SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Bojanpopovic 05-26-19 10:01 AM

Hi, can I get little help here? It's August 1943, I'm on patrol near USA coast, just catch up convoy, spent almost all torps. When I request refuel, got coordinates, going to marked cross on the map, but when came close, game speed drops above 64, ok, i dive to precisely locate milkcow, but always find enemy DD going very fast, and never met him anyway. I repeated some other requests for resupply, but always same result, there is no milkcow uboat, but destroyer instead. Tried to reload game, but didn't solved the problem. What to do? Thanks.

Eikson 05-26-19 10:27 AM

Good Evening,

I redownloaded the installer two more times and the issue still persists. The installer crashes after 5 seconds every time. Could unpack the files with 7zip this time. Now I'll need to figure out how to install manually

Kind regards,

Eikson

vdr1981 05-26-19 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eikson (Post 2611459)
Now I'll need to figure out how to install manually

Kind regards,

Eikson

I'm afraid that may not be possible since the installer also have to delete large number of files as well. What is your OS?

EDIT:
This may be the solution for your problem...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ostcount=12238

fitzcarraldo 05-26-19 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eikson (Post 2611459)
Good Evening,

I redownloaded the installer two more times and the issue still persists. The installer crashes after 5 seconds every time. Could unpack the files with 7zip this time. Now I'll need to figure out how to install manually

Kind regards,

Eikson

From what folder did you launch the installer? Download it in the desktop, and in properties put it with administrator rights, Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility, and check the security in his tab. Do you have UAC active? Launch it with right click, open with administrator rights (not with double left click). Try....

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 05-26-19 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2611472)
Windows XP service pack 2 compatibility...

I don't think that's necessary...

Bojanpopovic 05-26-19 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2611454)
Hi, can I get little help here? It's August 1943, I'm on patrol near USA coast, just catch up convoy, spent almost all torps. When I request refuel, got coordinates, going to marked cross on the map, but when came close, game speed drops above 64, ok, i dive to precisely locate milkcow, but always find enemy DD going very fast, and never met him anyway. I repeated some other requests for resupply, but always same result, there is no milkcow uboat, but destroyer instead. Tried to reload game, but didn't solved the problem. What to do? Thanks.

Can somebody answer me please?

XenonSurf 05-26-19 02:55 PM

@Eikson,
apart launching the installer as 'Start as Admin' , also take the downloaded installer out of the Download folder into a free accessible folder before starting it.

excel4004 05-26-19 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckenberg (Post 2611341)
After a long time I greet all the Steel Wolves.:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Salut e:

:Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 05-26-19 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2611487)

Upload your gamesave. I'll try to test what's going on.

Eikson 05-27-19 06:16 AM

Quick update:

No fixes for the 2.2.12 Installer worked for me unfortunately. It's weird because there was no error during unpacking it via 7zip and all the included exe files(e.g. the patcher) work fine. Windows Defender, Bitdefender and all other programs that could interfere were shut off completely.

Unfortunately I'm on the road during the week because of work but I'll see if the 2.2.0 executable works.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Best,

Eikson

fitzcarraldo 05-27-19 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2611474)
I don't think that's necessary...

Same here. The installer works in W10. But each PC is a different world....

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-27-19 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojanpopovic (Post 2611487)

Did you try with low TC? Ever I approach for resupply at 32 or less TC. In TWoS isn't a good tidea to go over 128 TC max. This is why TC is limited in the mod. Over 64 TC you can have strange things. OK, it is playing time demanding but TWoS isn't an arcade subsim...

Regards.

vdr1981 05-27-19 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2611596)
Did you try with low TC? Ever I approach for resupply at 32 or less TC. In TWoS isn't a good tidea to go over 128 TC max. This is why TC is limited in the mod. Over 64 TC you can have strange things. OK, it is playing time demanding but TWoS isn't an arcade subsim...

Regards.

This is not really the case in TWoS for quite some time. Max 1024 TC limit works just fine even with not so powerful computers...

fitzcarraldo 05-27-19 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2611597)
This is not really the case in TWoS for quite some time. Max 1024 TC limit works just fine even with not so powerful computers...

Yes, but in open seas. Near convoys, supply ships, etc. it is better to approach slow for prevent strange behaviours and CTD. My experience, but I told: each PC is a unique world.

Many thanks!

vdr1981 05-27-19 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2611668)
Yes, but in open seas. Near convoys, supply ships, etc. it is better to approach slow for prevent strange behaviours and CTD. My experience, but I told: each PC is a unique world.

Many thanks!

Could be but from my experience, TC is rarely cause for a CTD. It's almost always a broken modlist and mods them self. Standalone mods are literally full of hidden CTD problems. Trust me, I know...:)