SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Nemesis Bosseret 06-20-17 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven_2012 (Post 2493364)
Thanks. I just found it odd, the other skins disappear and reappear for me, at start to purchase. They all seem to be showing up.

I found the English mod in another thread, but the Mediafire link or whatever link it was, is dead. I might look around in this thread for it.

I really don't want to reinstall the game right now to get English Language. I will look around or someone can reupload it for me.

Thats just a stock glitch. Reload the game, maybe restart campaign. You save then reload in bunker and then save once ur outside of 60km of any port. They are spawn points and could cause game corruption.... I still do it anyways but typically i save on approach to a port im either docking at or trying to pad some tonnage because i got raped by too many duds on my load out. Approach greater than 60km(strongly recommend this because mines will friken pop up outta no where and kill you... Some times they are underwater and you cant see them and ur crew is retarded). Save again before shooting in case of death by time compression glitch where ships break physics and bounce and flip after sunk. Save on begining of exit... Again incase of rogue mines (scapa flow huge example there) and once outside of 60km. Having multiple saves helps incase one gets corrupted i dont lose much progress. I strongly suggest you do the same

Nemesis Bosseret 06-20-17 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven_2012 (Post 2493371)
I found the English Language Link, it worked fine, took a second for the download to work right:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=7766

O ya one quick note. If you load a save and ur skin doesnt show up, reload again and it should. Some times this happens to me

Raven_2012 06-20-17 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Bosseret (Post 2493378)
O ya one quick note. If you load a save and ur skin doesnt show up, reload again and it should. Some times this happens to me

OK, thanks. Yeah the other skins show up for purchase at start, if they don't I have to reload, maybe a few time to get them to show up.

I am sure loving this mod pack. Installed game, install mod and config some stuff and I up and running. I hated the old days of I could be doing it for a week and by time I got done, I didn't want to play. Now I am cruising around my uboat. I have been thinking about this game for about a year, but I was like I don't want to go through the mod install and figuring out the order and then find out some won't work well together. Not anymore, those days are gone. :Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Thumbs_Up::Kaleun_Cheers:

Halface 06-20-17 10:58 PM

34" widescreen

how is the mod With a 34" widescreen ?

Frederf 06-21-17 02:59 AM

What aspect ratio? It's 16:9 by default and has mods for 4x3 5x4 and 8x5. If you're an even wider ratio maybe there is an aspect mod for yours around somewhere or could be made quickly.

THEBERBSTER 06-23-17 03:27 PM

Hi guys
Do you know of any tutorial which shows you how to use the 'Nautical Chart'
How and where to position it for example on the map.
How to use the longitude and latitude degrees from the radio messages in the Captain's Log.
Peter

vdr1981 06-23-17 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2494239)
Hi guys
Do you know of any tutorial which shows you how to use the 'Nautical Chart'
How and where to position it for example on the map.
How to use the longitude and latitude degrees from the radio messages in the Captain's Log.
Peter

This picture should be self-explanatory ...:salute:
https://s6.postimg.org/82pea9gfh/SH5...0_18.55.16.jpg

vdr1981 06-23-17 03:58 PM

And here's the new regular update with few more tuning tweaks...:salute:

Quote:

v2.0.4
- Several secondary missions patrol locations fixes for both encrypted and un-encrypted BdU orders.
- Adjusted/increased crew passive ability bonuses for different crew states (battle stations, silent running ect).
- Slightly decresed sub flags flapping sounds volume.
- Adjusted Enemy Air Strike Probability Increase on Radio Messages Sent values.
- Adjusted radioman's passive ability to lower the chances of being DF-end and getting an aircraft popping on you when sending messages.

fitzcarraldo 06-23-17 06:17 PM

Many thank for the update!

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

THEBERBSTER 06-24-17 02:12 AM

Thank you Vecko, just the sort of thing I was looking for.
Peter

Lestart44 06-24-17 06:48 AM

vdr1981 do i have to start a new game when i update from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 ?:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 06-24-17 12:36 PM

Hi les
Each update contains a folder called 'Documentation' in it you will find a text document.
The text document notepad will tell you exactly what the procedure is.
In most cases you can enable the update while still at sea, but not always, which is why EVERYBODY should be looking at Vecko's instructions which are not there for the fun of it.

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.4 Update
[other optional TWoS 2.x.x mods/addons]

* Enable the update in port or patrol and continue your campaign.
* Update 2.0.4 containes changes from all previous updates.You can remove/delete previous update(s) from your JSGME.
* Some changes from v2.0.1 Update require campaign restart in order to be correctly activated. Otherwise, you may end up with somewhat messed up submarine/crew performances in your current campaign play trough ( increased batt. discharge/recharge times, old crew abilities bonuses) until you receive new U-Boat offer and move to the next campaign chapter at which point the game will "fix" it self. If you aren't annoyed by this fact, you are free to continue your current career since no other issues are to be expected.

Peter

LesBaker 06-24-17 01:32 PM

U-Boat Colours

For those that want More in depth information about U-Boat colours used both internally and externally this article should answer all your questions.

all kudos should go to the author Dougie Martindale.

the article is in PDF format and can be found here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9bqvx...h_photos_5.pdf

Happy Hunting

Les

vdr1981 06-24-17 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesBaker (Post 2494539)
For those that want More in depth information about U-Boat colours used both internally and externally this article should answer all your questions.

all kudos should go to the author Dougie Martindale.

the article is in PDF format and can be found here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9bqvx...h_photos_5.pdf

Happy Hunting

Les

Very useful document, thanks! :up:

HW3 06-24-17 03:09 PM

Thank you Les!
:Kaleun_Salute: