SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Elon Musk takes over Twitter (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=252523)

Gorpet 12-06-22 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dargo (Post 2840789)
The Twittergate files:
Hunter Biden got some hookers, smoked some crack, snorted some cocaine, probably took meth too. These are things right-wingers do all the time - so we're confused as to why they're so mad about it. Are they mad they weren't invited to the party? Is that what triggered the right wing? Breaking: Hunter Biden's Triggers Right Wing Incel Movement to Question their Own Manhood & Womanhood. Maybe that's why there are so many right-wingers trying to get the pictures

These are things right-wingers do all the time, How would you know? About so called right-wingers? Your youth and is showing and there is nothing you can do to hide it.If you want to join the adults.Get a job leave mom and dad. hell if you really want to grow up quick, Join the Ukraine Army . But left wing mouths are always the same.They shout about everything...You but not me right comrade.

Gorpet 12-06-22 11:33 PM

what the hells going on here at subsim.

It would seem, Pancakes are in order. An old intel layer that is just as good today as yesterday.Now if Dargo has any kind of Balls? And really wants to make a difference, Get your ass to the front lines of NATO. If you survive. The World is Yours.

Gorpet 12-06-22 11:59 PM

But you know, Drago will not go. will you? Your just another rich kid that's moulding and expressing right?

Jimbuna 12-07-22 03:09 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/FHWMhRt0/adminwatch-2.gif

Buddahaid 12-15-22 12:55 AM

Oops, how awful that publicly available facts get tweeted inconvieniently. Twitter twattle tweetle de dumb. Spin on it Elon.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63978323

Ostfriese 12-15-22 01:18 AM

That account doesn't even track Musk's jet, it just uses the data any civilian aircraft has to transmit regularly while in flight. That data is easily available on the internet.

Buddahaid 12-15-22 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2842555)
That account doesn't even track Musk's jet, it just uses the data any civilian aircraft has to transmit regularly while in flight. That data is easily available on the internet.

Exactly. Elon bans an account for posting publicly available inconvienient facts. Twitter is dead.

Ostfriese 12-15-22 03:42 AM

The true irony is: publishing flight records is protected under the first amendment, according to a US supreme court decision made back in 1979.

Skybird 12-15-22 06:00 AM

When you are no boring average Joe with three credit cars that all are overdue, but a wealthy man that is 190 bn coins heavy, you have a very different and far more more serious reason to be concered about situational updates on your family's exact locations and movements and positions being made all too easily available to a wide public. Its not as if kidnapping or assassination are just words and have never been seen done in reality. And being wealthy to such degrees as Musk is wealthy, are a very strong incentive for criminals to attack him, blackmailing him.

I am no fan of Musk, and I cannot stand this guy, though respecting some of his business success: success proves him right (and failures prove him wrong, of course). But Musk simply protects his family here. If I were in his place, I would have done the same.

Ostfriese 12-15-22 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird (Post 2842568)
I am no fan of Musk, and I cannot stand this guy, though respecting some of his business success: success proves him right (and failures prove him wrong, of course). But Musk simply protects his family here. If I were in his place, I would have done the same.

That's nonsense. Data like that is easily available, there's quite a number of people whose private aircraft are being tracked like this, and it's been done for years, if not decades.

Ostfriese 12-16-22 12:43 AM

Twitter has banned the accounts of at least seven journalists, among them Keith Olbermann and Aaron Rupar

Free Spech? Only if you say what I want.

MaDef 12-16-22 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2842673)
Twitter has banned the accounts of at least seven journalists, among them Keith Olbermann and Aaron Rupar

Free Spech? Only if you say what I want.

How is it any different than what was going on 6 months ago, other than it is liberal pundits being "banned" rather than conservative pundits.

Ostfriese 12-16-22 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaDef (Post 2842675)
How is it any different than what was going on 6 months ago, other than it is liberal pundits being "banned" rather than conservative pundits.

So, demanding "free speech" does not include everyone? Thanks for making clear what everyone already knew about the "conservative" mindset.

em2nought 12-16-22 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ostfriese (Post 2842676)
So, demanding "free speech" does not include everyone? Thanks for making clear what everyone already knew about the "conservative" mindset.

I think he's just giving them a demonstration of their own ideals in action, maybe they'll wake up. Good for Elon! :salute:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QemnarzGmks/maxresdefault.jpg

Ostfriese 12-16-22 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by em2nought (Post 2842693)
I think he's just giving them a demonstration of their own ideals in action, maybe they'll wake up. Good for Elon! :salute:

Actually he just shows what "free speech" really means to you guys: "we are allowed to say what we want without facing consequences, and you have to shut up."