SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [WIP] Wolves of the Kaiser:1914-1918 Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156161)

keltos01 09-13-09 01:38 PM

and don't forget there could be a US campaign in their operation zone southeast of Ireland too, so I think this is the right forum too, and yes, more traffic.

nice work on the Sandalwood.

keltos

ivank 09-13-09 02:14 PM

I like!
Maybe, and just maybe, when TSWSM v1 and v2 is released, we can help you expand this mod into a version of TSWSM!?!:D

DarkFish 09-13-09 02:58 PM

looks great:D
If I hadn't become a student lately I'd have been happy to help you, but I'm a little short on time ATM...

Webster 09-13-09 04:35 PM

sounds like a great project :up: looks nice

im sure you will be able to get all the help you need because modders always love challenges like this.

AVGWarhawk 09-13-09 05:00 PM

I have alway wanted a WW1 sim for the boats in the UBI engine. This looks very very cool gents. I look foward to the release. :D

Carotio 09-13-09 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 1171254)
Well, there's the potential for a PTO surface warfare component so it's sort of in the right place ... plus, this forum seems to have more traffic. :D

I guess you're right. I missed the part of surface warfaring and Pacific missions.
And yeah, more traffic in this part... :D

And I do look forward to some WW1 action too for a change....

Sledgehammer427 09-13-09 06:17 PM

boy oh boy, if 3d modeling programs could talk, mine would be throwing a fit...:D
started work on the U-1, not much to show that's worth a screenshot

Bubblehead1980 09-13-09 06:46 PM

re

Well I never found myself wanting to try WW I U boats but now I do..lol.Good luck guys, can't wait to give it a run.

iambecomelife 09-13-09 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1171450)
boy oh boy, if 3d modeling programs could talk, mine would be throwing a fit...:D
started work on the U-1, not much to show that's worth a screenshot

Good to hear, but is there any chance of adapting the model for the U-19, U-35, and other more modern boats? We really need to start work on their exteriors. Don't take this the wrong way, but as Deamon pointed out the U-1 saw little service.

FYI I will be drawing up a more detailed "plan of action" so that the work's a little less haphazard. Expect to receive it by PM soon.

Task Force 09-13-09 10:55 PM

This looks very good IABL & crew.:up:

iambecomelife 09-13-09 11:03 PM

I just found a nice (but tragic) clip on Youtube commemorating the "Lusitania" sinking. I might like to use something similar to replace the starting menu movie. After all, a bunch of swarthy American sailors will look a little bit out of place in a WWI mod. :hmmm:

Oh, and one quibble - in the movie at 1:00 it looks like U-20 has two torpedo tubes on her starboard side, implying a total of 4. My sources indicate she had only two forward TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN95z...eature=related

linerkiller 09-14-09 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 1171594)
I just found a nice (but tragic) clip on Youtube commemorating the "Lusitania" sinking. I might like to use something similar to replace the starting menu movie. After all, a bunch of swarthy American sailors will look a little bit out of place in a WWI mod. :hmmm:

Oh, and one quibble - in the movie at 1:00 it looks like U-20 has two torpedo tubes on her starboard side, implying a total of 4. My sources indicate she had only two forward TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN95z...eature=related

Iam...probably you have already noticed that the underwater scenes are taken from U-571 and the u-boot depicted is nothing more than a VIIC. If you want a good ww1 U-boat reproduction search into youtube for the movie Britannic, ( fanta-historical movie based on the sinking of titanic's sistership in the first world war). The U-boat is very good, it seem to be the same class of Max Valentiner's U-39.

Congratulations for the idea of creating a ww1 mod...good luck!
lk

GerritJ9 09-14-09 03:11 AM

I'll start scanning the relevant pages of "Geschichte des deutschen UBootbaus""..........

iambecomelife 09-14-09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GerritJ9 (Post 1171650)
I'll start scanning the relevant pages of "Geschichte des deutschen UBootbaus""..........

Thank you very much. Again, we really need scans of the middle-war U-Boats like U-19, U-35, and U-87 that were common & medium-sized. Very important for players who aren't interested in cruiser subs or tiny boats with two torpedoes.

Admiral Von Gerlach 09-15-09 01:47 AM

I hope this project indeed comes to be...are these surface ships actually working in the game yet?

and a small note about lusitania, it as indeed carrying a huge number of rounds of ammunition contrary to what the British said at the time, so it was indeed a legitimate target. Such is the sad state of truth in war.