SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

TYCZYW 05-09-19 01:57 PM

Tonci87,
thanks for you reply and appreciate your patience:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2608045)

2.) There is a deadzone dead ahead if you only have the GHG and not the GHG+KDB hydrophone.

Ok - understand, but I could hear that destroyer very well when operating hydrophone by myself

Quote:

3.) If you have modified files then your experience may of course be different than intended. If my crew spots an aircraft the TC goes down to 1. Depending on the overcast it might still be to late to do anything else than to man the AA gun.

Well, the problem is that I did not modify it, but I know related values are in that particular file, that's why I showed this. if for some people it works ok, then I will need maybe to find some other options, any seggestions, please let me know.

Quote:

5.) Some modules can not be repaired at sea.

Ok sounds reasonable, but is there a list of such modules? Because they got that hammer automatically assigned, but nothing was actually getting better. Since game choose those modules by itself, I would assume only reparable modules are selected?

Quote:

10.) Yes, hit F1 to see the keyboard layout

Forgive me, really, I 've already taken a look at F1 mayn times and could not find any keys assigned to scope moving. Could you be so kind and let me know which of them are used?

Thanks a lot
Cheers

Tonci87 05-09-19 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYCZYW (Post 2608442)
Tonci87,
thanks for you reply and appreciate your patience:)

Ok - understand, but I could hear that destroyer very well when operating hydrophone by myself

Well, the problem is that I did not modify it, but I know related values are in that particular file, that's why I showed this. if for some people it works ok, then I will need maybe to find some other options, any seggestions, please let me know.

Ok sounds reasonable, but is there a list of such modules? Because they got that hammer automatically assigned, but nothing was actually getting better. Since game choose those modules by itself, I would assume only reparable modules are selected?

Forgive me, really, I 've already taken a look at F1 mayn times and could not find any keys assigned to scope moving. Could you be so kind and let me know which of them are used?

Thanks a lot
Cheers

If you are personally on the hydrophone then you can hear contacts even if they are in the deadzone. That is an unfortunate game limitation.

Modules that are damaged will get repaired even if they do not have the hammer on them, as long as they can be repaired at sea. I do not think that the hammer has any particular meaning. I could be wrong though.

I can move the observation scope with the page up and page down keys, and the attack scope with the insert and delete keys. Or do you mean moving to rotate the scope with keys? If yes, then that is unfortunately not possible (which is a good thing since keyboard keys are digital they are either pressed or they are not. Real life periscope controls are more analogue so the amount of input you give will determine how much it gets moved.)

10MAS 05-09-19 03:41 PM

CTD Sh5 Wolves of Steel

Hi Everybody!I ve got an issue with wolves of steel...without WOS the game runs perfect but when i install it and try to run Historical Mission or try to start a campaign the game Crash...one week ago i played with WOS but iv e got some minor problem and try to reistall it and now can t play...does anyone know how to find an error log?thanks

NeonsStyle 05-10-19 07:42 AM

I have to point this out. Real Navigation thing is such a farce. In reality,
the Captain doesn't steer the boat, he tells the navigator the destination
and the preferred route, and the navigator plots the course, and then informs
the helm on course changes, unless the Captain wishes to divert from
the plotted course.

So this whole real navigation is just rubbish. Using the original games plot course is far more realistic in terms of the way things are done. The mechanics might be different, but the idea is the same.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest lol

Sjizzle 05-10-19 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2608569)
the plotted course.

So this whole real navigation is just rubbish. Using the original games plot course is far more realistic in terms of the way things are done. The mechanics might be different, but the idea is the same.

if u don't like don't use... but to say that some1 work it's rubbish it's a bit harsh to the mod creator ...here i mean u call his mod rubbish

a btw if u can make a better mod do it and let's see whit what u came out!!!

Tonci87 05-10-19 11:06 AM

Quote:

the plotted course.

Well, without real navigation you always have your position on the map 100% correct and precise. Which is highly unrealistic.

If you use real navigation you will soon notice that you never know your precise position, especially if the weather is bad.

Coastal Navigation for example becomes a lot more exiting. (I once tried to find Wilhelmshaven in dense fog, ended up in Wesermünde)

DieReeperbahn 05-10-19 11:35 AM

You could just hide the plot line and player sub but keep the waypoint functionality?

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/1e0...rog1zb99zg.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5xq7nb...lot_Idea_2.jpg

Aktungbby 05-10-19 12:16 PM

welcome aboard!

10MAS!:Kaleun_Salute:

kapuhy 05-10-19 12:46 PM

Quote:

the plotted course.

You mean, the captain asks the navigator for a position fix, than based on this and navigator's opinion on things such as fuel usage, navigational hazards along the route etc. orders the boat to set such and such course. In areas where more delicate handling or frequent course changes are required, he lets navigator or harbour pilot take lead and only oversees the operation.

In short, exactly like playing with Real Navigation.

I mean, everyone can tailor game to their liking and play it however he wants, but saying Real Nav is less realistic than stock system is simply false.

Tonci87 05-10-19 01:19 PM

So here it finally is, a tutorial showing how to use the Contact reports to your advantage by simply plotting an intercept course. You will find many more convoys by using this method :D

RAOBF and Attack Disc Tutorial

What would a U Boat commander see if he took a look at his navigators map? A bunch of lines and marks, but not the current precise location :up:

10MAS 05-10-19 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2608608)
10MAS!:Kaleun_Salute:

Danke Kaleun!

10MAS 05-10-19 01:34 PM

Qualcuno sa dirmi dove posso trovare un log del crash di wolves of steel?senza WOS il gioco gira perfetto con mi crasha....

Anyone can told me where i can find a crash log of WOS?without mod the game runs perfectly:06:...thanks

Salvadoreno 05-10-19 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2608453)
If you are personally on the hydrophone then you can hear contacts even if they are in the deadzone. That is an unfortunate game limitation.

Modules that are damaged will get repaired even if they do not have the hammer on them, as long as they can be repaired at sea. I do not think that the hammer has any particular meaning. I could be wrong though.

I can move the observation scope with the page up and page down keys, and the attack scope with the insert and delete keys. Or do you mean moving to rotate the scope with keys? If yes, then that is unfortunately not possible (which is a good thing since keyboard keys are digital they are either pressed or they are not. Real life periscope controls are more analogue so the amount of input you give will determine how much it gets moved.)

Just saw your intercept tutorial. THANKS!

XenonSurf 05-10-19 08:25 PM

Quote:

the plotted course.

You are ringing the bell at the wrong address, WoS has not invented Real Navigation, this was in the game since the mod NewUis from TDW almost a decade ago. Go complain to him if you think you need. I'm playing WoS and my own modlist without RN and I'm happy, the good thing is you can configure WoS to your liking and it's nowhere written that you must use RN (or any realistic settings btw).

vdr1981 05-11-19 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2608615)
So here it finally is, a tutorial showing how to use the Contact reports to your advantage by simply plotting an intercept course. You will find many more convoys by using this method :D

RAOBF and Attack Disc Tutorial

What would a U Boat commander see if he took a look at his navigators map? A bunch of lines and marks, but not the current precise location :up:

Great work Tonci87! Thank you very much! :up: