying to edit ammo storage,

in the submarine directory, in submarine.upc under "bunker" edit with notepad

sub speed,

same directory, submarine.sim file, open with s3d

weapons power, ext.

in the library directory : weaponname.zon file, edit with s3d

keltos

CTU_Clay 05-25-10 10:59 AM

After many years of playing just the vanilla game of SH3 & SH4. I am now messing around with some of the mods available.

Graphics/Audio Question:

Will "skin mod" effect Multiplayer connection?

1. If i have a skin modification to my sh4 files. Will open server MP players be able to connect to my hosted game?

2. I guess I need to ask about audio sound modifications too?

rein1705 07-07-10 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keltos01 (Post 1385983)
I'm trying to edit ammo storage,

in the submarine directory, in submarine.upc under "bunker" edit with notepad

sub speed,

same directory, submarine.sim file, open with s3d

weapons power, ext.

in the library directory : weaponname.zon file, edit with s3d

keltos

Which ones edit fuel-Range ? and would it be possible to put a 40 mike mike on a S-18's AA platform?

robi 07-09-10 04:39 PM

hello everyone!!!!I am new here I played sh4 for more then 1 year and now I was reading many posts on this forum and I have a question:can you tell me any sub and torpedo mods which I can install in sh4(u-boat missions?)and jsgme compatible?I wanna try something diferent but I can`t find a mod wich I can install.thanx a lot

rein1705 07-09-10 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robi (Post 1440163)
hello everyone!!!!I am new here I played sh4 for more then 1 year and now I was reading many posts on this forum and I have a question:can you tell me any sub and torpedo mods which I can install in sh4(u-boat missions?)and jsgme compatible?I wanna try something diferent but I can`t find a mod wich I can install.thanx a lot

There are many ships and subs to choose from here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...hp?do=cat&id=6

I recommend the Ohio beta as a new sub that is superb to play as but there are ships and subs here to be found that fit just about anyone's taste, Happy hunting. :salute:

peabody 07-09-10 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rein1705 (Post 1438248)
Which ones edit fuel-Range ? and would it be possible to put a 40 mike mike on a S-18's AA platform?

Fuel range: S3D, open submarinename.sim file. Unit_Submarine/Ranges

You can use a 40 bill bill, but I don't think the mike mike works. You could put the Iowa main turret on there if you know how. :woot:

The last tower for the S class is put on in August 42 and the 40mm is not available until October, so you would have to make some changes. I'm not sure how accurate it would be.
In data/UPCData/UPCUnitsData/UnitParts4Sclass.upc at the bottom:

[UnitPart 3.UpgradePackSlot 1]
ID= UpgAAGun
NameDisplayable= Anti-Aircraft Gun
Type=NULL
AcceptedTypes=USLightAA,USHeavyAA
UserCustomizable=Yes
IDLinkUpgradePackSlots= CTForeAA
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault1= NULL, 1942-10-08, Upack20mmSingle
IDLinkUpgradePackSlotsIntervalDefault2= 1942-10-08, NULL, Upack40mmSingle

Add the stuff in green then test.

Peabody

rein1705 07-09-10 09:23 PM

16 inch gun on a pig boat? :o:rotfl2:

indy 07-13-10 10:07 PM

[REL] "zoomable external camera"

Hello Guys.
Here's a great mod for SH4. Its a version of the "zoomable external camera" mod, that elanaiba was nice enough to make, per my request, (hes on my Christmas list) :woot:

What it does is add zoom levels to the external camera view - activated with the mouse wheel. Current levels are 1x, 10x, 20x.

Installation:
Simply drop included cameras.cam file in <SH4 folder>/Data/Library. There shouldn't be any file with that name, so don't overwrite anything.

It needs to be in the same location as cameras.dat, but that's normally true. To remove the mod just delete the cameras.cam file.

Original mod idea belongs to stabiz.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1942

Hope you guys like it as much as I do, many thanks to Stabiz and Elanaiba. You guys a great. Indy:up:

rein1705 07-15-10 09:38 PM

Peabody

Um i put the gun on the boat, however i need to find the rotation value of the gun and change it so as the gun can move better than 30* left or right can you help?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=2514

Grayghost59 10-07-10 01:23 PM

Crash problem, solution discovered

I had been running the game with the disc and having alot of crashes. Since I found you could run without the disc I havn't had the first crash in game. Could this be the answer to the magic question as to why the crashes?Thought I'd pass it along. Thanks to all of you for making a great game even better!

Kongo Otto 12-09-10 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1165560)

Large Super Mods

[REL] Real Fleet Boat (RFB)

If possible the old RFB 1.52 link should be changed to the actual
RFB 2.0 Link

:yep: