SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Italian Atlantic Campaign for SH4 + OM V2.0 RELEASED (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=253784)

SwissSubCommander 05-04-23 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2865762)
How close to 15 seconds in length is your diving sequence SwissSubCommander? We did some judicious editing of the Crash_Dive sequence in FotRSU, which at the time of "The Sound" was 21 seconds long. We got rid of some "dead air" at either end of the file, and did some editing in the middle, which got us to 18 seconds, and then we used Reaper to alter the speed that the file plays at, and got it down to less that 15 seconds (14.92 if I remember correctly). We also had to edit the "Creaks" sounds similarly, since two of the four were too long. The "bell" sound in our old crash dive was the sound that got "stuck" in the que, and is what made the "ding" we would hear sound once every second. Strange stuff... We have since changed more of our sound files for quite a few bits, and are more closely in accordance with the "when in doubt, do it like Stock" missive from CapnScurvy... lol :arrgh!:

In its current form it is 36 seconds long :woot:

propbeanie 05-04-23 06:41 AM

Ahhh... that would be quite a bit of editing then... lol - The "creak" sounds (four files, "Creaks_LevelX.wav" with the "X" a number) were the actual culprits in FotRSU. Those caused the game to grab that last little bit of the too-long Crash_Dive audio. Those should also be under 15 seconds in length, such as 14.99 seconds or lower. I looked for my notes last night from when we went through the sound files several years ago, and cannot find them... But some sounds have to be less that 5 seconds (FX4??), others are 15 seconds, and the ambient sounds can be rather long. You also should match the sample rate (such as 22.05 or 44.1 kHz), mono or stereo, and the bit-depth (16 bits or lower) of Stock.

SwissSubCommander 05-24-23 08:03 AM

Small patch with a few optical improvements. Read description:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6346

igor7111 01-26-24 03:45 PM

Thanks for doing this fantastic mod. I'm having a great time with it.

SwissSubCommander 02-06-24 03:38 PM

Thanks igor, glad you are enjoying it :Kaleun_Salute:

1Patriotofmany 02-28-24 10:40 PM

Is there a fix for the audio repeating yet after slowing down the time compression using the minus on the sim? I understand that using backspace is a manual workaround, but I use multiple mods and it's certainly hard for me to remember not to use the minus in the game. Anybody know what the cause of that bug is?

KaleunMarco 02-28-24 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2904311)
Is there a fix for the audio repeating yet after slowing down the time compression using the minus on the sim? I understand that using backspace is a manual workaround, but I use multiple mods and it's certainly hard for me to remember not to use the minus in the game. Anybody know what the cause of that bug is?

this is a SWAG on my part, having designed systems for thirty years, but not this one.:03:

the game was designed with certain output queues, like sound.
so, events occur during the play and sound files queue up to be played but because the player accelerated TC sound will not play again until TC retreats to whatever the sound threshold TC is.
so, you surface, give a course change, give a speed order, and then accelerate TC to 1024 in quick succession. not all of the sound files generated from your orders will have had sufficient time to play out, so they remain in the queue. when you drop out of warp-TC, the queue is then played out.
at least that is how i think it works.:hmmm:

it's not necessarily a bug...just an unintended feature.

1Patriotofmany 02-29-24 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2904314)
this is a SWAG on my part, having designed systems for thirty years, but not this one.:03:

the game was designed with certain output queues, like sound.
so, events occur during the play and sound files queue up to be played but because the player accelerated TC sound will not play again until TC retreats to whatever the sound threshold TC is.
so, you surface, give a course change, give a speed order, and then accelerate TC to 1024 in quick succession. not all of the sound files generated from your orders will have had sufficient time to play out, so they remain in the queue. when you drop out of warp-TC, the queue is then played out.
at least that is how i think it works.:hmmm:

it's not necessarily a bug...just an unintended feature.

Hmmmm the same phrase is just repeated over and over.

KaleunMarco 02-29-24 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2904376)

yeah, i have had that experience too. my apologies for misreading your issue.
trying to remember....i think i had to stop SH4, reboot, and relaunch SH4 to get it to stop. it has been a while.....

OberstRaul 03-01-24 02:31 PM

Wanted to say it's a really awesome mod and I love the idea of having finally some subs that are of other nations then Germany or USA :D Never had Italy in an Subsim game playable. Thank you a lot!

1Patriotofmany 03-01-24 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OberstRaul (Post 2904496)
Wanted to say it's a really awesome mod and I love the idea of having finally some subs that are of other nations then Germany or USA :D Never had Italy in an Subsim game playable. Thank you a lot!

There's also Japanese and British available for download on the site.

Aktungbby 03-03-24 11:58 AM

Welcome back!

OberstRaul!:Kaleun_Salute:..."modded" back to the surface after an 8-year 'silent run'!:up:

SwissSubCommander 03-06-24 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany (Post 2904376)

When this happens to me I save, and then just load the created save, dont even have to go back to the main menu

SwissSubCommander 03-11-24 08:04 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/8PF9pxks/Silent...4-01-28-08.png

Sciré surfacing after a job well done