SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

ghickey 07-29-16 06:47 PM

Ubisoft changed recently [that prevents mod from launching?]

Hello! I've been playing the mod for about 6 months with no issues, until now.

When I go to launch, I get stopped by an UbiSoft loading window that never finishes loading.

Has anybody have this issue recently or know how to get passed?

Thanks

fitzcarraldo 07-29-16 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghickey (Post 2422491)

When I go to launch, I get stopped by an UbiSoft loading window that never finishes loading.

Thanks

Do you have W10?

The Uplay installed with the not steam game don't work well with W10. Download from Ubisoft the Uplay and install it. And try. I had to do it for my SH5 when installed W10.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

THEBERBSTER 07-30-16 05:42 AM

Hi gh
Uninstall your current game launcher in the Control Panel's Program & Features.
You can install this genuine new one on any drive and in any folder.
Post #157 How To Replace a Faulty SH5 Game Launcher

Peter

reignofdeath 07-31-16 12:14 PM

Install instructions come with the download yes?? I specifically remember a while ago having to go into the TDW generic patcher to switch off things I didn't want (Like real nav and stuff)

ghickey 07-31-16 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghickey (Post 2422491)

Thanks

Found a solution and want to let people know. The trick for me is to right click on "sh4.exe", go to properties, compatibility, and check the box labeled "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." I'mm running windows 8 on a bootcamped iMac, so recent windows update must have changed things around

Luigi1717 08-01-16 01:10 PM

Hi everyone I'm new to subsim so I'm not sure if I should be posting this here.

I downloaded the mod yesterday following The Norse Cast installation video on youtube and everything went great. The only mod I didn't install was the real navigation, I'm still new to the game and I wouldn't be capable of moving the sub around with that mod.

When I started playing the game though I noticed a few tools were missing, at first I though it was due to the mod, so I went and watched one of The Norse Cast gameplay of the mod and noticed he still had them.

I was somehow able to make all the tools at the bottom left of the screen appear (speed gauges, bearing, fuel etc.) but not the ones on the top right TC indicator and all the other icons. Also al the crew outside the sub when I'm surfaced has disappeared.

What should I do?
Thanks

THEBERBSTER 08-01-16 02:24 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Luigi1717
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

Tools are compass, ruler, marker, protractor, eraser, not gauges.
IIRC alt + tab will make your deck crew disappear.
You need to reload the saved game.

THEBERBSTER 08-01-16 02:30 PM

Hi CS
Real Navigation only becomes active when the mod is enabled and AFAIK no other changes need to be made if not using it.
Peter

Luigi1717 08-01-16 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2423117)
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Luigi1717
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

Tools are compass, ruler, marker, protractor, eraser, not gauges.
IIRC alt + tab will make your deck crew disappear.
You need to reload the saved game.

Thank you for your feedback, I tried reloading the saved game but unfortunately it didn't work.
What else should I try?

Der Kuenstler 08-01-16 04:21 PM

How can you tell?

Hello all, I'm new to the game and have just installed this megamod - but how I tell if it is working? I don't see any Wolves of Steel indications anywhere when I launch the game, although it appears to launch and work OK.

potus 08-02-16 04:43 PM

and i have a question about the neutrals, its October 1939 here and i am looking at 2 danish freighters sailing towards an English port are they legit targets? please tell me they are :arrgh!:

THE_MASK 08-02-16 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potus (Post 2422239)
Alright thanks for the reply!
was under the impression that you have to request every mission in the bunker.

anyways onward i go and sink those tommies! :p bit less fortunate then you though, i need to go patrol near Dover, but that can wait will get to scapa flow first :arrgh!:

Unless you request the mission in the bunker you wont get any skill points for the crew afaik . Handy to upgrade as much as possible imo . 1 skill point per objective etc .

potus 08-02-16 05:43 PM

Well that brings me back to my first point then.

Doesn't that mean that if I was to request the mission from the bunker (breaking the fortress aka scapa flow)
that pretty much means I have to wait until it actually becomes available meaning I have to sail for some time in front of Kiel harbor (until September 10) before entering the bunker?
Ergo i loose around 6 days i could be on patrol plus the days it keeps you in the bunker, so i would sail out again somewhere begin October '39.

I don't mind the crew skill points that much although it would be nice to collect them along the way specially since my raid was a big succes :p. I currently am on British coastal water mission and did the scapa flow mission along the way without requesting it. I noticed that when I close the game it says for breaking the fortress it is finished so I pass the mission I guess, but I will not receive the skill points for the crew once I dock in willemshaven and end the current patrol correct?

THE_MASK 08-02-16 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potus (Post 2423477)
Well that brings me back to my first point then.

Doesn't that mean that if I was to request the mission from the bunker (breaking the fortress aka scapa flow)
that pretty much means I have to wait until it actually becomes available meaning I have to sail for some time in front of Kiel harbor (until September 10) before entering the bunker?
Ergo i loose around 6 days i could be on patrol plus the days it keeps you in the bunker, so i would sail out again somewhere begin October '39.

I don't mind the crew skill points that much although it would be nice to collect them along the way specially since my raid was a big succes :p. I currently am on British coastal water mission and did the scapa flow mission along the way without requesting it. I noticed that when I close the game it says for breaking the fortress it is finished so I pass the mission I guess, but I will not receive the skill points for the crew once I dock in willemshaven and end the current patrol correct?

Afaik , plenty of time to get skill points .
Tips:
Vecko quote
''Career progress depends on:
- Promotional points for the crew - secondary patrol missions, spy infiltration ect...
- Points for new equipment - number of sunken ships/tonnage from anywhere in the world
- New sub offer - Rating points gained by sinking capital ships and tankers anywhere in the world
- Medals - Overall tonnage, sinkings of capital ships ''
Vecko can correct me if I am wrong

potus 08-02-16 06:13 PM

alright thanks! Yeah indeed time enough to get them more skilled :)
You know anything about the neutrals? Its October and i am looking at 2 juicy Danish freighters sailing towards an English port are they fair game? :p