SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Dainem 05-13-21 05:08 AM

Hello.

I am completely new to Silent Hunter 5 and TWOS. I played SH 3 a lot. I have two questions:

1. TWOS uses TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 and TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0. Can I disable them so that the map shows me red colors for enemies and their direction (like SH3)?

2. Can I change the Auto TDC like SH3? Without the 3 numbers. Just "Fire and Forget".

Greetings

Dainem

Aktungbby 05-13-21 09:49 AM

Welcome aboard!

Dainem!:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-13-21 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dainem (Post 2747520)
Hello.

I am completely new to Silent Hunter 5 and TWOS. I played SH 3 a lot. I have two questions:

1. TWOS uses TDW_No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 and TDW_No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0. Can I disable them so that the map shows me red colors for enemies and their direction (like SH3)?

2. Can I change the Auto TDC like SH3? Without the 3 numbers. Just "Fire and Forget".

Greetings

Dainem

1- Activate the addon mod contact colors with JSGME.

2 - Use the OFEV app and in the map options activate the Auto TDC according to your taste: three points or fire & forget.

PD: Use manual TDC. Be more agressive.

Best regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Beethopfen 05-13-21 12:26 PM

Auto TDC issues

Hello :salute:

First: Brilliant mod, I absolutely love it, hardly enjoyed anything quite as much. It feels so serious, I've been missing that with games lately. You can tell that this hasn't been written by some heartless ubisoft guys but from actual enthusiasts. So heartwarming! Second: I am sure this has been asked a dozen times, but nevertheless: I am struggeling with Auto TDC. If I lock on a target it used to stay locked even when I leave the periscope for a moment or have a look at the map. But since I installed the mod it keeps unlocking itself. For example on the map locked targets used to be marked, now the mark disappears after a while. I also noticed, that the "lock target" button disappeared with the mod, does that have someting to do with each other and is there a possibility to get the button back? I did like it :)

Thanks for any possible answers!
Beethopfen

Aktungbby 05-13-21 04:05 PM

Welcome aboard!

Beethopfen!:Kaleun_Salute: nice silent run and first post!:up:

World_Devastator 05-13-21 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beethopfen (Post 2747613)
Hello :salute:

First: Brilliant mod, I absolutely love it, hardly enjoyed anything quite as much. It feels so serious, I've been missing that with games lately. You can tell that this hasn't been written by some heartless ubisoft guys but from actual enthusiasts. So heartwarming! Second: I am sure this has been asked a dozen times, but nevertheless: I am struggeling with Auto TDC. If I lock on a target it used to stay locked even when I leave the periscope for a moment or have a look at the map. But since I installed the mod it keeps unlocking itself. For example on the map locked targets used to be marked, now the mark disappears after a while. I also noticed, that the "lock target" button disappeared with the mod, does that have someting to do with each other and is there a possibility to get the button back? I did like it :)

Thanks for any possible answers!

Beethopfen

Go to the bottom right officer when holding mouse over the pop-up in the middle. It click on him and the icon to lock target will show up to the right.

I just like to have a good time, I try to be as realistic as possible but I do use Auto TDC with TWOS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dainem 05-14-21 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2747577)
1- Activate the addon mod contact colors with JSGME.

2 - Use the OFEV app and in the map options activate the Auto TDC according to your taste: three points or fire & forget.

PD: Use manual TDC. Be more agressive.

Best regards and good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Thank you!

About Point 1: Can I change the colors? I have a "red green weeknees" and canīt differentiate between Red and Green. And the "tail" on the contact seems to be missing.

About Point 2: I canīt find the mentioned TAC option in the "map option" section of the OFEV app.

I have another question: Can I disable the "unnecessary" radio messages which are in english? (I play with the german translation of TWOS). Or can I prevent the time compression to stop when they are reported? I donīt understand the different options you have in the game about this topic. The game should pause when I get a vital contact information but not when I get a "filler" radio message.

About TWOS: This mod is awesome! And very overwhelming. Is there a manual like the "Agru Front Lehrmaterialen" manual?

Dainem

kiwikid1940 05-14-21 10:53 PM

Hopefully some one can point out what is wrong with my setup.

On starting a new campaign I save on entering then close down SH5 and then open SH5 again and reload saved position.

After orders are given and I start the patrol I open up the 'Harbour Pilot' and pick the right starting port which is activated in green BUT as soon as my sub moves off the Harbour Pilot leaves my sub !!!!!!

No matter which campaign I choose the result is the same.

Am I going to have to uninstall SH5 and TWOs and start again???

Mike

Beethopfen 05-15-21 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aktungbby (Post 2747643)
Beethopfen!:Kaleun_Salute: nice silent run and first post!:up:

Dankesehr :Kaleun_Wink:

Beethopfen 05-15-21 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by World_Devastator (Post 2747663)
Go to the bottom right officer when holding mouse over the pop-up in the middle. It click on him and the icon to lock target will show up to the right.

I just like to have a good time, I try to be as realistic as possible but I do use Auto TDC with TWOS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but what do you mean with buttom right? You mean in the HUD? I somehow don't have these little pictures of my officers and don't know, how to acitvate them.

les green01 05-15-21 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beethopfen (Post 2747888)
Thanks, but what do you mean with buttom right? You mean in the HUD? I somehow don't have these little pictures of my officers and don't know, how to acitvate them.

they should show up when you mouse pointer over them

Dainem 05-16-21 05:55 AM

Can I change the keyboard settings easily? The keymapper mod doesnīt find the commands.cfg and I havenīt found a list of all the key codes for all the keys to change the commands.cfg manually.

My german laptop keyboard layout has some problems with the standard controls.

GrenSo 05-16-21 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dainem (Post 2748026)
Can I change the keyboard settings easily? The keymapper mod doesnīt find the commands.cfg and I havenīt found a list of all the key codes for all the keys to change the commands.cfg manually.

My german laptop keyboard layout has some problems with the standard controls.

It works fine with the SH Keymapper. Just Copy the exe file in the mainfolder of you SH5 installation and start - maybe with admin rights - it. And load the keysettings you can see in the screenshot.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/att...1&d=1621163490

Aktungbby 05-16-21 09:25 AM

welcome back!

World_Devastator!:Kaleun_Salute: After a long silentrun!

Dainem 05-16-21 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2748029)
It works fine with the SH Keymapper. Just Copy the exe file in the mainfolder of you SH5 installation and start - maybe with admin rights - it. And load the keysettings you can see in the screenshot.

Thank you! I forgot to load the settings.

I now have another questions: I have just started the campaign (never played SH 5 before). I have sunken some ships and reloaded my torpedos at a harbor. I wanted to finish my "Feindfahrt" and traveled to Kiel, my current "Heimathafen" (home base harbor). When I arrived I had no option to stop and go to the bunker. Can I only do this then the campaign time is over?

Also: I am now trying the "real navigation mod". Feels completely different. I just realised that the navigation tools are inverted: at my compass 0 is 180, west is east etc... This makes it difficult to get a precise new course. I have found a draggable compass with the correct coordinates but using the standard compass or the ruler would be easier. Can I change the normal compass? And why is it inverted anyway?