SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Will Spotify Dump Rogan? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=251764)

Armistead 01-31-22 11:41 AM

Will Spotify Dump Rogan?

I don't think so, but Rogan responds. https://www.dailywire.com/news/joe-r...GFqDr1MwQ9sq8k

u crank 01-31-22 11:49 AM

Not a chance.

Jimbuna 01-31-22 01:19 PM

Can't see it happening myself.

Catfish 01-31-22 01:36 PM

I know nothing about this 'Rogan' cult and frankly, i do not care.
I know a bit about Neil Young though.

mapuc 01-31-22 01:44 PM

As a person who love free speech I do not like when some are restricted in what they are allowed to say.

Let them speak freely - Let it be up to the listerne to believe or reject what has been said to the audience.

Markus

Arlo 01-31-22 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2791014)
As a person who love free speech I do not like when some are restricted in what they are allowed to say.

Let them speak freely - Let it be up to the listerne to believe or reject what has been said to the audience.

Markus

There are practical limitations to 'free speech' in a society that looks out for the well-being of its populace. Undermining medical expertise during a pandemic is a behavior that that undermines a culture of safety and wrongly (maybe even criminally) so.

mapuc 01-31-22 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlo (Post 2791036)
There are practical limitations to 'free speech' in a society that looks out for the well-being of its populace. Undermining medical expertise during a pandemic is a behavior that that undermines a culture of safety and wrongly (maybe even criminally) so.

When I mean free speech I do not mean free to call another person ugly thing.
Then I personally don't like a comment or similar with ugly words.

I've meet people who reject certain historical things-It's their right to have this opinion. I on the other hand can NOT support this standpoint.
(Well they could not be my friends either)

Markus

Catfish 01-31-22 03:52 PM

^ Ok so "the Holocaust was a lie and propaganda, just to paint Hitler in an unfavourable light".
Just an opinion, you know? Why not spread it everywhere to get more Google clicks, it is my right.
What if some idiot tells that, what if a president tells that. Both have their opinions.

Arlo 01-31-22 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapuc (Post 2791043)
When I mean free speech I do not mean free to call another person ugly thing.

Methinks you misunderstand what 'undermine' means.

mapuc 01-31-22 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2791047)
^ Ok so "the Holocaust was a lie and propaganda, just to paint Hitler in an unfavourable light".
Just an opinion, you know? Why not spread it everywhere to get more Google clicks, it is my right.
What if some idiot tells that, what if a president tells that. Both have their opinions.

I also wrote
"I on the other hand can NOT support this standpoint.
(Well they could not be my friends either)"

I support their right to speak freely, but I may not support the content of this speech. AND I do NOT support such an opinion as mentioned by the example you posted.

Markus

mapuc 01-31-22 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlo (Post 2791048)
Methinks you misunderstand what 'undermine' means.

I know what you mean and I forgot to write about it in my last answer to you.

An example.
Some people says in the show that the vaccine contain nano-cells so (forgot his name)can track you.

This may undermine the hard work the health authorities are doing to get people vaccinated against Corona.

Markus

Catfish 01-31-22 04:10 PM

^ So like "I do not share Hitler's point of view, but he has every right to say what he wants. Let him go on."

u crank 01-31-22 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2791010)
I know nothing about this 'Rogan' cult and frankly, i do not care.
I know a bit about Neil Young though.

If you don't know anything about Joe Rogan why would you refer to it as a cult?

I use to be a big Neil Young fan and proud that he is a Canadian. Not any more. His childish behavior here is as illiberal as it gets. Don't like other peoples opinions ... get them deplatformed. What a jerk.

Arlo 01-31-22 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2791060)
If you don't know anything about Joe Rogan why would you refer to it as a cult?

I use to be a big Neil Young fan and proud that he is a Canadian. Not any more. His childish behavior here is as illiberal as it gets. Don't like other peoples opinions ... get them deplatformed. What a jerk.

Some people's 'opinions' get other people dead but they don't care. That's a much worse flavor of childish. Responsibility. Some people can't do it.

Catfish 01-31-22 04:43 PM

@ucrank as you might know Neil has protested against some music company before.
Just his opinion, he continues his life-long political action he is known for. I would not even call it political, it is right or wrong for him. He was and is not always right, but more believable than a lot of others.
He just says he does not want to support a company that does deals with Rogan, so he's out of Spotify, that's it.

re Rogan, i still have no idea, but browsing a bit i think he's engaged in the sublime art of self portrayal with his show. Since he was seen with some anti vaxxers the right instinctively loves him.