SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 06-09-17 03:29 AM

Just as I thought. I can not see any "unintended" issues on your pictures Nemesis, that's how TWoS with all the mods tweaks and fixes works. The only way to use stock rec.manual and to get interactive ship name in XO dialog menu is to use "auto ship identification" optional addon.
To save your and our time, I suggest you to check carefully TWoS documentation (faq and tips especially), changelogs history and also watch some TWoS YT videos, you'll find a lot of them... That will give you good idea about "what's going on"...:yep:

vdr1981 06-09-17 03:47 AM

By the way , I've "smuggled" few new and cool features into existing v2.0.2 update for testing purposes , so if you want to check them out , re-download latest update and enable it per instructions.

The main novelty is my attempt to utilize rarely used radioman's ability to take bearings of static radio sources and to transform it into basic radio navigation . This will be really cool addition IMO to already existing real navigation...

https://s6.postimg.org/xtu89j23x/SH5...4_23.26.56.jpg

Nemesis Bosseret 06-09-17 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2489691)
Just as I thought. I can not see any "unintended" issues on your pictures Nemesis, that's how TWoS with all the mods tweaks and fixes works. The only way to use stock rec.manual and to get interactive ship name in XO dialog menu is to use "auto ship identification" optional addon.
To save your and our time, I suggest you to check carefully TWoS documentation (faq and tips especially), changelogs history and also watch some TWoS YT videos, you'll find a lot of them... That will give you good idea about "what's going on"...:yep:

I tried that extra mod. Didn't work lol. Hence I'm saying screw it. When did you guys change the TDC?

Nemesis Bosseret 06-09-17 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2489694)
By the way , I've "smuggled" few new and cool features into existing v2.0.2 update for testing purposes , so if you want to check them out , re-download latest update and enable it per instructions.

The main novelty is my attempt to utilize rarely used radioman's ability to take bearings of static radio sources and to transform it into basic radio navigation . This will be really cool addition IMO to already existing real navigation...

https://s6.postimg.org/xtu89j23x/SH5...4_23.26.56.jpg

....... Actually. Ur change log doesnt go back to when the last time i played lol. I got no idea when i changed this. I just skimmed thru it again.

Btw... When did you change the AI. And im not talking about the minor tweaks to planes. Im talking about the cracked out destroyer AI. The polish suck at depth charging but holy hell. They defintly can shoot. Starting a new campaign earlier i almost died in my first encounter. I was shadowing the polish task force after i reported there position in the very early morning. Ie 330 an on the 1st of September. And all of a sudden a stuka night raid hits them. And my friends with the pocket battleship show up.... Who does the desi decide to take a crack shot at......ME.....(the guy on the horizon out of view and the only one not shooting at him). One quick salvo in rapid succession. I hear the wiz. Followed by the boom boom boom..... Direct friken hit to my electric engine room, control room and radio room. The main pump gets knocked out, electric motors knocked out and ooooo boy did i have flooding.... I crash dived not knowing.... Almost didn't come back up once i figured out i sprung leaks and i took some crazy angles. And had no power.
I caught it at 70m. And managed to get weak propulsion back and even did a EMBT.... Lol yeah that was useless. Manually focused repairs to the pressure hull and main punp. By the time i got back to the surface it was noon and everyone was gone lol.... Whatever sets of mods you got installed to do that is amazing..... Thats how it really rolls lol

fitzcarraldo 06-09-17 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

Is this implemented in 2.02? I have the 2.02 update "first version". We need to redownload it, I understand.

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 06-09-17 02:49 PM

Leaving fjords of Norway...

https://s6.postimg.org/65qf4cpkh/SH5...9_13.38.06.jpg

Dumb pilot(s)...:)

https://s6.postimg.org/wglfgkdbl/SH5...3_03.56.36.jpg

GeneralDeath99 06-09-17 10:30 PM

So quick question about the "North Western Approaches" misson. (And possibly any other missions if this happens to them too.) When I received this mission, my primary objective that i read in my Captain's Log stated that I was to "Engage any encountered enemy task force in your patrol area." Yet I had not received any specific patrol area like I had in the "Eastern British Coastal Waters" misson (Example like AN5515, AN 5460, etc.) Theses never popped up as radio messages or anything.

Then however the objective was completed and changed because you notice the "Finished" indicator in green, but the new objective was literally the same thing as before. I did this time receive a radio message however, that stated to patrol between Iceland and the Faroes for our warships to make their way into the Atlantic. I literally patrolled the whole straight without a single contact.

Now my objective seems to be failed because "Finished" is in red and I got a message to do my own patrol. Seems like the BdU got tired of not hear about any success. :(

Was I patroling the wrong are the whole time? If so, the game didn't specifically tell me where to patrol regarding the patrol squares like last time.

TLDR, Game didn't give me my area to patrol, failed mission because I didn't sink anything ships

Torpedo 06-10-17 03:02 AM

MG-34 in Uboot7b

Hi all!
This mod disables flags and the machine gun MG-34 in all uboots including Uboot7b.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/w...psnlmhkbz1.jpg

the link at the mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a8wpm1...by_Torpedo.zip

Torpedo :Kaleun_Salute:

P.S. Remove flags and MG-34 in port or in patrol with JSGME

vdr1981 06-10-17 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2490006)
Hi all!
There is an error in "TWoS Remove Sub Flags". This mod disables flags and the MG-34 in all uboots but in Uboot7b the MG-34s remain.

The mod is called " Remove Sub flags" and not "remove sub flags and machine guns" . I left them intentionally...:) Maybe you should rename your mod...

Torpedo 06-10-17 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2490008)
The mod is called " Remove Sub flags" and not "remove sub flags and machine guns" . I left them intentionally...:) Maybe you should rename your mod...

Hi Vecko!
The mg-34 in the "TWoS Remove Sub Flags" mode are eliminated in all u-boot and not in Uboot7b for what reason?
This in NSS_Uboat7a.eqp, NSS_Uboat7c.eqp, NSS_Uboat7c41.eqp

; Edited by TheBeast
; ################################################# #########
; ### To Disable Any Flag or Gun Set StartDate = 19451230 ###
; ### To Enable Any Flag or Gun Set StartDate = 19380101 ###
; ################################################# #########
; ### MG-34 Machine Guns ###
[Equipment 12]
NodeName = M92
LinkName = MG_34
StartDate = 19451230
EndDate = 19451231

[Equipment 13]
NodeName = M93
LinkName = MG_34
StartDate = 19451230
EndDate = 19451231

The Uboot7b is different from the others? Then I miss the reason...Tell me, please!

Torpedo

vdr1981 06-10-17 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2490011)

The Uboot7b is different from the others? Then I miss the reason...Tell me, please!

Torpedo

No particular reason really...I just thought that little change in conning tower appearance wouldn't hurt...

Dedox 06-10-17 12:02 PM

congratulations

Hi, I'm new here. I want to congratulate the entire subsim team for the wonderful work. I played the original SH5 a few times and found the gameplay very bad, but I accidentally decoded the subsim and installed the The wolves of steel and was amazed at the game and the modifying options. congratulations: Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 06-10-17 12:39 PM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

Dedox!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 06-10-17 05:50 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Dedox
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

Scottvdken 06-10-17 10:41 PM

Hi all,
I am only now getting into SH5, after being disappointed by Cold Waters. I have installed your mod, but am not yet ready to jump into 100% realism. My question is regarding map contacts - I would like to see them on the map. I have changed the contacts appear on map under options, and have checked the boxes needed on both the nav and tactical map options. When I load the game, I see contacts for about 30 seconds, and then they disappear. This is off a save game where I have contacts directly in front of me at about 6km. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks!