SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

milky 02-10-15 05:27 PM

Figured out my previous problem. All you have to do is simply select the main SH5 Folder and it automatically finds the files.

----------------------------------

Another issue popped up, though. It seems while submerged, my commands for ahead slow, ahead 1/3 are not working properly.

When I press (1) for Ahead Slow, it stays at 0, when I press 2 for ahead 1/3 the ship speed then goes ahead slow .. not sure how to fix this. Any ideas?

I do not have on TWI's Real Navigation mod, though. I left that off.

vdr1981 02-10-15 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milky (Post 2286340)
Figured out my previous problem. All you have to do is simply select the main SH5 Folder and it automatically finds the files.

----------------------------------

Another issue popped up, though. It seems while submerged, my commands for ahead slow, ahead 1/3 are not working properly.

When I press (1) for Ahead Slow, it stays at 0, when I press 2 for ahead 1/3 the ship speed then goes ahead slow .. not sure how to fix this. Any ideas?

I do not have on TWI's Real Navigation mod, though. I left that off.

You should use it, it is really game changer...
Regarding your problem, it's just a little side effect of TDW electric engine rations patch, nothing to worry about...Resoulting RPM/Speed is correct, only GUI output is a bit messed up...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaick (Post 2286338)
This mod looks really awesome and would love to try it out, but can I make a suggestion?

Can you have another place to download it? Mediafire really sucks for me. I'm getting a download of 30kb/s for about 5 minutes then it just stops. :(

Just say where...I tried few times to upload it here at Subsim but I failed.

Jaick 02-10-15 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2286352)

Just say where...I tried few times to upload it here at Subsim but I failed.

What about Gamefront? http://www.gamefront.com/

I appreciate that you are willing.

Thanks!

vdr1981 02-10-15 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaick (Post 2286353)
What about Gamefront? http://www.gamefront.com/

I appreciate that you are willing.

Thanks!

I've never been able to download anything from gamefront:doh:. Does it required user login to download something?

P.S. Maybe I should just go the pirate bay and upload the megamod together with prepatched SH5.exe... :D
Naah, they are also in the problems these days... :P

Jaick 02-10-15 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2286359)
I've never been able to download anything from gamefront:doh:. Does it required user login to download something?

P.S. Maybe I should just go the pirate bay and upload the megamod together with prepatched SH5.exe... :D
Naah, they are also in the problems these days... :P

Here's a question.

Dragon had a addon for your mod, it was for WoS 1.02. It contained the complete 1.02 version of WoS separately along with his addon. I was able to get that downloaded. Do I just install the patch to get to 1.03 (also does Patch 2 contain patch 1)? Did everyone have to redownload the whole mod when you released 1.03?

vdr1981 02-10-15 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaick (Post 2286360)
Here's question.

Dragon had a addon for your mod, it was for WoS 1.02. It contained the complete 1.02 version of WoS separately along with his addon. I was able to get that downloaded. Do I just install the patches to get to 1.03?

No...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaick (Post 2286360)
Did everyone have to redownload the whole mod when you released 1.03?

Yes...

Jaick 02-10-15 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2286362)
No...

Yes...

Shame.

Well as for your previous question, no Gamefront does not require you to sign up to download anything, at least not from my experience.

There's also this site: http://depositfiles.com/

Mediafire sadly is just really screwed up. Immediately times out my download. Really want to use this mod but it seems the forces that be are against me. Doh!

test_m4a1 02-10-15 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

I have enabled all mods, including patch 2 and when im trying to take step 6 "using generic patcher" i have this kind of errors while im choosing SH5 game folder...

vdr1981 02-10-15 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test_m4a1 (Post 2286376)
Hi guys,

I have enabled all mods, including patch 2 and when im trying to take step 6 "using generic patcher" i have this kind of errors while im choosing SH5 game folder...

Obviously you've done something wrong. Can you give me screenshot of your JSGME?
Does your patcher window looks like this when you start it?

http://s6.postimg.org/716rectpt/Capture.jpg

test_m4a1 02-10-15 08:16 PM

My JSGME has only 2 mods inside - like on the list:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 2

First im enabling 1.03 - then patch 2

Then im opening generic patcher, starting .exe choosing language - then "open" and choosing folder of SH5 - clicking OK - then i have this error...

Should i first enable 1.03 then use generic patcher - then enable patch 2 and again generic patcher or can use generic patcher once after this 2 mods?

vdr1981 02-10-15 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test_m4a1 (Post 2286386)
My JSGME has only 2 mods inside - like on the list:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 2

First im enabling 1.03 - then patch 2

Then im opening generic patcher, starting .exe choosing language - then "open" and choosing folder of SH5 - clicking OK - then i have this error...

Should i first enable 1.03 then use generic patcher - then enable patch 2 and again generic patcher or can use generic patcher once after this 2 mods?

Did you patched the game to v1.2.0 ?

meeexc 02-11-15 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2286256)
Check out readme file for this mod

Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_v1.0

Okay thanks, is there any possibility to reactivate this features? I don't get it from the readme.

EDIT: After some time i know that the command should be in the page layout.ini but i realy dont get how you disabled the command. *g* I rly dont know something about the game structure so it will take me hours to find the right file and line to change. Would you be so kind and help me? After some changes i get the symbol back but after i lock the target the symbol stays grey and i can't click it.

vdr1981 02-11-15 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeexc (Post 2286450)
Okay thanks, is there any possibility to reactivate this features? I don't get it from the readme.

EDIT: After some time i know that the command should be in the page layout.ini but i realy dont get how you disabled the command. *g* I rly dont know something about the game structure so it will take me hours to find the right file and line to change. Would you be so kind and help me? After some changes i get the symbol back but after i lock the target the symbol stays grey and i can't click it.

Maybe I'll create in the future something like "rookie add on" or similar...Until then, use that recognition manual. There aren't to many ships to be recognized in SH5, unfortunately. Also, auto rec. function will recognize ship 20km away which is serious game breaker IMO...

meeexc 02-11-15 06:26 AM

Yes, i'm with you, using this function 20 km is rly game breakting!
I haven't played SH5 for a long time yet and was handicaped in ship recognition so would like to use the function to be sure. I thought it would be done quick by myself but i think i have to change some scripts also ... thats to much work for me for only one function. So everything is right and i'll play it like it is now ;-)

Square7 02-11-15 06:34 AM

Accept new Mission without returnung to Kiel?

Hello!
I am really enjoying this mod pack, its just soo good really. I am having so much fun playing it and learning more about it.

But I run into a problem: At first after finishing the Poland Mission I had to time accelerate 2 days or so until the british coast mission was available, is this how it should be? So I started a new patrol and while I was on my way to the british east coast the special mission "Breaking the Fortress" became available (but I did not recieve a radio message as far as I know). So I wantet to try it but was not sure whetther it will count because I could not accept the mission, it turned out: It did not count.

So my question is: Is there any way to accept new missions without being forced to return to Kiel? It just takes so long every time... I was used to resupplieng in Helgoland most of the times.

Another thing I've noticed: Since the special mission was available I am not able to see misison objective markers on the map anymore (e.g.: center of patrol area).

Note: I am using the full download version of Dragon's Addon to WoS (+the German text mod), which is a bit old I think (WoS V. 1.02 Patch 5) but I wasnt able to get Real Navigation running with the newer Version and Dragons Addon.

Square7 02-11-15 06:40 AM

Reactivation auto Recognition

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeexc (Post 2286450)

You could try Dragon's Addon (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215304) if you like the other changes he did. It is kind of a rookie version of WoS. At the beginning I really liked the "Das Boot" movie dialogs in the game, but I am thinking about deactivating this because its really repetitive after some time.

test_m4a1 02-11-15 07:48 AM

vdr1981 - Im not stupid, game is patched to 1.2.0 :))

Funny thing is that i have deleted all game, documents etc. i made again fresh copy and after enabling all modst there ARE NOT this errors anymore while i did everything to the step the same. :-?

vdr1981 - Should i first enable 1.03 then use generic patcher - then enable patch 2 and again generic patcher OR can use generic patcher once after enabling this 2 mods?

vdr1981 02-11-15 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test_m4a1 (Post 2286514)
vdr1981 - Im not stupid, game is patched to 1.2.0 :))

Funny thing is that i have deleted all game, documents etc. i made again fresh copy and after enabling all modst there ARE NOT this errors anymore while i did everything to the step the same. :-?

vdr1981 - Should i first enable 1.03 then use generic patcher - then enable patch 2 and again generic patcher OR can use generic patcher once after enabling this 2 mods?

No, enable the main mod, then patch, and then use TDW patcher application. Say if it works now...

meeexc 02-11-15 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Square7 (Post 2286494)
You could try Dragon's Addon (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215304) if you like the other changes he did. It is kind of a rookie version of WoS. At the beginning I really liked the "Das Boot" movie dialogs in the game, but I am thinking about deactivating this because its really repetitive after some time.

Thank you drew my attention to it. I'll give it a try and see if it works better for me.
Thanks a lot guys, for ur work. I made my first modding exp some years ago, so i know that it taks a LOT of time to do this. Great =)

Aktungbby 02-11-15 08:47 AM

welcome aboard!

Square7! :Kaleun_Salute: