SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 05-02-17 02:27 PM

I use W10 with W7 compatibility and administrator rights with SH5 TWoS 2 AND Uplay - I start SH5 with Uplay ever. Games saved in machine and Ubi cloud.

Also I use the direct X dll for fixed FPS=35.

No problems in my Scapa trips.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Shaefer 05-03-17 02:55 AM

I use windows 10, launch the game from Uplay, I don`t run the game in administrator mode.
No problems at all.
(I guess problems are hardware related)

gezahu 05-03-17 01:17 PM

I get CTD tying to load hitoric missions TWOS 2.0 does anyone have the same? My saved games load fine.

immondo 05-03-17 02:54 PM

hey

I'm talking to vdr1981

I don't like the freestyle campaign progress system. You say it's more realistic, i think it is stupid talking about a simulation\strategic game.

Without a Precise purpose or a precise objective i can not see the difference fulfilling a mission, for example: the mission says "sink a battleship in this area" i complete the mission succefully, but i can not see the difference, the mission is still "on going", it will be finished only after the end date.

So, the result is: it does not matter if you complete or not the objective, the storyline will not change. the only consequence will be about promotion points... and i find all this very stupid.. it's like to go hunting in the field with my gun just for fun..

Try to imagine the midway battle with this style.. I'm an american destroyer.. and i'm hunting japanese aircarriers.. by your rules it does not matter if we sink or not the objectives... we are going to win the battle anyway!

Please, i'm looking for a purpose to continue to play the game.. so please help me to find some way to accept this megamod.. maybe some aspect i misunderstood or didn't see..

J0313 05-03-17 04:40 PM

Just stop playing it then.

immondo 05-03-17 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2482088)
Just stop playing it then.

very good advice. it seems you agree with me (sarcasm)

HW3 05-03-17 06:47 PM

Vecko, the location of the fleet carrier was AN2322 as part of a large task force heading NE at 15 kts. The carrier was third in line in the middle row.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps8b9ybnob.jpg

Japo32 05-03-17 07:27 PM

Hello

I have a problem. In task I was assigned to a grid. I completed and then they gave me a msg via enigma to new grid patrol. Completed that also, but it only now appears the yellow sign that says I have new orders.. but not radio msg received. In the captain area it only says on going new tasks.. but nothing more as it was with the second grid (that I knew which one it was because the enigma msg....)
So I make pass time quick but no radio msg. Report status 3 times but not msg to new orders, so I don't know what to do....
I am November 39

Any help?

Thanks!

J0313 05-04-17 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immondo (Post 2482091)
very good advice. it seems you agree with me (sarcasm)

Why does someone have to try and HELP you like the game. Either you like the concept or you don't. So stop playing it if you don't like it. I've got news for you bro, all the SH series games are as you put it, " freestyle ".

palmic 05-04-17 03:18 PM

Haha twos became famous enough for casual players :D

Lestart44 05-04-17 04:26 PM

help pleas

i really need Your help .
when i played the game 1 month ago everting was fine

when i start the game me screen became black i hear the sound of the game but nothing more.

windows 10 64bit
processor core TM i5 - 6600cpu 3.30ghz
8gb ram
nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

antoni112 05-05-17 01:05 AM

THX:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Salute:

palmic 05-05-17 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lestart44 (Post 2482262)
i really need Your help .
when i played the game 1 month ago everting was fine

when i start the game me screen became black i hear the sound of the game but nothing more.

windows 10 64bit
processor core TM i5 - 6600cpu 3.30ghz
8gb ram
nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

Do you have last TWOS version?
Tried drivers update?
Last resort - try to completely reinstall whole SH5 with directory delete and install fresh last TWOS and try to start new Campaign

zilbermoon 05-05-17 06:44 AM

How to increase HUD size?

Hello.

I have poor eyesight.
I installed The Wolves of Steel.
Is it possible to zoom in to the HUD? To absolutely all instruments, pencils, icons, inscriptions and buttons are larger. Is there a setting: HUD scale of 100% ... 200%...300%?

I hope Google translated my request correctly. :)

Jimbuna 05-05-17 07:22 AM

Welcome to SubSim zilbermoon :Kaleun_Salute: