SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Merging Classic and Indie (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143507)

Letum 10-23-08 04:23 PM

Merging Classic and Indie

How about merging the Classic and Indie sections of the forum?

Onkel Neal 03-24-09 12:00 AM

Reasons? Make your arguement. :shucks:

nikimcbee 03-24-09 09:52 AM

I'd say the indie could use some orginizin'. Maybe merge some of the redunant threads and remove the ones that aren't "indie" games. It would make the progress of some of the older indie games to follow. Just a sugestion though. Maybe fot the classic thread, you could "sub":haha: group or sticky some of the more common games, such as SH or AOD.

Onkel Neal 03-24-09 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 1071028)
I'd say the indie could use some orginizin'. Maybe merge some of the redunant threads and remove the ones that aren't "indie" games. It would make the progress of some of the older indie games to follow. Just a sugestion though. Maybe fot the classic thread, you could "sub":haha: group or sticky some of the more common games, such as SH or AOD.

Ok, I'll start looking at it.

thanks
Neal

Letum 04-29-09 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1070866)
Reasons? Make your arguement. :shucks:

Ohh! this got a reply at last. Thanks.
Reasons:
Both forums are quiet and cover somewhat similar topics. One forum would
serve the purpose just as well and therefore there is little justification for
having separate sections for both in the interest of keeping the forum tidy.

Deamon 05-06-09 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letum (Post 972446)
How about merging the Classic and Indie sections of the forum?

What have indi to do with classic ? Well maybe the time they need to get finished and released make them sort of classic already at the time of release :haha:

No seriously, - over my dead body only! -

What next ? merging the IUF forum with classic too, because it is quiet ?

I think the different forums serve a specific purpose. It is true that the indi forum got quiet since Mike, Leif and Manuel left it. I of course got an own forum section now so all IUF related discussions do not happen on the indi forum anymore.

There are still some indies like chad, GCB and danger from the deep for whome the forum is of use(well and form time to time I also get to post some news from Mike). And who is going to come to the idea to look in the classic forum for indi projects ? This will only contribute to confusion and cut away the audience flow to the indi projects.

The discussions on the classic forum will drawn away the indi threads with time and who is going to sort it out then anyway ?

And besides that I will not give up the birth place of my project without a fight for nostalgical purposes alone. Everytime I log on to the forum and see the indi forum it reminds me how everything began, reawaking all the sinpiration I got from this indi forum here, back in the days and I don't want this to change any time soon. This forum changed in many ways and I like to keep the fond memories how it once was. The indi forum is my spiritual connection to the good old days and I still gain strength from it by just looking at it.

So don't touch it if you don't want to get my fist in your face!

Deamon 05-06-09 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 1071028)
I'd say the indie could use some orginizin'. Maybe merge some of the redunant threads and remove the ones that aren't "indie" games.

Here we go again. ERT IS an indi game, dude. :O:

I told you it once and I say it again, get a job niki :D

nikimcbee 05-07-09 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 1097128)
Here we go again. ERT IS an indi game, dude. :O:

I told you it once and I say it again, get a job niki :D

:nope:
bad hair day?

Deamon 05-07-09 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikimcbee (Post 1097308)
:nope:
bad hair day?

Nah, I was just kidding. You can take some fun don't ya ? :D

nikimcbee 05-07-09 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 1097321)
Nah, I was just kidding. You can take some fun don't ya ? :D

oh, just checking:oops:. For a moment, I thought you were serious:woot:.

Deamon 05-07-09 09:32 AM

niki haven't you forgot something ?

Chad 05-07-09 11:31 AM

Quote:

What have indi to do with classic ? Well maybe the time they need to get finished and released make them sort of classic already at the time of release :haha:

No seriously, - over my dead body only! -

What next ? merging the IUF forum with classic too, because it is quiet ?

I think the different forums serve a specific purpose. It is true that the indi forum got quiet since Mike, Leif and Manuel left it. I of course got an own forum section now so all IUF related discussions do not happen on the indi forum anymore.

There are still some indies like chad, GCB and danger from the deep for whome the forum is of use(well and form time to time I also get to post some news from Mike). And who is going to come to the idea to look in the classic forum for indi projects ? This will only contribute to confusion and cut away the audience flow to the indi projects.

The discussions on the classic forum will drawn away the indi threads with time and who is going to sort it out then anyway ?

And besides that I will not give up the birth place of my project without a fight for nostalgical purposes alone. Everytime I log on to the forum and see the indi forum it reminds me how everything began, reawaking all the sinpiration I got from this indi forum here, back in the days and I don't want this to change any time soon. This forum changed in many ways and I like to keep the fond memories how it once was. The indi forum is my spiritual connection to the good old days and I still gain strength from it by just looking at it.
Well said! :yeah:

Letum 05-08-09 04:32 PM

Would you be happier if it was renamed to "Other Subsims" or some other appropriate and encompassing name?

Deamon 05-09-09 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letum (Post 1098097)
Would you be happier if it was renamed to "Other Subsims" or some other appropriate and encompassing name?

You mean after it has been dumped into the classic forum ?

Letum 05-13-09 09:49 PM

"Dumped"?
Is that how you see it?
Why "dumped" rather than promoted?