SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Husksubsky 03-18-16 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2390574)
Always use GMT as local can change unexpectedly..
GMT is always the same.

Thx:up: Good to know

frogazboll 03-18-16 08:43 PM

nead help i cant find the second one :(
supose it gota be looking somthing like this in Generic Mod Enabler
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. xx 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
but i only got

1.The Wolves of Steel 1.05 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
so how do i get the only missing? maybe download is corupt or somthing??? tryed sevral times and same thing evry time :hmmm:

siege00 03-18-16 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogazboll (Post 2390638)
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. xx 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
but i only got

1.The Wolves of Steel 1.05 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
so how do i get the only missing? maybe download is corupt or somthing??? tryed sevral times and same thing evry time :hmmm:

Always check the 1st or 2nd post of this thread. The link that says "Download the Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update". It's right below the gigantic link for the whole mod, always linked separately so that the larger portion doesn't have to be downloaded again just to get the update.

Here's a direct link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4861

oscar19681 03-18-16 10:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390278)
OK...:) How about to post few screenshots of your main(root) Silent Hunter 5 folder, JSGME window, Generic Patcher window ect ect...:hmm2:

P.S.
Did you watch video turorial from the first post?

i did a clean install of sh-5 version with the correct patch , followed all the steps , watch the installation YouTube video to make sure but still no luck. I get errors when i backup my generic Patcher snapshot. I just dont understand whats causing it , even after correctly installing the mod itself.
check the screenshots yourself, i just cant figure it out.

Warham 03-19-16 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2390565)
Good idea if you like it. The very fuelsaving patrol area lurk(just crawling with baffles and go up to reload before co2 gets too high) can be speeded up immensly. maybe you can tweak all scripts and publish it as an alternative? seem most players like more TC than me. While ure at your tweaking decrease the turning degrees of baffles too otherwise theres a 3-5 degree divert. (not palurk).I set 60 degrees instead of 90. ( 90 worked with twos 1.03 on the spot)

No no no no no no, it's your cross :D

I edit only one search script for myself. if someone is interested i can share. But it's need more tests. Here is. I change TC to x8-x512, set 60 degrees instead of 90, and increase time between hydro check from 60 to 90 minutes.

[COMMANDS]
Set_Time_Compression,8,0,0,0,0,0,2
Leave_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,12
Get_depth_under_sub_keel,0,0,0,0,0,0,10
Activate_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,2
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,0,0,0,0,5
Ahead_standard,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_depth,17,0,0,0,0,0,35
All_stop,0,0,0,0,0,0,45
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30
Ahead_full,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_course,60,0,0,0,0,0,95
All_stop,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30
Report_nearest_sound_contact,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Ahead_standard,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_course,-60,0,0,0,0,0,5
Surface,0,0,0,0,0,0,60
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,0,0,0,0,150
Set_Time_Compression,512,0,0,0,0,0,5250
Loop,24,0,0,0,0,0,0
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,0,2
Leave_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,2
[COMMANDS_END]

Sjizzle 03-19-16 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2390653)
i did a clean install of sh-5 version with the correct patch , followed all the steps , watch the installation YouTube video to make sure but still no luck. I get errors when i backup my generic Patcher snapshot. I just dont understand whats causing it , even after correctly installing the mod itself.

do u have the steam version of the game ???? are u sure that the game is patched to 1.2 ????

PS. i can not see to much in your screenshot the pictures are small upload them to mediafire or imgur to see better the error

vdr1981 03-19-16 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogazboll (Post 2390638)
but i only got

Quote:

Step 4:
Download and extract content of The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Subsim Community SH5 Megamod archive into your main Silent Hunter 5 folder. By default, path to your main SH5 folder should be "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5".
Download the latest update and extract it to your "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder.
Is this more more understandable now?:hmm2:

vdr1981 03-19-16 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2390653)

Cant read anything on those pictures but my first guess is that your game isn't updated to official v1.2.0...Upload higher resolution pics

THEBERBSTER 03-19-16 06:06 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > frogazboil
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

palmic 03-19-16 06:59 AM

Hello Peter, you should remove all colors from this your post but blue one.
Since in 90% of cases is most relevant information in your post it will be much more effective to lead people to solution.

In my opinion most people dont read it all and dont click the links..
This will solve it.

Kelsier 03-19-16 08:31 AM

Hello all,

I am pretty new to this forum and recently re-installed SH5. After trying a few mod combinations, I finally started with a clean installation and followed the installation orders for TWOS to the letter. I am now running TWOS 1.05 + Update 08.

While I am delighted with all the changes and increased realism due to the mods, I also noticed one very little, but also annoying bug when using the map: whenever I try to erase all the map markings by using ctrl + eraser (like the tooltip suggest), I end up closing the map and not erasing any markings. Which means I have to erase all markings by hand, one by one.

I did use the forum search to see if the is a solution already, but couldn't find anything. So I was wondering if this is just me or if someone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

oscar19681 03-19-16 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390689)
Cant read anything on those pictures but my first guess is that your game isn't updated to official v1.2.0...Upload higher resolution pics

Ok! good news , i got it working. I had the wrong sh-5 version afterall.
but there is a new problem , i cannot maintain depth even at periscope depth. even when i use manual diveplanes the boats just slowly sinks and cannot maintain depth. And the AI just keeps moving the diveplanes up and down all the time. Whats causing this? I suspect the submarine and fluctuate more powerfull mod can be the cause. But this mod has been excluslivly made for wolves od steel

wingman3333 03-19-16 09:04 AM

Hi all,

maybe its a stupid question but i cant find a answer, or my english is not good enough .. :doh:

I got a problem with the campaign. I played "Western Aproches" three times but I cant unlock Operation Drumbeat. My results arn't bad either.
What do I wrong?
Do I miss a special goal?
Due to the long travel routes france/ south africa is not enough time to play all missions.

Please help me :salute:

palmic 03-19-16 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsier (Post 2390721)
Hello all,

I am pretty new to this forum and recently re-installed SH5. After trying a few mod combinations, I finally started with a clean installation and followed the installation orders for TWOS to the letter. I am now running TWOS 1.05 + Update 08.

While I am delighted with all the changes and increased realism due to the mods, I also noticed one very little, but also annoying bug when using the map: whenever I try to erase all the map markings by using ctrl + eraser (like the tooltip suggest), I end up closing the map and not erasing any markings. Which means I have to erase all markings by hand, one by one.

I did use the forum search to see if the is a solution already, but couldn't find anything. So I was wondering if this is just me or if someone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I can just confirm this "issue", but as you'll see in next few days, there is 1000+ issues like this, youll just need to workaround it.
For me this is maybe most ****ed up game ever i played (well i dont play modern games like fallout 4), but i am enjoying sh5 TWOS maybe most i've enjoyed any sim.

Do yourself a favor and read gameplay instructions on first page of this thread carefully. Some of them (mostly saving) could spare you a lot of hours lost by crash to desktop.
To be short in concretely this, you will need to play sort of "ironman" style by saving game only at surface without any contact around (including hydrophone) to have stable game.
(i learned to love this as i really need to escape before save or i lost everything since last save :) )
And welcome on board :salute:

vdr1981 03-19-16 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsier (Post 2390721)

Thanks in advance!

This is really no big deal IMO...I've intentionally created this "bug" in order to disable stock "Ctrl+Lmouse click" command (center sub on map). This cheat command is inconsistent with real nav addon. IIRC, you should be able to use this command if you dont have real nav addon enabled, but it's really not worth it. Real navigation is the essence of SH5...:yep: