SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 05-10-20 04:23 AM

@fitzcarraldo and GrenSo,
Unfortunately, everything campaign related require campaign restart or advancement to the next campaign chapter. This is common for all SH games...

gap 05-10-20 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2669598)

Good work Vecko :up:

Torpedo 05-10-20 12:22 PM

Hi Vecko!!!
OUTSTANDING work!
Torpedo :Kaleun_Salute:

ShipSinkerIan13 05-10-20 03:08 PM

MY auto target ID isnt working, any help? Yes I do have the right things loaded on JSGME

gap 05-10-20 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShipSinkerIan13 (Post 2669788)
MY auto target ID isnt working, any help? Yes I do have the right things loaded on JSGME

Hi Ian, I think Vecko disabled this command because XO always identifying the target in a fraction of second and with encyclopedic precision, wasn't too realistic. If memory serves, someone in the past had created a TwOS patch which re-enabled the auto-ID command, but I have no idea where it can be found nor if it is still compatible with the current TWoS version.

fitzcarraldo 05-10-20 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2669810)
Hi Ian, I think Vecko disabled this command because XO always identifying the target in a fraction of second and with encyclopedic precision, wasn't too realistic. If memory serves, someone in the past had created a TwOS patch which re-enabled the auto-ID command, but I have no idea where it can be found nor if it is still compatible with the current TWoS version.

There is an addon mod in TWoS for Auto target ID.

See in JSGME.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

gap 05-10-20 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2669831)
There is an addon mod in TWoS for Auto target ID.

See in JSGME.

Regards.

Thank you for integrating my answer Fitz, my bad for not knowing TWoS addon mods :salute:

Zinmar 05-10-20 08:23 PM

I was wondering if the VII C/41 with the 4 minelayer tubes was in the bow modeled in this mod. They don't have to be operational I'm just hoping that it is there.

OltzS Dobenecker 05-10-20 08:42 PM

I can only sail in reverse while submerged

Title says it all-
While submerged, currently on first mission off Danzig, I can only sail my submarine in reverse. Any ahead commands are met with the number being highlighted, but with no engine action, sound, or propeller movement. Using Wolves of Steel only.

Thanks for the help

* update* I found that sailing ahead underwater is odd- the only control that seems to work is ahead standard (3). However, it orders the boat into maximum speed (5). Meanwhile, 5 reduces down to all stop (0). Essentially no speed controls underwater. Only on or off. Meanwhile, reverse seems to be similar in that it is back emergency or nothing (4 or 0). I could use some help or guidance. Should I just reinstall everything?

fire-fox 05-11-20 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OltzS Dobenecker (Post 2669835)
Title says it all-
While submerged, currently on first mission off Danzig, I can only sail my submarine in reverse. Any ahead commands are met with the number being highlighted, but with no engine action, sound, or propeller movement. Using Wolves of Steel only.

Thanks for the help

* update* I found that sailing ahead underwater is odd- the only control that seems to work is ahead standard (3). However, it orders the boat into maximum speed (5). Meanwhile, 5 reduces down to all stop (0). Essentially no speed controls underwater. Only on or off. Meanwhile, reverse seems to be similar in that it is back emergency or nothing (4 or 0). I could use some help or guidance. Should I just reinstall everything?

ok, here. you might need to do a full deinstall + registry clear and then reinstall SH5 and reapply a new download of TWoS 2.2.18

fitzcarraldo 05-11-20 07:18 AM

Quote:

Title says it all-

Thanks for the help

In the FAQ of TWoS-see post 1-it is explained the control of speed in TWoS. Personally, I prefer to manage the underwater speed via the speedometer and not the telegraph. Example, you want 3 knots, so put 3 knots in the speedometer. The telegraph has a problem with the several orders, a problem from TDW patches.

Regards.

GrenSo 05-11-20 08:23 AM

Quote:

Title says it all-

Thanks for the help

Do you use the keyboard or mouse click to command the speed?

vdr1981 05-11-20 09:35 AM

Quote:

Should I just reinstall everything?

Most likely...

Sokolov 05-11-20 09:36 PM

Ok, so great mod... Ok. Just 1 campaign anything, ok. Some harbours defended by mines and coastal, but have no ships, some defended nothung and you can pumoping your tonnage that way is no reality, so much years of work and still those BUGS, no destroyers near port, but if you damaged coastal from long distance, first shot - you in ass (sorry for this word). Ugly environment. I understand sh5 is broken game form begin, but there are few things that easy can make game better. TWoS? it's - 1 (from five), i respect your work, but wrote the truth. Don't blame me. Reaaly just one man worked for sence here - he is DarkWraith, who been work wrom sh3 as Raserboy

Zinmar 05-11-20 10:27 PM

I gather nobody knows about the type VII C/41 then?