SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-27-21 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738935)
I done today a complete new installation of SH5 mit all UBI patches and install than TWoS. Everything was fine but in stock version of TWoS - without any mods - I cannot see any smoke on the subs. I know I had it in past but I cannot tell when or when I lose it, because I noticed it last weekend with TWoS version 2.2.23.

Hi GrenSo I wanted to try a reinstallation but I see you still have the problem too so I will wait. Does Vecko play on nvidia? .. if yes we should have screens of its config with inpector that will help maybe no :06:

GrenSo 03-28-21 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2739031)
Hi GrenSo I wanted to try a reinstallation but I see you still have the problem too so I will wait. Does Vecko play on nvidia? .. if yes we should have screens of its config with inpector that will help maybe no :06:

Do have AMD or NVidia and which driver version do you use?
In SH5 I have all graphic setting on the highest value. And I do not think that the settings from the AMD driver can be a reasons, because all other ships have smoke instead of the subs. :03:

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-28-21 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2739166)
Do have AMD or NVidia and which driver version do you use?
In SH5 I have all graphic setting on the highest value. And I do not think that the settings from the AMD driver can be a reasons, because all other ships have smoke instead of the subs. :03:

i play nvidia gtx980 with latest drivers 461.92 whql certify
processor intel i5 760 motherboard gigabyte P55a ud3 yes me also the boats have no problem n y the rest ... but the submarine very little to smoke ...
you should know the Vecko config with these settings because he has no problem oh yes my game is an ubi dematerialiser gold version :03:

Einsamer-Wolf 03-29-21 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrenSo (Post 2738934)
The reason for the wrong shown version is the German translation of TWoS from Han2007, because the version is just a text in one file.
This is the reason why I do not use it anymore an play it in Englisch.

Thank you very much! Now it works properly. And it seems like my Torpedo-always-bounce-bug got also fixed.

Happy hunting everyone!

ingsoc39 03-29-21 05:45 PM

Install help please

Hello, I want to play SH5 again on new pc, and with the TWOS mod, yes im late to the party, but want to play. Which is easier to do? I have an original DVD copy of the game, its it better to install it and mod that, OR I also have it on UBI digital connect, in which case, I see this in the install notes, and have no idea what that means. Can anyone help please? Many Thanks!

If you own Digital/Ubisoft Connect downloadversion of the game, you'll have to perform manual sh5.exe replacement before you proceed to TWoS installation.

les green01 03-29-21 05:57 PM

i would go with the dvd if you use u-play or connect whatever it call then you have to copy the exe from your dvd or from the download here and replace the sh5 exe with it

Kal_Maximus_U669 03-30-21 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy_Eight65 (Post 2739417)
My compass / rudder control is stuck in the bottom right corner of the map screen in TWoS -- can't seem to move it, can't steer. Help!

_Check your: TWoS - "OptionsFileEditorViewer" if everything is in order ...
_ uninstall all your mods ... then launch the game with your "Viewer" options in order.
_then go try your rudder normally it should work now ...
_then reinstall your mods ... do not add anything that is not Vecko's job
i guess you play hud sh3 style or maybe sh4 style ...:Kaleun_Salute:

Sirrvs 03-30-21 08:17 AM

I've gotten the ship auto-recognition to work for the most part, where the weapons officer says the name of the ship, but I just wanted to confirm, there's no way to have the recognition manual automatically pop up with the identified ship, is there (like the way it was in SH3 GWX)? I know it's more realistic this way, but it can be quite tedious clicking through all the cargo ships.

SixthFall 03-30-21 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirrvs (Post 2739451)
I've gotten the ship auto-recognition to work for the most part, where the weapons officer says the name of the ship, but I just wanted to confirm, there's no way to have the recognition manual automatically pop up with the identified ship, is there (like the way it was in SH3 GWX)? I know it's more realistic this way, but it can be quite tedious clicking through all the cargo ships.

Yeah there's an option for it in the options file editor program

Also, can anyone walk me through how to change the German voices back to English? I know, much immersion with it being a German boat, but I'd like to understand what they are saying lol

Easy_Eight65 03-30-21 03:00 PM

Appreciate the suggestions, thnx. What should I be looking for in the OptionsFileEditorViewer? What order? In the middle of a campaign...I can uninstall mods without messing up my career?

Easy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 (Post 2739426)
_Check your: TWoS - "OptionsFileEditorViewer" if everything is in order ...
_ uninstall all your mods ... then launch the game with your "Viewer" options in order.
_then go try your rudder normally it should work now ...
_then reinstall your mods ... do not add anything that is not Vecko's job
i guess you play hud sh3 style or maybe sh4 style ...:Kaleun_Salute:

les green01 03-30-21 05:27 PM

never notice before but if you get close to the lifeboats they yell at you

Sirrvs 03-30-21 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SixthFall (Post 2739472)
Yeah there's an option for it in the options file editor program

Thanks, I found an option to put the name and type of ship on the periscope (as in my screenshot below), but specifically, I was wondering if there's a way to automatically bring up the targeted ship in the recognition book, in case I want more info on the ship? I tried clicking on the name, but it didn't do anything.

yagura 03-31-21 12:50 PM

Hi! I'm quite the newbie here and would like some clarification about some of the addons in JSGME.

Some addons are listed with the instruction "*enable the addon in port" - what does this exactly mean?

Do I need to disable the addon when I quit the game(before I start the game again?)

What if I have enabled the addon before going to sea and save my game whilst at sea, will loading the save file while having the addon enabled in JSGME make it still function correctly?

Thanks for all the amazing work! I will try to donate some day. :salute:

Sirrvs 03-31-21 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yagura (Post 2739619)
Hi! I'm quite the newbie here and would like some clarification about some of the addons in JSGME.

Some addons are listed with the instruction "*enable the addon in port" - what does this exactly mean?

Do I need to disable the addon when I quit the game(before I start the game again?)

What if I have enabled the addon before going to sea and save my game whilst at sea, will loading the save file while having the addon enabled in JSGME make it still function correctly?

Thanks for all the amazing work! I will try to donate some day. :salute:

I believe it just means that it's not a good idea to enable the addon and then load a savegame at sea in the middle of a mission because that can cause glitches. Better to wait until your savegame is in port, then enable the addon, then set sail. No need to disable it each session.

Aktungbby 04-02-21 04:29 PM

welcome aboard!

yagura!:Kaleun_Salute: