SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Jan50 05-22-17 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2485748)
Be more agressive! :Kaleun_Wink:

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

I don't no how to use the atack periscope.

Aktungbby 05-22-17 02:13 AM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

Jan50!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 05-22-17 04:33 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Jan50
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

There are many good YouTube Silent Hunter 5 videos you can learn a lot from.

fitzcarraldo 05-22-17 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2485881)

Yes, Jan50. Read carefully the tutorials and see the videos. You can start with autotargeting:

Select your target with space key (the bar).

Block in the scope the target with "X" key.

Select the depht of your torpedo. Select the pistol (magnetic or impact).

Open the tube and launch torpedo.

If you have luck, you will hit your target (could be a dude, premature explosion or simply the target avoid the torpedo).

Welcome aboard!

Jan50 05-23-17 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2485881)

Thanks everyone :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 05-23-17 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan50 (Post 2486113)
Thanks everyone :Kaleun_Salute:

See:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231352

Post 2, video, Auto TDC.

Regards.

kevinsue 05-24-17 02:42 AM

Does the Luftwaffe engage enemy's and u boat radar ops

Thanks Vecko for all the updates :up: Just started "Mare Nostrum" again with the latest TWoS version and once again did the painful night transit of the Kiel Canal after I accidentally switched off the Harbour Pilot... (God I wish this campaign started in Lorient) :yep:

I've decided to take the shorter but more dangerous route to Italy via the English Channel instead of Northern Scotland and have a couple of questions, the first one being; does the Luftwaffe based in Northern France engage the Allied aircraft to reduce Allied air cover along the French coast?

For the first time in all my SH5 careers, I am actually starting out with a radar fitted to my boat! Is the version of silentmichal's new interior used in TWoS the updated Room_QR1_Update_2_byTheBeast which revised the radar ranges found here; and is there a keybind modifier that increases the speed of azimuth rotation when manually rotating the wheel as it's so slow when using the mouse wheel? For some technical reason, TheBeast replaced the FuMO 29 Seetakt radar oscilloscope display with the ppi display which rotates 360° instead of a 60° arc in front of the boat with the dipole antenna fixed to the conning tower. :hmmm:

Jan50 05-24-17 08:22 AM

I played the manual_TDC_01_90deg tuturial, So i watch the speed with the 2 mark points and the ruler And when i have the Distance, there Appeared a map for the speed.
I can't find that map when i play without the Tutorial.:hmmm:

vdr1981 05-24-17 10:25 AM

New GUI dials...

https://s6.postimg.org/k80cw2a29/output_PZVU5_V.gif

Tonci87 05-24-17 11:27 AM

They really do look nice :yeah:
I guess nobody had an idea how to make the UI less bright (or red) at nighttime?
Well, I guess SH has a long future ahead, so someday somebody might figure out something :)

EDIT:
I might have an idea.

The brightest and most annoying thing when you try to figure out what kind of ship you are looking at at nighttime, is actually the recognition manual with itīs paper coloured background. Would it be possible to have a second one that is in negative colours?

Also the Crew log. That one is quite bright as well. Maybe that could be changed to some other colour by default?

francho1961 05-24-17 11:35 AM

automatic mode Sooting ?

Can you play in automatic shooting mode with some compatible mod? ..., Thanks friends,
:Kaleun_Cheers:

nemo7 05-24-17 12:23 PM

The new GUI dials are top notch! :arrgh!:

fitzcarraldo 05-24-17 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francho1961 (Post 2486398)
Can you play in automatic shooting mode with some compatible mod? ..., Thanks friends,
:Kaleun_Cheers:

But you can use auto "shooting" (auto TDC) with TWoS only... No needed others mods.

Regards.

fitzcarraldo 05-24-17 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemo7 (Post 2486411)
The new GUI dials are top notch! :arrgh!:

+ 1. Great!

Many thanks!

kevinsue 05-24-17 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2486393)
They really do look nice :yeah:
I guess nobody had an idea how to make the UI less bright (or red) at nighttime?
Well, I guess SH has a long future ahead, so someday somebody might figure out something :)

EDIT:
I might have an idea.

The brightest and most annoying thing when you try to figure out what kind of ship you are looking at at nighttime, is actually the recognition manual with itīs paper coloured background. Would it be possible to have a second one that is in negative colours?

Also the Crew log. That one is quite bright as well. Maybe that could be changed to some other colour by default?

I found that the new "clean" version of the RAOBF was far too bright when setting up an attack in low light so I replaced the textures with the yellowish "dirty" originals. I tried to do a negative version but couldn't get it to look right in all lighting situations. The Message Box is another that stabs your eyes when peering into the gloom for that DD that's trying to kill you...:D

Just tried reducing the brightness of the Recognition Manual (SOAN) pages by about 30% and the screenshot below is the result. It's a little easier on the eyes when it's dark but it will remain darker during the daytime a well. Having a red mask tied to the day/night cycle like the map and interior would be a much better solution....

http://i68.tinypic.com/3539ged.jpg