SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 08-02-16 06:37 PM

IMO skill/promotion points are very important in the first instance to the Bosun and secondly to the Cook.
It is essential to obtain as much morale as you can get.
peter

THE_MASK 08-02-16 06:41 PM

Re neutrals .
BDU will send you a CTD afaik .

fitzcarraldo 08-02-16 08:04 PM

...Also if you attack friends....

Doenitz press "Das Booton" and CTD for you...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

potus 08-02-16 08:15 PM

ow damn then i will keep my hands of those Danes :/\\!!

EDIT: I like this mod(pack) a lot. still confused about some things, I noticed the captain log that messages there are directed at U-32 whereas if I check my radio log everything is directed at U-28, and i was confused about the neutrals as bdu send me a message at one point where ships near the east coast, darkened ships between such and such coordinates could be attacked just wanted to double check everything.

Is there a list of dates with nations that are allowed to be attacked?

another EDIT: now i am really confused as i was to break of my attack on those 2 Danish freighters i surfaced and reported those contacts back and send a patrol report to Bdu. all the sudden i get a radio message back from Bdu to attack contacts.

THE_MASK 08-03-16 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potus (Post 2423499)
ow damn then i will keep my hands of those Danes :/\\!!

EDIT: I like this mod(pack) a lot. still confused about some things, I noticed the captain log that messages there are directed at U-32 whereas if I check my radio log everything is directed at U-28, and i was confused about the neutrals as bdu send me a message at one point where ships near the east coast, darkened ships between such and such coordinates could be attacked just wanted to double check everything.

Is there a list of dates with nations that are allowed to be attacked?

another EDIT: now i am really confused as i was to break of my attack on those 2 Danish freighters i surfaced and reported those contacts back and send a patrol report to Bdu. all the sudden i get a radio message back from Bdu to attack contacts.

Look at the flags chart in the recognition manual . The axis / allied periods should be in there .

THE_MASK 08-03-16 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodin (Post 2423513)
Ahoy mateys

Firstly, I must apologize if this has already been addressed, but I had trouble finding it in a search.

My question is pretty simple, actually: Using this wonderful mod pack, I noticed that the bar showing the total tonnage required to finish the british coastal waters mission is no longer visible. Sounds good to me (for realism?).

However, not having played in a long time, I cannot remember whether or not a notification is given once I have sunk the required tonnage to complete the mission off the British coast (in order to move on to the patrol area around northern/northwest britain, whatever that one is called).

I have sunk over 20,000 tons within the red line on the eastern coast of England. I also finally learned how to use the kriegsmarine grid system, and completed all the secondary patrol missions, and now with two torpedoes remaining, planning to sink a couple more--though only finding fishing boats and many, many more warships than I saw when I first arrived! So, thinking of just heading back to base and getting some damage repaired which my repairmen can't seem to fix at sea, and seeing if the British Coastal waters shows as complete when I arrive in bunker.

So, again: Will I be notified while at sea that I've sunk enough tonnage while at sea to be able to move on to the next patrol within the first Coastal Waters campaign, or how will I know?

Oberleutnent zur see Bruce Bodinsen (U-28, 2nd Flotilla) :Kaleun_Salute:
P.S.
Do people still use KSD Commander

Tips:
Vecko quote
''Career progress depends on:
- Promotional points for the crew - secondary patrol missions, spy infiltration ect...
- Points for new equipment - number of sunken ships/tonnage from anywhere in the world
- New sub offer - Rating points gained by sinking capital ships and tankers anywhere in the world
- Medals - Overall tonnage, sinkings of capital ships ''
Vecko can correct me if I am wrong
Yes I am using KSD (elite flotilla /current)

Bodin 08-03-16 02:18 AM

Oops

During a late-night brainfart I accidentally deleted this post! Here is what I said a few posts up ago: (SORRY!)
-------------------------

Ahoy mateys

Firstly, I must apologize if this has already been addressed, but I had trouble finding it in a search.

My question is pretty simple, actually: Using this wonderful mod pack, I noticed that the bar showing the total tonnage required to finish the british coastal waters mission is no longer visible. Sounds good to me (for realism?).

However, not having played in a long time, I cannot remember whether or not a notification is given once I have sunk the required tonnage to complete the mission off the British coast (in order to move on to the patrol area around northern/northwest britain, whatever that one is called).

I have sunk over 20,000 tons within the red line on the eastern coast of England. I also finally learned how to use the kriegsmarine grid system, and completed all the secondary patrol missions, and now with two torpedoes remaining, planning to sink a couple more--though only finding fishing boats and many, many more warships than I saw when I first arrived! So, thinking of just heading back to base and getting some damage repaired which my repairmen can't seem to fix at sea, and seeing if the British Coastal waters shows as complete when I arrive in bunker.

So, again: Will I be notified while at sea that I've sunk enough tonnage while at sea to be able to move on to the next patrol within the first Coastal Waters campaign, or how will I know?

P.S.

<QUOTE FROM SOBER BELOW>
Tips:
Vecko quote
- Promotional points for the crew - secondary patrol missions, spy infiltration ect...
- Points for new equipment - number of sunken ships/tonnage from anywhere in the world
- New sub offer - Rating points gained by sinking capital ships and tankers anywhere in the world

-------

Forgive me if I misunderstood you reply, sober (and thanks for the quick response), but I meant I am confused how much tonnage I need to sink to finish the Eastern Brit Coast operation and move on to Northwest Approaches, if thats' what it's called. Are you saying I should return to base and then the map should say that that operation has been completed? I was under the impression that I should reload at friendly when necessary, and then go out and keep sinking off the east coast with the red line until that op has been completed (ie, sunk enough vessels) and get the 'Finished' status on the screen that shows when you exit: ie, First deployment: finished, Polish thing: finished. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks for tolerating my ignorance.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smar...ser_online.gif http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/report.gif http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/edit.gif

THE_MASK 08-03-16 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodin (Post 2423522)
During a late-night brainfart I accidentally deleted this post! Here is what I said a few posts up ago: (SORRY!)
-------------------------

Ahoy mateys

P.S.

<QUOTE FROM SOBER BELOW>
Tips:
Vecko quote

-------

Forgive me if I misunderstood you reply, sober (and thanks for the quick response), but I meant I am confused how much tonnage I need to sink to finish the Eastern Brit Coast operation and move on to Northwest Approaches, if thats' what it's called. Are you saying I should return to base and then the map should say that that operation has been completed? I was under the impression that I should reload at friendly when necessary, and then go out and keep sinking off the east coast with the red line until that op has been completed (ie, sunk enough vessels) and get the 'Finished' status on the screen that shows when you exit: ie, First deployment: finished, Polish thing: finished. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks for tolerating my ignorance.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smar...ser_online.gif http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/report.gif http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/edit.gif

There is no tonnage that you have to achieve . Look at your orders on the right hand side (captains page) . It says go to grid X . Patrol there for X amount of time . Forget tonnage requirements . The finished status is time based not tonnage based . Use KSD if you want to make tonnage count .

Bodin 08-03-16 02:55 AM

Ah! I see. So that tonnage bar thing was a vanilla thing then I suppose. Great, I'm getting the hell out of of here then and heading for port! Thanks sober!:subsim:

THEBERBSTER 08-03-16 04:43 AM

U-Boat numbers and Captain's names can be changed in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer using the Ship's Journal Tab.
Peter

Bodin 08-03-16 02:24 PM

ONE more question!

Regarding missions:

I am so sorry that I am probably posting this in the wrong forum, as it probably doesn't directly relate to this wonderful modpack. But, as an addendum/post script/whatever the right word would be, to my last post, can I ask one more thing?

Ok, so I don't have to worry about filling up a tonnage bar to complete the british coast missions. I returned to Memel. So, what do I do now? The british coastal stuff has not been completed (according to the summary screen that shows when you quit the game [pending shows rather than finished]. Should I request the same mission again until the end date in december? Will the mission then show as finished? Or should I move on to 'breaking the fortress,' and hope the former mission shows as 'finished' after the respective deadline passes?

I hope the way I put that made sense.

Thanks in advance, captains.:arrgh!:

potus 08-03-16 02:31 PM

Thanks for the tip on the flags, never noticed that addition in the charts.

And i have not fooled around with the TDW's Options File Editor Viewer have to look into that then thanks!

Here is the cause for my confusion so far.

This is a screenshot from a save file after I engaged and sunk those Danish targets (figured lets have a go at it have a safe file just in case :p)

The captain log showing U32 the radio message showing U28 (have to change that in the TDW's Options File Editor Viewer then. )
notice the "attack target" message (this message came in after I reported those 2 Danish contacts back) So looking at the newly discovered flags book which i never used.... and going by the dates of when Denmark is on the allied side I would not be allowed to attack them right? For test purposes and the desire to see fireworks I did engaged those. No Bdu CTD though, so i guess those kills won't do me any good career and promotion points wise? Or is it better I just go to my older save file and just avoid those 2 Danish completely as i am probably waiting for that CTD Bdu message?

LesBaker 08-03-16 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodin (Post 2423686)
Regarding missions:

I am so sorry that I am probably posting this in the wrong forum, as it probably doesn't directly relate to this wonderful modpack. But, as an addendum/post script/whatever the right word would be, to my last post, can I ask one more thing?

Ok, so I don't have to worry about filling up a tonnage bar to complete the british coast missions. I returned to Memel. So, what do I do now? The british coastal stuff has not been completed (according to the summary screen that shows when you quit the game [pending shows rather than finished]. Should I request the same mission again until the end date in december? Will the mission then show as finished? Or should I move on to 'breaking the fortress,' and hope the former mission shows as 'finished' after the respective deadline passes?

I hope the way I put that made sense.

Thanks in advance, captains.:arrgh!:

Hi Bodin,

You should have been rebased to Kiel after the Baltic mission, where you then chose the British east Coast Mission, therefore you have to return to Kiel to complete the mission, unless you received a message telling you that you have been rebased to Wilhelmshaven, in which case you will have to go to Wilhelmshaven to complete the mission.

Les

THEBERBSTER 08-03-16 04:33 PM

Hi Bodin
You should never return to Memel once you have left it.
On completing the objective you get an automatic game save and receive a radio message that can also be seen in the Captain's Log telling you of your new base in Kiel.
Make a manual game save 200km from Kiel.
You will not see your next mission before 4th September on your navigation map until 00.00 Nautical time GMT 23.00.
Click on the Anchor and end the patrol at GMT 00.00 or later.
When loading the game again you should now be able to request British Coastal Waters.
Breaking The Fortress usually appears a short time later when you are at sea and it is unlikely that you can request it unless you dock at a later date.
You can still do BTF even though you have not requested it and then continue with BCW.
Pete

Bodin 08-03-16 05:38 PM

Thanks for the replies.

It's Oct 10, 1939. When I selected the british coastal orders, I left my base from Kiel and had been patrolling the various ordered sectors until I received a radio message saying that I'd been reassigned to Wilhemshaven. After I received no more orders to patrol certain sectors, I returned to Wilhelmshaven, selected the anchor and ended mission. I'm a bit confused now ;)

edit: Since sober said (unless Imisunderstood) that there is no maximum tonnage bar to worry about with this mod, I simply returned to base, though british coast is still available, as well as breaking fortress, and another mission as well

edit2: love your tutorial thread btw, theberbster!